What's new

Nanjing 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games

Triathlete DUTTON (AUS) wins first gold medal at Nanjing Youth Olympic Games
Australia's Brittany DUTTON crosses the finishing line. Photo by Ding Xu

NANJING, 17 Aug - Australia's Brittany DUTTON has claimed the first gold medal of the 2nd Youth Olympic Games, Nanjing, winning the women's triathlon at the Xuanwu Lake Triathlon Venue in 59 minutes 56 seconds.

Stephanie JENKS (USA) took silver, just 37 seconds behind, and Emilie MORIER (FRA) the bronze.

NYOGOC News npb
0.jpg

it's just a show using chinese money. pay it for education, healthcare, maybe it's better
This money to individuals, the people can directly benefit, is not it? ?
Each thing have their own benefits!
Some are long-term, some are immediate!
Please do not be so short-sighted!

If you think it should not be held, You can block any international conference held in Thailand, any international competition, I have no comment.

If you think it should not be held, You can block any international conference held in Thailand, any international competition, I have no comment.
does it make money?

It's my view that it's not worth the money. The money is better spent on social programs.

It's my view that it's not worth the money. The money is better spent on social programs.

This money to individuals, the people can directly benefit,Donated to people who need help, the better. isn‘t it?

This money to individuals, the people can directly benefit,Donated to people who need help, the better. isn‘t it?
i'm not understanding your post, but using this money for helping the poor in China is better than spending on some useless event.

i'm not understanding your post, but using this money for helping the poor in China is better than spending on some useless event.

The event increases China's influence in the world. It also helps build respect for China's potential.

Is that not worthy of being considered a "good" ?

The event increases China's influence in the world. It also helps build respect for China's potential.

Is that not worthy of being considered a "good" ?
this is not official olympic like 2008 so it doesnt have the same prestige.

I'm not disputing if it is at par with adult olympics, however, it does bring prestige to China, nevertheless.

Are you against China becoming prestigious? Where is your national pride ?

u should know the cost very little, less than in 2008 Olympic Games costs 1/10
Only eat rice, why eat beef and egg fruit?Football is a sport, why need swim
Why only the medical &education is value to the people? Hold an international activities, the city benefits are long-term, enhance the visibility of the city, showing the city to the world, maybe will lead more business activities, foreign travel, speed up the construction of urban development.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom