What's new

Why Pakistani News Channels become so 'Ghatiya', 'Censored', 'Liar Laffays', 'Morally Corrupt' & 'Haramkhors'

Why Pakistani News Channels become so "Ghatiya", "Censored", "Liars", "Morally Corrupt" & "Haramkhors"

Pakistanis 25 Crore should boycott all News Channels, Anchors, and Journalists and only watch Dramas, Sports, any other TV than News Channels who have crossed all limits of manipulation, and total lie reporting.

News Channels have lost all moral standards of reporting. On twitter, Facebook everywhere these laffas should be exposed.

Look at the journalists and the cockroaches like slave reporters and anchors level nowadays only on Pakistan Media News Channels.

Journalism in News related channels is so pathetic, sellouts and disgusting, put ur discussion points here and expose the news channels of Pakistan inside and overseas where ever they are broadcasting lies after lies.
No honey no journalism

Pakistan media runs on govt hand outs
To be exact the amount runs in billions

Especially Pakistani NEWS Channels journalists, reporters, editors, producers - Something needs to be done to crack down on this industry of thugs and blackmailers. Over the past 15 years, we've seen the news media in Pakistan grow from simply delivering the news to making the news...in what these yobs call "Infotainment", a term first used by that cancer called Geo TV. They started this ridiculous trend of playing music during news stories and having fair skinned women with no journalism experience or education whatsoever scream the news to us all day.

Since Musharraf liberalized the media in the early 2000s, the news industry have evolved into an utter and complete gong show and this trend is only getting worse. I'm going to identity several problems which I've noticed and provide my opinion on how to solve them...your feedback and suggestions are welcomed.

PEMRA's Unprofessional Attitude & Lack of Common Sense| Suppress Freedom of Speech

What does PEMRA even do? The whole idea behind regulating the media is to protect Pakistan's interests. This doesn't mean curbing free speech, but rather making sure each channel does what it says it wants to do and that it doesn't harm national interests or the national media industry. Also, the lack of educational channels is disturbing. Just how many news channels do we actually need?

"Infotainment"

This nonsense should be outright banned. If you're a TV channel that wants to deliver the news, then deliver the news. If you're a TV channel that wants to entertain, then entertain. Don't conflate the two together - this is the responsibility of PEMRA to separate the two so news doesn't become a joke...this means not handing out licenses to every village idiot who walks into your office. They're handing out licenses like candy to every tom, dick and harry, then what does anybody expect? Under what pretext is Gourmet Bakery allowed to start a TV channel, and that too called "GNN"? Where are the regulations? Where is the quality control? It seems like if you write PEMRA a big cheque, you can get away with anything. I should apply for an Islamic **** channel...guaranteed if I write them a nice cheque, it'll be allowed.

Foreign Collaborations/Partnerships

This is a disturbing trend - until now I'm only aware of the Express Tribune openly admitting they are in a partnership with the International Herald Tribune, which is part of the New York Times. Firstly, PEMRA should force any news media publication to publicly state they are in collaboration with foreign media. Dawn News is suspected of being in partnership with the Washington Post - Hameed Haroon should be forced to state this publicly. If it were up to me, any news publication that has any ties with any foreign newspapers (in particular Pentagon funded propaganda machines like the New York Times or Washington Post) should have no right to operate in Pakistan.

Dual Two Faced Nature Pitting Conservatives & Liberals Against One Another

Another disturbing trend I've noticed in how certain media groups have both Urdu and English publications, with the Urdu publications catering to the right wing and the English publications catering to the left wing. Express Group does this beautifully...it's almost ironic how these brain dead Anglo Pakistan gated community living mummy daddy bloggers on the Express Tribune complain about extremism and conservative elements in society, when the newspaper they write for has an Urdu wing that essentially caters to the very people they're against! The irony here is unmistakable - Orya Maqbool Jan wrote for Express Urdu did he not, while I distinctly remember during that same period an Express Tribune Blogger complaining about Orya Maqbool Jan. It seems like they like fanning the flames, so they can profit off it. This should be called out has hypocrisy! At least Dawn is consistent with its so-called "liberal bias", which I call American foreign policy influenced bias.

Lack of Actual Journalists

People in Pakistan have sorely confused a "journalist" with a "newsreader" (also known as newscasters)...these are NOT the same. Journalism is an actual career, with an actual degree. People are taught how to investigate incidents, how to avoid bias, how to be impartial etc. Ask yourselves, how many of these personalities on TV actually have a journalism degree or some experience working in the news industry? Simply screaming over others and playing music in the background while you talk doesn't make you a journalist.

Obsession With Fair Skinned Women News Readers

Just sickens me how every news channel essentially tries to hire the most fairest looking THOT they can find to read the news. Forget the fact if they even have the calibre or voice to be a newscaster, if she looks pale and fair...good enough. Some of these low budget channels end up hiring some really retarded makeup artists, who apply inches of makeup on these women. They look less like newsreaders and more like clowns to be honest.

