What's new

After Chandrayaan-3, ISRO 🇮🇳 getting ready for Sun mission ADITYA-L1. Key things to know

I don't like human space flight. Too much money, too little science and a great sense of tragedy when one or the other mission fails. With unmanned missions, you collect data, analyze, debug and start the next mission. With humans, there will be huge recriminations, self-doubt, all sorts of dirty linen will be manufactured, and copious amount of bad blood spilled. The Space Shuttle programs pushed back NASA by 50 years. Voyager programs, on the other hand, are still travelling in interstellar space and sending amazing amount of data about interstellar space. NASA/JPL's planetary programs have also produced far more science than the fabled Apollos.
At some point humans have to step on these other planets or cross our solar system no? I feel everything has its own place. I was noticing somewhere (don't remember where), that NASA is studying effects of space on Humans. Such studies will be necessary, if Humans have to go past our solar system some day.

At some point humans have to step on these other planets or cross our solar system no?
A basic back of the envelope calculation proves anything beyond touch and comeback, like Apollo programs, is infeasible. Try to imagine travelling for 4 years to spend 4 days on Mars and come back with zero new science at a cost of $100 billion.

Successful lift off achieved, its still flying and waiting for successful injection into intended orbit.

So far all stages performance is normal

Second stage separated, Third stage ignited and performance is normal

A basic back of the envelope calculation proves anything beyond touch and comeback, like Apollo programs, is infeasible. Try to imagine travelling for 4 years to spend 4 days on Mars and come back with zero new science at a cost of $100 billion.
I feel human travel in space, will not be for science endeavors. It will be more for other activities, like settlement/mining etc.

1693638871394.png

This is humble request to all PDF Indian Forum members,

ISRO is pride of India and they are doing lot of R&D so we will have lot of news & announcements so please merge all ISRO topics to single discussion thread and don't start new thread for every news and announcements 🙏.

This is humble request to all PDF Indian Forum members,

ISRO is pride of India and they are doing lot of R&D so we will have lot of news & announcements so please merge all ISRO topics to single discussion thread and don't start new thread for every news and announcements 🙏.
I agree, maybe mods can make a dedicated thread for ISRO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom