What's new

My name is Pakistan and I’m not an Arab

Nadeem fukin paracha... just as i read the topic... i understood who wrote this shyt!

No punjabi or sindhi "wants" to be arab... go to punjab n sindh... you will see kalhorus,rajputs,awans,gujjars,ariens,wassans,gabols,kalmatis,hurs etc etc... and yes there are people of arab,persian n turk ancestors... like syeds,arians,qazalbash,ghilzais etc etc...

P.S=The author is a damn junkie... among many other retarded things.... and not meant to be taken seriously.

P.S=The author is a damn junkie... among many other retarded things.... and not meant to be taken seriously.

He is certainly a one-track pony and an intellectually bankrupt one at that.

In the same article where he exhorts accepting all our cultural heritages, he singles out Arabic culture as unacceptable, while writing in English (British culture) to make his point.

well, @Armstrong said they dont wear it in pakistan hence I was wondering how such transformation and why only young people. No they wear everyday not friday prayer only.
I was wearing pants and shirt already in India like you said, hence no change happened.

Remember I did not talk about hijab as I know its alredy in use in pakistan.

Well i have seen few wearing such dress only when they were going to attend Friday or eid prayers but still majority pakistani men/women wear salwar kameez and you will hardly see them talking to each others in arabic..again i dont see anything wrong even if they young or old wear Arabic or African dress as long as they are happy with it. This all confusion and identity crisis is in mind of people

Last edited by a moderator:
does lol change anything ? We all pakistanis know that we are living on KSA or US aid.. Is there something to lol about ? I am talking about abt Pak not about you or me..

Then your government take aid from US/china as well then will it make Pakistan slave of all those nations who give us aid ?

He is certainly a one-track pony and an intellectually bankrupt one at that.

In the same article where he exhorts accepting all our cultural heritages, he singles out Arabic culture as unacceptable, while writing in English (British culture) to make his point.

That is the paranoia imbalance. Essentially Arabic is part of our religion which is part of our identity. However to make the distinction between religious identity and cultural invasion is important but not obsessive. We already have certain individuals on the forum who proscribe to Arabophobia without making any distinction between political Arabism and the Arabic context of our religion. Some go as far as to shun Arabic entirely from our religion to somehow come up with a detached version of something they refer to as Islam which is essentially devoid of anything that resembles the common religion. In essence they mirror extremists in their interpretations which are also based more on bias and emotion rather than scholarly reference and logic.

All the while wearing levis and twisting their tongues to pronounce Urdu words which somehow through the lens of such writers is not a cultural invasion or otherwise and is globalization. Perhaps the Swat Taliban took a cue from these types in that everything could be carried out in the name of Quran and Sunnah as long as people felt afraid to question it out of the lack of knowledge in subject matter; just as these members may post a long diatribe about Arabism but avoid the argument on the western influence under globalization.

The article itself isnt essentially incorrect but it fails to acknowledge that even the Sufi who converted many of today's subcontinent Muslims were descended or migrants from Arabia and at no point did they stop preaching the Quran in Arabic or shun the language altogether. Because they kept the distinction between religion and culture separate and made the distinction on what is required by religion and what is allowed and not clear. Around that framework developed the Hindu-Muslim culture across the many races of India and survives today. There is more common between a Tamil Muslim and Tamil Jain but at the same time there are certain practices and barriers that set them apart in who they are. Islam belongs to no one, not the Arabs. But the Quran is in that language because it was revealed so and will be kept so. The practices by the Prophet are also there as an example. If there is Arabic taught it has little to do with love for the Arabs but to do with its relation to the word of god. To constantly beat around the bush that the Arabization of Pakistan(which is infact a reality but for very different reasons) has to do with Islamic teachings in Arabic is simply creating dischord for the sake of dischord. Because if these individuals TRULY believed in the tainting of culture they would abandon all western culture and clothing, stop wearing jeans and all those items and forever abstain from the usage of english.. In this forum as well.

Its only bias and tilt that influences many such views and have little to do with balance.

ghairatmand ? look twat i am talking about country...go through it again..living on their **** and telling me we are rich enough..world knows we are living into their pieces..go and give your lecture where the sun does not shine..

I know that there are many beggars............. But no need to drag everyone in it...
I am not supporter of ruling party:cheers:

I'm without a doubt pisssed at the increasing Arab (& Iranian) influence in Pakistan that started in the '80s but for the love of god I still can't see half as much as some Pakistanis & many non-Pakistanis get to see !

What Arab Culture ? How many of us are wearing Keffiyehs or those flowing Arab Robes ? The last time I heard someone say 'Ahlan Wasahlan' was from an ex-pat from Dubai cracking a joke !

And for all the Pakistanis of Arab Descent....which foOking rock are they hiding under that I can't find them in Lahore !

Now what u have to say abt indian cultural influence?

@Topic

we only complain that our ancestors count make a Quomi Soach in our society.

The example is pretty individual and i question that how personal experiences of somebody's grandparents did thee indians came to know about?

Certainly either it is their own self created story or if its not but the people involved in it didnt took it in such manner in which these indians r twisting it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Majority of Pakistanis have Iranian grandparents or ancestors.

Notable Pakistani people of Iranian descent include:

Ardeshir Cowasjee
Aga Khan III
Nusrat Bhutto
Lady Abdullah Haroon
Hussain Haroon
Hameed Haroon
Zeba Bakhtiar
Muhammad Ali Shahki
Nahid Mirza - wife of Iskander Mirza

Back
Top Bottom