What's new

Over 200 Mizo youths recruited by Indian Army

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Over 200 Mizo youths recruited by Indian Army

Aizawl (Mizonews.Net): As many as 209 Mizo youths who recently qualified to join Army were flagged off to undergo training by Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla here at the Army Recruiting Office and at Vanapa Hall here in the state capital yesterday.

They will undergo training at the Assam Regimental Centre in Shillong.

“As all possible steps were taken to recruit many youths even during the last 4 years, about 4000 Mizo youths have joined the Army service,” the Chief Minister said.

He said army is a good career for earning one’s living . “The salary can even be saved in full and the service is integral to national integration.”

The Chief Minister also mentioned of the Sainik School being constructed at Chhingchhip is meant for an infrastructure to enable entry of more Mizo youths in the Army service. The same is expected to start functioning soon, he added.

Lal Thanhawla advised the recruited Mizo youths to live a disciplined life while in service, saying they are to represent the Mizos before others.

Mizoram Youth Commission Chairman Hmaingdailova Khiangte also exhorted the Mizo youths to have perseverance during the training.

Col.DS Phansalkar, Director, Army Recruiting Office, Aizawl, said Army is a prestigious, and much respected by the society. He also advised them not to confine with their fellow Mizos only but to befriend with others from different communities . He also asked them to learn English and Hindi which will be necessary during their service.

John Rotluangliana, Dy Speaker, Lt Col (Rtd) ZS Zuala, Parliamentary Secretary and K.Lianzuala, Chairman KVI were also present at the flagging-off programme.

Over 200 Mizo youths recruited by Indian Army*|*Mizo News

This is a great news but thousands of youth join the army every year from every state in India and they all are equally important to the country. Why never post or publish news about them? I'm sorry but i don't feel right to not to publish reports from other states. No special status is found in the country's armed forces wrt religion or demography! It just requires love and respect for the motherland.

He also advised them not to confine with their fellow Mizos only but to befriend with others from different communities

this is a major problem. for those who dont know who they are, mizoram is a state from NE india and its people are known as mizos

3500ady.jpg

I think they'll be serve under Assam Regiment or Arunachal scout. Good news anyway.

Good going IA, employment is one of the biggest problems of NE

Because no industry comes here.. because it is not safe.... because the Central government does NOTHING and lets the local CMs rule like it is their kingdom.

Its like a vicious cycle.

This leaves only small time trade and government jobs as the means of employment.

We here in this region speak very good english without accents and since we have an ecological issue with environment, we can take on the service industry which doesn't involve in manufacturing, while you guys of other parts of India can easily take on the heavy manufacturing stuff.

It will be a win-win for the entire country.

But no regime thinks about it like this.

Because no industry comes here.. because it is not safe.... because the Central government does NOTHING and lets the local CMs rule like it is their kingdom.

This leaves only small time trade and government jobs as the means of employment.

We here in this region speak very good english without accents and since we have an ecological issue with environment, we can take on the service industry which doesn't involve in manufacturing, while you guys of other parts of India can easily take on the heavy manufacturing stuff.

Yes Bro I agree 100%, time and again ecological balance and environment are given as excuse for non-development of NE. NE governments should do some marketing, build infrastructure and SEZs, give tax breaks to corporates and we will see India Inc lining up at their doors

Agreed, but it should be safe first.

I cant understand education is good there, there is no religious problems..still its unsafe.

I cant understand education is good there, there is no religious problems..still its unsafe.

You gotto start somewhere, places like Sikkim, Meghalaya, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are totally safe. Start from there, and once people from other states see the development and benefits they would want to change their ways too.

You gotto start somewhere, places like Sikkim, Meghalaya, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are totally safe. Start from there, and once people from other states see the development and benefits they would want to change their ways too.

Then start with tourism, I hardly see anything on that front. Its the hidden treasure. Btw..Sikkim is salfe, but not others, thats the perspective.

Can you please give some hints as to what kind of industry that is possible in those areas? Also take into account that products should be competitive in rates and quality with those from other parts of country. Because it should have good communication, raw material, skilled/semi skilled labour(cheap will be more advantageous) and lastly a good market. I only know about that region as tourist (I have been there 5 times).

Back
Top Bottom