What's new

Nuke scientist AQ Khan slams Pak politicians after India's Mars Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a new one established in 2009 so not sure which IIT he is referring to since there are more than one. However, I don't know much about IIT as living in US I never really hear of it.

1. IIT Kharagpur IITKGP1951
  2. IIT Bombay IITB1958
  3. IIT Kanpur IITK1959
  4. IIT Madras IITM1959
  5. IIT Delhi IITD1963
  6. IIT Guwahati IITG1994
  7. IIT Roorkee IITR2001
  8. IIT Bhubaneswar IITBBS2008
  9. IIT Gandhinagar IITGN2008
  10. IIT Hyderabad IITH2008
  11. IIT Jodhpur IITJ2008
  12. IIT Patna IITP2008
  13. IIT Ropar IITRPR2008
  14. IIT Indore IITI2009
  15. IIT Mandi IIT Mandi2009
  16. IIT (BHU) Varanasi IIT(BHU)2012

Indian Institute of Technology Indore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok I wasn't exactly sure the original date but a new one was established in 2009. Like I said living here no one knows of or cares of IITs of India, so I am unfamiliar with them. But if they are so good can you tell me what they have achieved or developed? Pakistan was ahead in 50's-70's.

What Have IITS Developed ?
Well Thay have Given the TOP Head to Microsoft , HP and InfoSys
They HAve Given Scientists to DRDO and BARC

Guess What ?
They have evolved so much that They can do better than a Whole Nation Combined .. They Can DEVELOP THEIR OWN SATELLITE.
Even SUPARCO CANT DO IT ON ITS OWN !!!!

Btw, Pakistan was Ahead in WHICH TECHNOLOGY. Name me ONE. Just ONE !!

Ok I wasn't exactly sure the original date but a new one was established in 2009. Like I said living here no one knows of or cares of IITs of India, so I am unfamiliar with them.

Well if you are that uninformed, don't you think you shouldn't be making grandiose claims of your country's superiority in the past, and comparing with India? Wouldn't it be a better practice to first learn and then comment, rather than commenting first and then being taught?

Ok I wasn't exactly sure the original date but a new one was established in 2009. Like I said living here no one knows of or cares of IITs of India, so I am unfamiliar with them. But if they are so good can you tell me what they have achieved or developed? Pakistan was ahead in 50's-70's.

I can't help it if you are illiterate and ignorant. IIT's match MIT reputation...EVEN IN THE US. You wanna know what they achieved, check the internet. It's too big to be put in a post.

IIT Alumni
As of 2008, the alumni of IIT number more than 170,000.[69] The IITians are known for their loyalty to their alma mater and many IIT Alumni Associations are active in India and abroad. The IIT alumni either help their alma mater in the form of donations, or by preferential job opportunities extended to students from the IITs. The Vinod Gupta School of Management at IIT Kharagpur and Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management at IIT Bombay are management schools within IITs that have been established largely by alumni donations; these schools were named after their benefactors.[citation needed]

Many IIT's alumni have become entrepreneurs, including

Other alumni have achieved leading positions in corporations, such as:

IIT alumni have also pursued careers in politics; for example:

Many alumni have gained significant recognition:

Many IITians have contributed to innovations in science and technology, such as

• Pulickel Ajayan[72] a pioneering scientist in the field of carbon nanotubes,
  • Dr. V. Sumantran a well known figure in Automotive research and industry.
  • Krishna C. Mukherjee an internationally reputed figure in the field of Information Technology.
  • Dr. K.D.Nayak CCR&D DRDO
  • Dr. P V Subhramanyam Chief General Manager in Semiconductor Technology and Applied research Center Bangalore

Ahead in what? India's first reactor was in 50's. First satellite and launch vehicle in 70s. R&D institutes like BARC and TIFR and so many others existed before independence.

IITs are just a set of good engineering universities (world renowned in fact) several of them established at different times. But you do not even have one engineering university of that level.

Can you yourself list fields related to technology where Pakistan was ahead?

Ahead in what? India's first reactor was in 50's. First satellite and launch vehicle in 70s. R&D institutes like BARC and TIFR and so many others existed before independence.

IITs are just a set of good engineering universities (world renowned in fact) several of them established at different times. But you do not even have one engineering university of that level.

Can you yourself list fields related to technology where Pakistan was ahead?
already answered by janon in previous post

your kidding me the whole budget delhi metro project is some 1.5 Billion $$s

I think you are wrong with numbers, $2.4 billion was spend only in Phase 1 and 2, and for Phase 3, $5.7 billion already sanctioned.

I think you are wrong with numbers, $2.4 billion was spend only in Phase 1 and 2, and for Phase 3, $5.7 billion already sanctioned.
df8a1df5fa2caa9ea248496936922dad.jpg

PINSTECH

Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan is ahead in nuclear technology, aviation technology, and military technology. India imports much of its military hardware from foreign countries. Pakistan is at least domestically producing the JF-17. Not a single successful jet India flies, has it had any part in making, as far as HAL Tejas that has been a failure from what I've read and the analysis many members on the forum have provided. The rest are all made by Russian engineers, in spite of being labelled "joint ventures".

Pakistan is already working on JF-17 II.

Thunder Resonates as Modernization Inches Forward in Pakistan | Defense News | defensenews.com

PINSTECH

Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan is ahead in nuclear technology, aviation technology, and military technology. India imports much of its military hardware from foreign countries. Pakistan is at least domestically producing the JF-17. Not a single successful jet India flies, has it had any part in making, as far as HAL Tejas that has been a failure from what I've read and the analysis many members on the forum have provided. The rest are all made by Russian engineers, in spite of being labelled "joint ventures".

Thunder Resonates as Modernization Inches Forward in Pakistan | Defense News | defensenews.com

You started this discussion with 1950 and 1970.... what was Pakistan ahead in during that time frame.....

Yes we know that you successfully assemble JF17 with help of Kits imported from China... what else.
China to expedite 50 JF-17 kits for Pakistan - 5/23/2011 - Flight Global

and oh by the way India was already making Sukhoi 30 MKI by that time ....Fully made in India from Fabrication to assembly: Press Information Bureau English Releases

Last edited:
What Have IITS Developed ?
Well Thay have Given the TOP Head to Microsoft , HP and InfoSys
They HAve Given Scientists to DRDO and BARC

Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft was from MIT, Manipal. Not IIT.

PINSTECH

HAL made an aircraft in 60s. Made several helis. There are other programs than a fighter. Just a fighter which you were helped heavily by China doesn't says anything. It is a variant, no matter the contribution of Pakistan, of FC-1.

PINSTECH is far behind in research than India. It is neither working on so many different technologies as India, or has as many working models. The time between first Indian reactor and first Pakistani one says it all.

What heavy machinery does Pakistan builds? Compare that to Indian. Semiconductor? Electronics? Space science/launchers/satellites? Automobiles? I can only gather weaponry, that too because you can't afford to import much and Indians have most of the cream on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom