What's new

[Must read] “Pakistan believes I am pro-India. Yes, I am" Abdullah Abdullah

That's the reason the Afghan population will accept to be pro-anything but not Pakistan.

I am also pro-India, but that doesn't mean I am against Pakistan. It's like having 2 neighbors, one friendly and other pain in the a**.

Where was Afghan population when NDS was providing materialistic support to Baloch and TTP elements to Kill pakistanis? I dont see their condemnation of such acts ? But when Pakistan retaliates in the same coin, Afghanis and likes of you start crying. Hence they say, dont throw stones at others house when your own madeup of glass.

We made some stupid mistakes in the 90's. As well as the disastrous 80's. Mistakes of the former cost us relations with the modern day Afghan government, and the latter cost us out own internal problems.

But, on both counts, the accusations of the Afghans and their constant whining is wrong, and serves literally no purpose to anyone.

If you consider 80's strategy a disaster, what do you suggers Pakistan should have done to mitigate Soviet presence in afghanistan. The same soviets who helped india in breaking Pakistan into two in 71 and once again was supporting Baloch and pashtun communist elements. Remember the Pashtunistan movement of late 70's'? and the Baloch rebellion ?

If you consider 80's strategy a disaster, what do you suggers Pakistan should have done to mitigate Soviet presence in afghanistan. The same soviets who helped india in breaking Pakistan into two in 71 and once again was supporting Baloch and pashtun communist elements. Remember the Pashtunistan movement of late 70's'? and the Baloch rebellion ?

The disaster lay in the fact we were arming men like Hekmatyar who were more interested in dividing and fighting the Mujahideen than defeating the Soviets.

That's the reason the Afghan population will accept to be pro-anything but not Pakistan.

I am also pro-India, but that doesn't mean I am against Pakistan. It's like having 2 neighbors, one friendly and other pain in the a**.

You're right. Afghans have always had a problem with Pakistan since its creation. And they are far too foolish to see what's good for them. Take Pakistan away, take away NATO, and India... all that will happen is, you Afghans will end up throttling each other, too much internal bickering and too many cowboys turned leaders/politicians.

You were the one of the only countries to vote against our admission into the UN in 1947. Never recognized the international boundary. Have been playing games to destabilize Pakistan for well before this era of hostilities.

If you do so hate us, I consider it may be a blessing, please build a moat about the durand line, most Pakistanis will find that very agreeable.

I still have fool's hope that relations might become good one day. I don't see it happening yet though.

We stuck our necks out a bit too far, let some of our efforts and external war efforts go unchecked. Our intervention was entirely justified, and we did the right thing in intervening. I am certain of this fact, however, taking in millions of refugees, unchecked, importing all sorts of cultures and using them for war efforts, radicalising sections of our society for war efforts, this is something that we can now look back and see a strong case for it having gone wrong. We also went about some aspects of our intervention wrong, we backed certain factions over others and caused hatred on to ourselves where they could and should rightly hve been gracious for our involvement.

However, without hind sight, it would be hard to have seen it coming, had we have had to do it all over again, I don't see how it could've gone any differently.

@pakistani342 a developing news:

Kabul Recognizes Change In Pakistan Policies: Abdullah

"We're ready to take risks but then we also expect Pakistan to stand by us for the sake of the greater good," he said. "[Outlawed] Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan's chief Mullah Fazlullah has survived several operations by Afghan security forces in recent months - but I'm sure he will not evade us forever."

"We're ready to take risks but then we also expect Pakistan to stand by us for the sake of the greater good," he said. "[Outlawed] Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan's chief Mullah Fazlullah has survived several operations by Afghan security forces in recent months - but I'm sure he will not evade us forever."

I regret to say this @Sher Malang sab by janab-e Doktor Abdullah prefers style over substance -- as are testament his famous Louis Vuitton slippers and French tailored suites [the Pakistani elites are not much better]: or as he likes to call it "dignified". [Lalu Parsad turned around Indian Ralways without ever combing his hair -- see substance over style]

I know the Afghan commandos look good, or as I'm sure young Afghans like to call it: "bad-***", in Western supplied uniforms and night vision goggles and m4 (or is it m6 or m9 I don't know) carbines but that is just as Doctor sab confuses style for substance -- the Afghan Commandos cannot secure territory from village mullahs who lack an Air Force, an Armoured Corps, Medieval, Western support or an educated officer corps, and most importantly Chappan-inch-ki-chatti-wala's support. How they will go after Mullah Fazlullah is to me. mind boggling. Actually on second thought maybe it is true the Afghan security forces have gone after him but just has the other mullahs have repeatedly captured territory, Fazlullah has evaded them. And, by the way Forever is a very long time.

But then again as is said in Urdu: Umed pay dunya Kaim hay.

I regret to say this @Sher Malang sab by janab-e Doktor Abdullah prefers style over substance -- as are testament his famous Louis Vuitton slippers and French tailored suites [the Pakistani elites are not much better]: or as he likes to call it "dignified". [Lalu Parsad turned around Indian Ralways without ever combing his hair -- see substance over style]

I know the Afghan commandos look good, or as I'm sure young Afghans like to call it: "bad-***", in Western supplied uniforms and night vision goggles and m4 (or is it m6 or m9 I don't know) carbines but that is just as Doctor sab confuses style for substance -- the Afghan Commandos cannot secure territory from village mullahs who lack an Air Force, an Armoured Corps, Medieval, Western support or an educated officer corps, and most importantly Chappan-inch-ki-chatti-wala's support. How they will go after Mullah Fazlullah is to me. mind boggling. Actually on second thought maybe it is true the Afghan security forces have gone after him but just has the other mullahs have repeatedly captured territory, Fazlullah has evaded them. And, by the way Forever is a very long time.

But then again as is said in Urdu: Umed pay dunya Kaim hay.

Right.

Let's make it simple he hints that Fazllu/anyother anti-Pakistan elements is in our radar but wants Pakistan to return the favor sincarely.

Right.

Let's make it simple he hints that Fazllu/anyother anti-Pakistan elements is in our radar but wants Pakistan to return the favor sincarely.

How about this: the day Pakistan and Afghanistan are sincere to each other under these textbook khayli-polos, I'll buy you a years worth of subscription to Playboy. [Sadly I heard they don't do full nudity anymore] -- deal?

How about this: the day Pakistan and Afghanistan are sincere to each other under these textbook khayli-polos, I'll buy you a years worth of subscription to Playboy. [Sadly I heard they don't do full nudity anymore] -- deal?

Lol I ain't into that stuff but let's pray and hope for better relations between two countries.

Pakistan should work hard for better relations and keep trying. Should follow footsteps of prophet saw and be patience and reward will be there.
I dont agree with what people saying about bad for afghanis because it will fuel to fire and not good for Pakistan.

Lol I ain't into that stuff but let's pray and hope for better relations between two countries.

yes, prayer seems to have helped the Syrians, Afghans, Pakistanis a lot -- have you read or seen: "Waiting for Gaddot" ?

This is good to hear, but it's interesting Abdullah said this in an interview with a Pakistani news agency. Different audience, different tone, right?

Back
Top Bottom