What's new

Nanjing 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games

yusheng

Reaction score
After years of preparation, the capital of Jiangsu is hosting the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympics. The gala, getting underway less than an hour ago -- and incorporating several elements of Chinese culture, as we await the lighting of the cauldron, to officially open the Games.

Chinese President Xi Jinping and IOC President Thomas Bach were on hand during the ceremony. The theme of the event is "Light up the future". The night began with the raising of the Chinese flag, which was then followed by the athletes' entrance.

About 3700 competitors from around the world will participate in 28 events over the next 12-days in Nanjing. Once all the athletes have come into the stadium, another performance will be held, that will incorporate numerous traditional Chinese cultural symbols, including jasmine flowers, blue and white porcelain, and images of the Silk Road. The actually lighting of the cauldron will take place later tonight.

Nanjing 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games_CCTV.com English

66.jpg
77.jpg
88.jpg
10.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg

Update us on the results , too !

@yusheng ,

Its impressive how the City of Nanjing has truly improved over the years. I've been to that City many years ago. Looks nice now.

Update us on the results , too !

@yusheng ,

Its impressive how the City of Nanjing has truly improved over the years. I've been to that City many years ago. Looks nice now.

Watching a bunch of folks who have far better body than you can have,what's special about this :(

You can never improve with a mentality like that.

I am real good in Health Dept,but when you see these chaps.they are like a whole new level of Fitness,i think the reason they are so good in Physique is that it is their job to be that good

I am real good in Health Dept,but when you see these chaps.they are like a whole new level of Fitness,i think the reason they are so good in Physique is that it is their job to be that good
That might be be partly true, but the purpose for their job and all the tournaments should be to prove human capabilities and act as inspiration, admire them, try best to catch up to them and give directions to our childrens, the last thing anyone should do is to indulge in selfdoubt after seeing them.

That might be be partly true, but the purpose for their job and all the tournaments should be to prove human capabilities and act as inspiration, admire them, try best to catch up to them and give directions to our childrens, the last thing anyone should do is to indulge in selfdoubt after seeing them.

I guess you are right after all,i should be satisfied with what i have got & that is not bad.How are you doing on Health & Fitness front

I guess you are right after all,i should be satisfied with what i have got & that is not bad.How are you doing on Health & Fitness front
Well I guess I am also not doing as much as I should be, and to be honest I am not that satisfied yet. I always try to keep things simple and safe (and cheep); in Europe I mostly do mountain climbing (or better called walking up) and some skiing. but now I am spending a few weeks in China as vacation and I am trying to limit my outdoor activities ironically.

Well I guess I am also not doing as much as I should be, and to be honest I am not that satisfied yet. I always try to keep things simple and safe (and cheep); in Europe I mostly do mountain climbing (or better called walking up) and some skiing. but now I am spending a few weeks in China as vacation and I am trying to limit my outdoor activities ironically.

you are chinese why don't you take up Kung fu or something like that,great yaw to stay in shape.

Maybe some Taichi, as I am an emotional yet peaceful person.

Peace is well maintained when a nations armies are strong,to translate it into individual level what a stranger might not try to steal your girl away if he thinks you know how to beat the shite out of him

Back
Top Bottom