Screaming Culture

This one if the biggest complaint I have - what is this need to scream the news at us and repeat it several times over and over again within a span of 3 minutes? If you have ever noticed during breaking news events, the newsreaders literally SCREAM while mentioning "sub se pelay hum ne bataya hai". This is so unprofessional and clownish.

Look at how this professional news channel speaks calmly and clearly and then compare to to garbage like GEO and ARY and Samaa. There is no panic in the voices nor are they interested in rushing to say things first. I get a headache each time I watch these news channels in Pakistan. So jahil and unprofessional.

Breaking News Culture

This concept has lost all meaning in Pakistani news media.

Geo Breaking News: It's raining in Lahore
Geo Breaking News: The sun has come out in Lahore

Enough said.

Illiterate In Urdu

If you're an Urdu news channel, you should be hiring people who are fluent in Urdu...it shocks me how many of these pseudojournalist morons sitting at these channels feel the need to throw English into the mix.

Not "Nashnaal Assamblee" but Quami Assembly
Not "Soopreem Kart" but Adalat-e-Uzma
Not " Elekshuun" but intekhaabat

And that's just scratching the surface.

intekhaab

This is the actual state of Pakistani News media! Devoid of facts, stories, presenting intellectual thoughts.

Especially Pakistani NEWS Channels journalists, reporters, editors, producers - Something needs to be done to crack down on this industry of thugs and blackmailers. Over the past 15 years, we've seen the news media in Pakistan grow from simply delivering the news to making the news...in what these yobs call "Infotainment", a term first used by that cancer called Geo TV. They started this ridiculous trend of playing music during news stories and having fair skinned women with no journalism experience or education whatsoever scream the news to us all day.

Since Musharraf liberalized the media in the early 2000s, the news industry have evolved into an utter and complete gong show and this trend is only getting worse. I'm going to identity several problems which I've noticed and provide my opinion on how to solve them...your feedback and suggestions are welcomed.

PEMRA's Unprofessional Attitude & Lack of Common Sense| Suppress Freedom of Speech

What does PEMRA even do? The whole idea behind regulating the media is to protect Pakistan's interests. This doesn't mean curbing free speech, but rather making sure each channel does what it says it wants to do and that it doesn't harm national interests or the national media industry. Also, the lack of educational channels is disturbing. Just how many news channels do we actually need?

"Infotainment"

This nonsense should be outright banned. If you're a TV channel that wants to deliver the news, then deliver the news. If you're a TV channel that wants to entertain, then entertain. Don't conflate the two together - this is the responsibility of PEMRA to separate the two so news doesn't become a joke...this means not handing out licenses to every village idiot who walks into your office. They're handing out licenses like candy to every tom, dick and harry, then what does anybody expect? Under what pretext is Gourmet Bakery allowed to start a TV channel, and that too called "GNN"? Where are the regulations? Where is the quality control? It seems like if you write PEMRA a big cheque, you can get away with anything. I should apply for an Islamic **** channel...guaranteed if I write them a nice cheque, it'll be allowed.

This is a disturbing trend - until now I'm only aware of the Express Tribune openly admitting they are in a partnership with the International Herald Tribune, which is part of the New York Times. Firstly, PEMRA should force any news media publication to publicly state they are in collaboration with foreign media. Dawn News is suspected of being in partnership with the Washington Post - Hameed Haroon should be forced to state this publicly. If it were up to me, any news publication that has any ties with any foreign newspapers (in particular Pentagon funded propaganda machines like the New York Times or Washington Post) should have no right to operate in Pakistan.

Another disturbing trend I've noticed in how certain media groups have both Urdu and English publications, with the Urdu publications catering to the right wing and the English publications catering to the left wing. Express Group does this beautifully...it's almost ironic how these brain dead Anglo Pakistan gated community living mummy daddy bloggers on the Express Tribune complain about extremism and conservative elements in society, when the newspaper they write for has an Urdu wing that essentially caters to the very people they're against! The irony here is unmistakable - Orya Maqbool Jan wrote for Express Urdu did he not, while I distinctly remember during that same period an Express Tribune Blogger complaining about Orya Maqbool Jan. It seems like they like fanning the flames, so they can profit off it. This should be called out has hypocrisy! At least Dawn is consistent with its so-called "liberal bias", which I call American foreign policy influenced bias.

People in Pakistan have sorely confused a "journalist" with a "newsreader" (also known as newscasters)...these are NOT the same. Journalism is an actual career, with an actual degree. People are taught how to investigate incidents, how to avoid bias, how to be impartial etc. Ask yourselves, how many of these personalities on TV actually have a journalism degree or some experience working in the news industry? Simply screaming over others and playing music in the background while you talk doesn't make you a journalist.

