What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

I am not sure.. But I assumed that if Tata Sky can show Nepal1, Pakistani channels would have more demand than that...

TATA sky is a dish based service and im sure you know that.

Nepal 1 is primarily targeted towards homes of the Nepalese community in North Bengal, Sikkim and North Eastern States in India, the whole of Nepal, Myanmar, and Malaysia, right up to Hong Kong.

This explains your remark i guess.

Nepal 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not like that. Believe me, the demand is not there.
Look at IPL, superbly marketed and almost everyone watches it. You need to market your Channels more.

Is it a lack of demand and therefore a lack of advertisement revenue for the cable operators or the lack of permission from the GoI for the cable operators to carry it?

First of all, its amazing to see an very interesting & true thread by an Indian :confused:

Pakistani channels are banned in all over India and, in Pakistan you have lots of Indian channels even via cabal-tv.

Why Pakistani channels are blocked in India? Maybe India one of the largest democracy country in the world, , , :coffee:

Is it a lack of demand and therefore a lack of advertisement revenue for the cable operators or the lack of permission from the GoI for the cable operators to carry it?

for the first time someone is making sense...and not bashing the media...prgrams...or the govt...hmmm go on...tell me more...

To be honest, I need to side with the Pakistani members on this.. I find it really wierd and very Un- India like. Why the hell would India block this...??

There is nothing like Un-India mate.
What is the point of giving access to some media corps of a sworn enemy? increasing their TRP ratings? cmon..... Also you know whom these channels will brain wash with their propaganda.
And you know the exact answer.But I can understand you are shying away from opening it.

There is nothing like Un-India mate.
What is the point of giving access to some media corps of a sworn enemy? increasing their TRP ratings? cmon..... Also you know whom these channels will brain wash with their propaganda.
And you know the exact answer.But I can understand you are shying away from opening it.

To defeat your enemy you must UNDERSTAND him first(If you consider Pak as your enemy it makes even more sense...to watch what they say)....Thats why.

Note: Censorship is China's achilles heel...and will cost them big time at a key geo political moment.mark my words!

The ploy has been deliberate by the successive Indian Governments to keep Pakistan Channels taboo, in fact in IOK, where PTV was very popular, cable operators were given suspension notices unless they stopped beaming Pakistani Channels.

Subhan'Allah

kaise aik dum sab log meray pe charhay shoroh kar di

are you guyz forgetting we have talked about this issue 100 times before??? we start again and again????????? and i have cleared my statement many times before where indian too agreed with me.

I dont mind showing them whatever they wish to but what ae they really showing in dramas? for 5 minutes there will be dialouges, then they will start pooja? then commercials and then 5 minutes drama and then pooja again?

I don't mind if they show it for like once or twice a week but have you really seen any channel in the world who is showing so much of worshipping in these dramas?

People watch dramas as a drama and not religious programs :rofl:

again this is off topic so i am stopping here but all my point is... if they Pakistanis can show these channels in Pakistan regardless of what they are showing in indian channels

then why can't indians show Pakistani channels?

See, serials or dramas or for that matter movie show what people like to see, and what sells. My point is nobody should hurt other’s religious practices.

Regarding Pakistani channels in India, I feel people should be given the option

Appreciate your honesty.

I am willing to bet that 99% of the Indian members here, including me, dont watch those stupid saas-bahu, tear jerker dramas. They are so regressive and dumb that I feel my IQ going down if I watch 'em for more than 5 minutes. But women, especially our moms' generation loves 'em. And that is why there are so many of them.

You are absolutely right.

One fine day, I had to tolerate STARPLUS - type dramas because my bedroom was infested by termites which needed treatment. God! my IQ fell to only 15 by the end of the day. :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Dont really know about this so would not go deep into it but even I feel that they should show Pakistani TV channels in India....BTW earlier in my region they used to show GEO ..which I believe is a Pakistani channel...I dont know wether they show it anymore or not :pop:

Fortunately from Pakistan side, Geo and Ary always give coverage to Indian journalist in their program, invite them in talk shows with all respect and listen their point of view. Media is key source to bring understanding between two countries. (am not talking about some half naked soap o shows). Let Indian people listen what Pakistan is saying and let Pakistani people listen Indian concern, that would resolve the disputes much more quicker then waiting for foreign minister next appointment and set up discussion agenda.

Dont really know about this so would not go deep into it but even I feel that they should show Pakistani TV channels in India....BTW earlier in my region they used to show GEO ..which I believe is a Pakistani channel...I dont know wether they show it anymore or not :pop:

i believe when there was no cable and TV use to be thru antiena...that time punjab etc near border will catch the channels any how..i think those reigons still catch radio...

Why Pakistani channels are blocked in India? Maybe India one of the largest democracy country in the world, , , :coffee:

c'mon man..what is it to do with democracy??....it has banned Pakistani channels not the Muslim channels in India or any other channel on a particular religion.:disagree:

c'mon man..what is it to do with democracy??....it has banned Pakistani channels not the Muslim channels in India or any other channel on a particular religion.:disagree:

Muslim channels?
What do you mean by that?

EDIT: Atleast you realize that Pakistani channels are banned in India.

Back
Top Bottom