What's new

Over 50% of children face sexual abuse in India

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi: Aamir Khan's show 'Satyamev Jayate' is just two episodes old, but the show is getting very good response from the common viewers as well as celebrities, however some of the facts revealed on the show are shocking.
The report that Aamir Khan and his guests quoted from, is 'Study on Child Abuse: India 2007' by the Women and Child Development Ministry. The study is a detailed analysis of the pathetic state of affairs when it comes to curbing the problem of child sexual abuse in India.
The study says that 53.22 per cent of all the Indian children face one or the other kind of sexual abuse. Surprisingly, 58.33 per cent of the total children facing any sort of abuses were male. It is against the popular belief that girls are more prone to sexual abuses.

The states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar and Delhi reported the highest percentage of sexual abuse among both boys and girls.
21.90 per cent child respondents reported facing severe forms of sexual abuse and 50.76 per cent other forms of sexual abuse.
Though the media occasionally reports the cases of violence against toddlers, but such cases are higher in umber than general expectations. This study highlights that tiny helpless tots are very prone to such abuses.
This study questions the mindset of Indian parents too, because only 17.24% of young Indian adults were found in favour of harsh punishments including imprisonment for the abusers, while 51.31% wanted the matter to be fixed within the family.
The second episode of 'Satyamev Jayate' featured Harish Aiyer's story who had shared his plight with his mother but couldn’t fetch her sympathy because she didn't believe his account.
Almost 79 per cent children chose to keep quiet when forced to see private body parts of the abusers. The study is full of such findings. 'Satyamev Jayate' should be praised for its effort of bringing such a big problem into the limelight.
Corruption and terrorism are still considered as bigger threat to our families than sexual abuse, but these data reveal that it can act as a silent killer as the victim can never get out of the trauma. It's high time to form a well directed policy to combat the devil of child sexual abuse.
Satyamev Jayate: 53.22 pc of children face sexual abuse in India - India News - IBNLive

I love Satyamev Jayate
50% is BS figure from Media just to add up weightage to the issue....but Such shows are helping us to know problem in our country !!

Its not actually. Obviously sexual abuse is not the same as sexual assault. And there in lies the problem I think, kids probably don't even understand as to whats going on, whats right and whats wrong, and probably why they never complain about it to their parents.

I love Satyamev Jayate
50% is BS figure from Media just to add up weightage to the issue....but Such shows are helping us to know problem in our country !!

Sometimes reading the article does help.

'Study on Child Abuse: India 2007' by the Women and Child Development Ministry.

Good job Aamir Khan for exposing the hidden evils of society!!

The matter of fact is, if we want to grow better we need to first identify our problems.. Closing eyes like others in the neighborhood is not going to help..

Neither would the cheap banter and pointing fingers at others.

Its not actually. Obviously sexual abuse is not the same as sexual assault. And there in lies the problem I think, kids probably don't even understand as to whats going on, whats right and whats wrong, and probably why they never complain about it to their parents.

I still doubt the Figure , Sir !
We live in same society , but see such incidents only in newspapers or TV news ! if it was close to 50% we would have noticed it around us too !!

Good job Aamir Khan for exposing the hidden evils of society!! If we want to grow better we need to first identify our problems.. Closing eyes like others in the neighborhood is not going to help..

Exactly ! No body can help us better until we analyse ourselves !! Knowing our evil problems is first step to solve it :)

Sometimes reading the article does help.

'Study on Child Abuse: India 2007' by the Women and Child Development Ministry.
That survey was carried out across 13 states and with a sample size of 12,447..

To your surprise, India got 28 states and 7 Union territories and holds a population of 1 billion plus..

Neither would the cheap banter and pointing fingers at others.

Don't get defensive. anyways, you guys are doing marvelous job in UK..

I still doubt the Figure , Sir !
We live in same society , but see such incidents only in newspapers or TV news ! if it was close to 50% we would have noticed it around us too !!

Well its from Government of India Report, based on survey of 12000 kids. Street children, child labourers and kids in orphange are the worst affected. Thats why its not visible in the society to people like you and me.

2hp3w5y.png

2me1kax.png

That survey was carried out across 13 states and with a sample size of 12,447..

To your surprise, India got 28 states and 7 Union territories and holds a population of 1 billion plus..

Just as well, could prove to be the tip of the iceberg.
Don't get defensive. anyways, you guys are doing marvelous job in UK..

Don't digress from the topic. !!

If there is any truth the Indian govt should take urgent action to punish the perpetrators

Back
Top Bottom