Just sickens me how every news channel essentially tries to hire the most fairest looking THOT they can find to read the news. Forget the fact if they even have the calibre or voice to be a newscaster, if she looks pale and fair...good enough. Some of these low budget channels end up hiring some really retarded makeup artists, who apply inches of makeup on these women. They look less like newsreaders and more like clowns to be honest.

Screaming Culture

This one if the biggest complaint I have - what is this need to scream the news at us and repeat it several times over and over again within a span of 3 minutes? If you have ever noticed during breaking news events, the newsreaders literally SCREAM while mentioning "sub se pelay hum ne bataya hai". This is so unprofessional and clownish.

Look at how this professional news channel speaks calmly and clearly and then compare to to garbage like GEO and ARY and Samaa. There is no panic in the voices nor are they interested in rushing to say things first. I get a headache each time I watch these news channels in Pakistan. So jahil and unprofessional.

Breaking News Culture

Enough said.

Illiterate In Urdu

If you're an Urdu news channel, you should be hiring people who are fluent in Urdu...it shocks me how many of these pseudojournalist morons sitting at these channels feel the need to throw English into the mix.

intekhaab

This is the actual state of Pakistani News media! Devoid of facts, stories, presenting intellectual thoughts.
What was the nation motto?

Khata hey tu lagata be hey

Now when the patient is dead they are saying Bhai khazab hu gaya hey

Patient was put in ICU numerous times by PMLN & people with Nara "khata hey yu lagata be hey"

The patient is dead now..

What pakistan needs is to to go in bankruptcy and restructuring of debt and for the people to pay the consequences

Don't tell me people didn't know this...the motto itself is self explanatory

Pointless Journalism?​

Tahira Khan

In Pakistan, countless social, political, and economic issues require immediate attention. But, social media platforms are either not equipped to deal with the gravity of the situation or not taking the situation seriously. On the other hand, there is an accumulation of unnecessary information in form of news articles, TV shows, or blog posts which deal with the situation but doesn’t understand why the crisis or problem emerged in the first place. In addition to that, it doesn’t provide a solution and focuses on who is the victim and who isn’t.​

Earlier, people used to wait for the newspaper to get news around the globe. They were habitual to discuss issues with their fellows. But, time is changed now. Digital media has occupied the space which delivers the news within a minute. At the same time, people think they are provided with information that is useful but it turns out to be worthless many times. Every day, people may read many national and international newspapers and call it a routine. They may also feel it is their duty to be informed and this has made them curious as well. However, all this information, duty, and work don’t deal with what is happening in Balochistan. This also doesn’t define what are the issues of Kpk and Sindh. Similarly, when it comes to economic issues, there is a dearth of financial literacy. Thereupon, the news outlets even define the economic crisis with some pointless positive future trajectories or religious jargon/ interpretations.​

Consequently, the need to have speedy delivery of news has impacted its quality as well. For example, an incident such as a bomb blast occurs in any province and some proscribed group claims responsibility for it. Within a few minutes, the digital media platform starts publishing blog posts or feature articles regarding the incident. No human can write something thoughtful about such incidents within a few minutes. As a result, it has reduced the worth of digital platforms to mere surface opinions and some isolated topics. The same is the case with Balochistan. More recently, two bomb blasts occurred which took the lives of innocent citizens and police officers. Within a due course of time, countless posts and articles start surfaced on digital mediums regarding what is BLA and how these attacks are linked with CPEC. In the context of terrorist attacks, for which BLA claims responsibility, a similar version with added emotional context surfaces on the internet and condemns the attack. Likewise, China and CPEC are both viewed through a view of hypernationalism context where logic and rationality are mostly ignored.​

Consequently, what people read and observe is not routine or work but a useless activity that has hijacked our lives. The material is almost pointless and insignificant for the decision-making process as well. Moreover, it is neither helpful to make sense of the actual gravity of the situation nor meaningful to connect with the people. What it does is make superficial observations that further worsen the already beleaguered situation. It is due to the same pointless coverage of blasphemy cases which makes the response of the public more emotional and less reasoned.​

Nicolas Carr, an acclaimed writer who works on different topics including culture, commerce, and information technology, once said;​

“We are surrounded by so much information that is of immediate interest to us that we feel overwhelmed by the never-ending pressure of trying to keep up with it all.”

The writer holds an M.Phil Degree in South Asian Studies from the University of Punjab. She can be reached on Twitter @TahiraGhilzai.

Click here to read previous articles of the writer.

1693786465569.png

1693789050222.png

Last edited:

"Infotainment"

Screaming Culture

Breaking News Culture

Enough said.

Illiterate In Urdu

intekhaab

beautifully...it's almost ironic how these brain dead Anglo Pakistan gated community living mummy daddy bloggers on the Express Tribune complain about extremism and conservative elements in society, when the newspaper they write for has an Urdu wing that essentially caters to the very people they're against!

