What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah lets select a career officer with no first hand experience of battlefield- your opinions are flawed. current COAS was promoted by Mushraf, and he worked under him,and look what he is doing today..... he was dg isi prior to this so yor opinion about harron aslam and zaheer ul islam is wrong

The worst thing which can happen in Pakistan is martial law. We have all seen the grand strategic insight in shape of TTP and the operational efficiency of Pakistan Army by the number of TTP attacks DAILY. Not to mention the great history of 4 martial laws which cover some 50% of Pakistan's existence, losing half of Pakistan in '71, allowing USA to conduct drone attacks while knowing fully well the scale of collateral damage (last year 1500 civilians died for the grand score of 38 terrorists) AND lying to Pakistani public about allowing the drone strikes for 10 years. Though to his credit Ex SSG Commando did agree to the agreement on a CNN interview (even in his fall from grace, he didn't allow a brown bloody Pakistani civilian to break the news).

With this track record, it would be more then suffice to find a non-martial law type officer. As for winning any war we don't expect a miracle like that anymore :coffee:

yeah lets select a career officer with no first hand experience of battlefield- your opinions are flawed. current COAS was promoted by Mushraf, and he worked under him,and look what he is doing today..... he was dg isi prior to this so yor opinion about harron aslam and zaheer ul islam is wrong

Are u praising Gen Kiyani or saying the opposite? Sorry couldnt understand you completely here

The worst thing which can happen in Pakistan is martial law. We have all seen the grand strategic insight in shape of TTP and the operational efficiency of Pakistan Army by the number of TTP attacks DAILY. Not to mention the great history of 4 martial laws which cover some 50% of Pakistan's existence, losing half of Pakistan in '71, allowing USA to conduct drone attacks while knowing fully well the scale of collateral damage (last year 1500 civilians died for the grand score of 38 terrorists) AND lying to Pakistani public about allowing the drone strikes for 10 years. Though to his credit Ex SSG Commando did agree to the agreement on a CNN interview (even in his fall from grace, he didn't allow a brown bloody Pakistani civilian to break the news).

With this track record, it would be more then suffice to find a non-martial law type officer. As for winning any war we don't expect a miracle like that anymore :coffee:
i can answer to each and every question of yours but we will end up derailing the thread....but i will say this again your views are flawed....you learn from past and not repeat mistakes. but that does not mean you overlook one's ability to lead and charge from front......it depend on your leader / ns how he is going to handle things

Are u praising Gen Kiyani or saying the opposite? Sorry couldnt understand you completely here

praising.....supporting democratic process. keeping every institution in its place. that was the need of the hour and that is what our dear fellow sedqal wanted to hear.
though COAS has his on share of criticism but that is related to his policy making and decisions as an Army Chief

praising.....supporting democratic process. keeping every institution in its place. that was the need of the hour and that is what our dear fellow sedqal wanted to hear.
though COAS has his on share of criticism but that is related to his policy making and decisions as an Army Chief

But wasnt this...his main job? Wht good is his support for democracy if his policy making and decisions as an army chief are flawed?

But wasnt this...his main job? Wht good is his support for democracy if his policy making and decisions as an army chief are flawed?

Well policy making and decision making in PA has always been flawed. At-least country is saved more misery in shape of a Martial Law.

well in Pakistan we consider it more important than actually being a Leader for the Military, one example is you can see the pov of our fellow member sedqal. who is suggesting to promote a career officer just to supprt the cause for democracy, and it does not matter if the person has leadership ability or not, the willingness to make decisions.

I am not diminishing COAS here, he did a good job and we saq some changes during his tenture in the army, it is just that he failed to tackle few key issues like Terrorism, Balochistan unrest, drones, 2nd may raid etc.

In anyway my personal opinion:

1- Haroon Aslam: Musharraf was from SSG and his actions speaks volumes about the lack of discipline which is likely to exist there. He was also promoted by Musharraf which is another drawback. He is also about to retire, if selected an extension is likely. -3

2 - Rashid Mehmood: Has good links with Shariffs (most likely to declare another Martial Law), soon to retire if selected extension is very likely, promoted by Musharraf -3

3 - Raheel Sharif: Brother of Shabbir Sharif (won't likely spoil his name by declaring a martial law), Career Officer +2 (I would recommend him)

4 - Tariq Khan: Likely to follow his own design in fighting Taliban, a likely case of becoming next slef-declared Messiah/ Mehdi. -1

5 - Zaheer-ul-Islam: Well established Janjua clan (freak is paying for this news or what), extensions if selected, ISI has failed miserably in recent years to protect Pakistan's interest and the demon of strategic depth is still going strong. -3

Its between Raheel Sharif and Tariq Khan.

You want to get a IGT&E into the top spot? Are you okay right now?

It's a three horse race IMO, CLS, CGS and Corp Commander I Corps. Although a CLS position is one which doesn't have high chances of being promoted to 4 star, this was discussed sometime back when Lt Gen Haroon Aslam was made CLS. But on seniority and battle experience, he gets the advantage along with Tariq Khan.

I stand by what I said 4 months ago, Lt Gen Rashid Mehmood will be the next COAS. Let's see

it is going around that kiyani is bucking for the post of CJSC....!

it is going around that kiyani is bucking for the post of CJSC....!

but wasn't it the turn for AF to have their guy in spot?

You want to get a IGT&E into the top spot? Are you okay right now?
sir g he is just an amatuer kid who listens to the likes of Hamid Mir and co, no point talking to him

I stand by what I said 4 months ago, Lt Gen Rashid Mehmood will be the next COAS. Let's see
looking at his profile he seems like a Professional guy, but he might ruin his image outside and WITHIN the army, as most will think of him as a political appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom