What's new

PAF Chief flies the Typhoon

However, to be honest, i dont think Pakistan can afford this formidable fighter jet, since its quite expensive. Reason outside Europe only very wealthy countries like Saudia Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar have odered/are using it so far, though Republic of Oman is a special case.

We might be in for a surprise here. Apparently PAF has been saving up for a big purchase to offset increasing imbalance. If recent indicators from PAF are anything to go by, couple of squadrons of 4+ to 4.5 Gen acquisition is in order. And it seems they have the money.

What the hell does a s s sparked even mean, you have any idea what you are typing or just typing random sentences just because you have access to a keyboard? I gave you a decent suggestion and you come back with this reply? Really?

@Topic

How regularly does the PAF chief fly a jet himself in the PAF inventory? Jammer said PAF chiefs have to be able to fly a jet, does being-able-to translate to should-fly? And what is the norm for other air force chiefs?
ISI answered your question ...
if you need any further details contact PAF

The PAF is probably one of the few if not the only air force where it's Chief has to be an active flyer hence leading from the front.... the others may have been given a back seat ride but PAF Chiefs always fly them self.
Earlier, ACM Tanvir also checked out the Typhoon as well.

538529_572756176083257_870284061_n.jpg

Thanks. I am trying to figure out if this ride was just to honour our Air Chief's love for flying or there is more to it than meets the eye if you know what I mean.

Its a fantastic plane if paf go for it so with few sqd of used F16 couple with EF will go long way it seems to me a window opening up for PAF should go for it

I've always wanted to see the beautiful Typhoon in the PAF. It is one of the best 4.5 generation jets out there. It would give the PAF a great boost.

I never get sick of seeing our national fighter, it's just so graceful in the air.

As for the flight, I think it's just a little treat from a friend, rather than any serious considerations for a purchase.

The PAF is probably one of the few if not the only air force where it's Chief has to be an active flyer hence leading from the front.... the others may have been given a back seat ride but PAF Chiefs always fly them self.

He is sitting in the back seat @Windjammer The cockpit is hinged for a two seater as you ca see in the picture. For a single seater, the cockpit is not hinged but lifted by a hydraulic.

COAS In Saudi while PAF Chief is UK.

Saudis are going to provide financial assistance for the Typhoon procurement by Pakistan.

I hope PAF doesn't go for both SU35 or EF. It is only J11D that is best possible option as 4.5 Generation aircraft.

It all depends if PAF wants inter-operability with the Chinese or the Saudis or both and vice versa

We are not getting Typhoons There is no way we can afford them right now. Try J11 it doesnt come with strings attached

Yawn. Typhoon is ugly. Yawn

nope. Not a fan of Tejas type designed planes.
Who cares? As long as it can rain down hell on the enemy. Yes the curves on Rafale seduce me too, but in the air, the sexier jet doesnt win, the better one does

In musharraf era when the economy was doing well I think PAF was interested in 36 or so typhoon, J-10 or F-16 Block 52+
then only 36 F-16s were chosen but the order was reduced to 18
pretty much all the armed forces modernization plans were put on hold ever since these so called democratic governments came to power
with 300 or so mirages and f-7 retiring PAF needs to acquire modern aircraft ASAP
JF-17 is good enough to fill in the numbers but it is no match for rafale, typhoon, SU-30 not to mention the 5th gen aircraft getting into service

Back
Top Bottom