It's almost ironic how these brain dead right wing TLP lovers complain about liberalism when they newspaper they write for has an English wing that especially caters to the people they're writing against!

Last I checked its not the Mummy Daddy ideology which killed a 100,000 people in suicide attacks.

Moron

It's almost ironic how these brain dead right wing TLP lovers complain about liberalism when they newspaper they write for has an English wing that especially caters to the people they're writing against!

Last I checked its not the Mummy Daddy ideology which killed a 100,000 people in suicide attacks.

Moron
Mummy Daddy ideology was instrumental in the ill-conceived decision to sign up for the that illegal war of terror on Pakistanis...

Ignore the action and just conveniently condemn the reaction...just like Israelis and Pajeets...

Opinion: Propaganda & Politics in Pakistan | All the time Politics has destroyed Pakistan Economy​

The advent of mass media gave rise to the proliferation of information within and between states.

It turned the world into a global village where events and policies of one state would influence the happenings in other.

Not only for information purposes, but states also employed media as a propaganda tool for political and military purposes.

The decades of 1980s and 1990s, for instance, witnessed the exploitation of media by US government to achieve politico-military ends. The protrusion of Soviet Union as an ‘Evil Empire’, the sudden depiction of once a ‘Freedom Fighter Osama Bin Laden as Terrorist’ and the saga of ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ in Iraq are few examples.

The change of the decade saw the role of media changing from an observer to an active player in political decision making.

The advent of private media resulted in State losing its control over media houses gradually, since they were controlled and managed by financiers, private owners and anchor persons. It is the complete discretion of these stakeholders to make heroes and villains, leaders and terrorists in today’s world.

With numerous TV channels and mass information flow, it becomes difficult for the viewers to separate truth from propaganda or to distinguish between news and story. Like other countries, Pakistan’s population is facing the same dilemma.

Although the media in Pakistan is subjected to the freedom of expression and speech enshrined in the Article 19 of the Constitution of Pakistan, which states that ‘every citizen shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression, and there shall be freedom of press, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by the law in the interest of the glory of Islam or the integrity, security or defense of Pakistan or any part thereof, friendly relations with foreign states, public order, decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court, commission of or incitement to an offence.’ Hence, freedom of speech and expression is the very basis and spirit of the legal foundations of the country.

This freedom applies not only to electronic and print media but also to the web and social media channels. There are numerous independent web channels operating in Pakistan, which have millions of viewers.

However, it is hard to assess their credibility and impartiality. But they are widely viewed and shared on social media, setting the narrative that may not be always true. In fact, these narratives may be in contradiction with national interest of the state. The reason is their owners, who are serving hidden interests of foreign powers in the garb of democracy, transparency and human rights.

A journalist living in USA runs a media website about Pakistan’s internal affairs and how it should be governed. The fake propaganda and rumors spread by such media houses during ex-Prime Minister Imran Khan’s tenure left many in awe.

It led to the investigation of the sources of news coming from the channel as well as its funding by sane Pakistani nationals.

To the surprise of many, not only the sources of news were vague but there was no trail of money being used to run this channel. It appears that the whole lifestyle of Rumi is sponsored by US government with the only purpose of creating chaos in Pakistan in the name of Constitutional rights.

Even some anchorpersons are supporters of certain corrupt political parties of Pakistan predominantly. How is it possible that all the challenging issues in PTI’s government suddenly disappear as soon as the new PDM coalition government took over?

A number of magazines and websites also publish pro-Indian views and tend to serve the goals of enemies of Pakistan by creating confusion among young generation through misleading and biased analysis.

The anti-state narrative built by such media houses under the guise of liberal values is devastating for our society. Regardless of the cultural and religious patterns of Pakistan, it advances values which are against the wishes of majority of masses.

It also promotes bilateral ties with all those foreign powers who want to influence the internal matters of Pakistan via several ways. And they certainly got influence through these agents and their puppet masters, who made imported government recently. The result is never-ending series of IMF loans and slavery of Pakistani nation.

But the unfortunate side of the story is that these media have support from certain powerful sectors.

It is, nevertheless, imperative that an unbiased and objective media be established in Pakistan.

This will help in making the national narrative based on true facts. And only a well-informed public can harness the fruits of democracy by separating truth from propaganda, thereby disallowing the foreign agents, traitors and corrupt politicians from coming into power.

If we want an independent country, we must assure that our media is not subjected to external interference because a neutral media is the basis of transparency and accountability.

Harkat kia thi aur kis nay ki?

Zaka Ashraf PCB Chairman, ARY Anchor Shoaib Jatt, and Wasim Badami leaked whatsapp message of Pakistani captain and Senior PCB to defame and blame the captain Babar Azam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom