What's new

My First Impressions of Pakistan (Jason Billham)

Kambojaric

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I like this youtuber. He has a large following and has been to many countries globally and in the region and now he's in Pakistan. Some Indian nationalists tried to derail the comments section of his video initially but their efforts seem to have gone to waste as other nationalities started pouring in.

Man thats just 2 streets from me. Could ve invited him for food, maybe still can

what he said

its take long time to get my visa . stupid pakistani visa sections all over world . make it damn online quick

We cant underestimate the amount of soft power these kind of videos generate. I agree the visa process needs to be made much faster. Thats how people will be able to see the Pakistan which does not match with all the nonsense they have been fed by the media.

Our tourism potential is huge. These vloggers should be actively faciliated. So far all of them have visited cities and mountains, but they've not seen ancient culture.

They need showing the darbars, the buddhist sites of Taxila, Mohajendaro, places like Uch Sharif and other UNESCO heritage sites. These sites need to have good roads, plenty of multi lingual signs, hotels and resturants near them, police presence, english language trained people around them so that tourists can easily come and go to these places.

Nobody wants to come to see our malls and new masjids.

I was recently in Morocco and the ancient city of Fez was amazing, as were the old parts of Marrakech and Casablanca. The best bit was how they had put in so much effort to make them tourism friendly. Even then it was nothing in comparison to the effort and services available in Istanbul.

They need showing the darbars, the buddhist sites of Taxila, Mohajendaro, places like Uch Sharif and other UNESCO heritage sites. These sites need to have good roads, plenty of multi lingual signs, hotels and resturants near them, police presence, english language trained people around them so that tourists can easily come and go to these places.
All this is lacking.
First we need to dispel the wrong perceptions, and to that extent GoP needs to step up it game by mass advertisements in foreign countries, and start building a different image through media. A part of this happening through Emerging Pakistan. GoP should support such ventures.
Nobody wants to come to see our malls and new masjids.

brother how should i contact him?
What can i say man, if you know the area and live just across the street may be you can look around. But honestly, i will suggest you dont. You have dropped a message and that is it. If interested he will contact (unlikely), lets not stalk him :)

So he visited some Katchi Abadis(slums), some fruit and sabzi vendors and come up with his first impression of Pakistan...they do it deliberately to give a fake impression of Pakistan and other countries...

Back
Top Bottom