What's new

Muslims safer in India than anywhere else in world: Yogi Adityanath

Just a FYI - Hindus don't believe in 33 crore deities . It's more like one supreme god (Mahadev) and his 33 subordinates (devatas) sort of thingy which often gets distorted into 330 million misconception.
Are you sure? If I am not wrong Mahadev is another name of Mahesh of Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh trinity. Followers of Brahma and Vishnu will dispute you about supremacy of Mahesh or Mahadev.

Are you sure? If I am not wrong Mahadev is another name of Mahesh of Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh trinity. Followers of Brahma and Vishnu will dispute you about supremacy of Mahesh or Mahadev.

Don't bust his bubble. He is just trying to be "secular" and try and convince you that Hinduism is just like Islam and we should all live in peace. :P

He has figured it out that such nonsense passes for secularism quite easily and makes him an instant hero.

If it was said safer than China that would have been correct and true.

:lol:........ are you sure ? ..... you must ask the muslims in china :P ........ i.e. IF they are ever allowed to speak out.

Just a FYI - Hindus don't believe in 33 crore deities . It's more like one supreme god (Mahadev) and his 33 subordinates (devatas) sort of thingy which often gets distorted into 330 million misconception.
Things are little more complicated than that. Rg says, though it does not name them, there are thirty three Gods. We get those names in Mahabharata and Satapatha Brahmana. The classifications are 12 Adityas (Varuna, Indra, Vishnu etc), 11 Rudras (Aja, Pinaki, Shambhu etc) and 8 vasus (Som, Anil, Anala, Prabhasa etc). These thirty three are not subordinates of Shiva, Rudra is just a classification of Gods which later morphed into a separate deity.

Don't bust his bubble. He is just trying to be "secular" and try and convince you that Hinduism is just like Islam and we should all live in peace. :P

He has figured it out that such nonsense passes for secularism quite easily and makes him an instant hero.

How does secularism come into this? Where did i say Hinduism is similar to islam? I was merely disputing the fact that there aren't 33 crore deities.

Revival of True India: 330 million Gods?

How does secularism come into this? Where did i say Hinduism is similar to islam? I was merely disputing the fact that there aren't 33 crore deities.
Revival of True India: 330 million Gods?

Why does it need disputing ? What is so special about 1 and bad about 330 million ? .... how about 53 ? or 0 ?

Stop being on the defensive and take pride in being a Hindu. You do not have to explain anything to a bigot.

Lets how long does that stay a fact.

tick tock tick tock

talking from a holistic point of view.. nothing is permanent...What matters is what is your perspective and what you are wishing..

Well as a shivaite i do believe he's supreme. People who follow other school of thoughts are free to believe whomever they consider supreme.

Why does it need disputing ? What is so special about 1 and bad about 330 million ? .... how about 53 ? or 0 ?

Stop being on the defensive and take pride in being a Hindu. You do not have to explain anything to a bigot.

COOL! if you think Disputing a misconception is being defensive then so be it

Things are little more complicated than that. Rg says, though it does not name them, there are thirty three Gods. We get those names in Mahabharata and Satapatha Brahmana. The classifications are 12 Adityas (Varuna, Indra, Vishnu etc), 11 Rudras (Aja, Pinaki, Shambhu etc) and 8 vasus (Som, Anil, Anala, Prabhasa etc). These thirty three are not subordinates of Shiva, Rudra is just a classification of Gods which later morphed into a separate deity.

Well that makes only 31 add indra and prajapati to the list = 33 ;)

This is not a fact. India covers up much of its atrocities which are conducted against muslims. I do not think muslims are safe in their own hometowns, like Lucknow Hyderabad and other places. The Gujarat and Mumbai massacres prove beyond doubt that the muslims, though usually untroubled can be attacked at any time and be slaughtered.

Then there is POTA which allows Indian agencies and police to arrest any muslim. In fact it has become a tool in the hands of police and they go around arresting everyone and anyone.

But still it is closer to the truth than saying muslims have full rights in India. Generally some find themselves secure.
--
course correction ...
is gujrat is show sttoper for all events of indian history ..
this only thing which show how cruel india is.. since 2000 how many riots happned accros india.which had communal angel ...
except UP and bihar not much ..
--
Massacres
use word wiselly..
please provided source of MASSACRE in mumbai ?
--
Pota
Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is pota have clasue to keep one relgion speciifc people to jail under?
please clarify

--
yes india still need to improve on so may accounts ... but stil better palce to live atleast better than subcontinet muslim world for indian mulsim

Well as a shivaite i do believe he's supreme. People who follow other school of thoughts are free to believe whomever they consider supreme.

Well that makes only 31 add indra and prajapati to the list = 33 ;)
Not Indra and Prjapati. Its Dyava and prithibi. With prajapati it becomes 34.Good observation BTW.

Its no misconception, its a deliberate error which no amount of truth can erase. You think it matters to him if there are 33 gods or 330 million ?

It matters to you what he thinks, hence the need to correct him. But what you fail to realize is that Neither will you be successful in correcting him, nor will it change how he feels about you.

This is from Wiki: :)

Number of deities
There is no fixed "number of deities" in Hinduism any more than a consistent definition of "deity". There is, however, a popular perception stating that there are 330 million (or "33 crore") deities in Hinduism.[11]

The number 33 is based on a verse in the Rigveda[citation needed]and Brihadaranyaka Upanishad - Chapter 3. which 11 gods each in heaven, on earth and in mid-air. Another verse[citation needed] of the Rigveda states that "3,339 gods have worshipped Agni".[12] The extension to 330 million in popular tradition has been attributed to mistranslation.[4][13] Another source suggests the number is just "intended to suggest infinity".[14] In the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad (1.9.1), Yajnavalkya asked how many gods there are, and he answers that there are 303,303. When the question is repeated, he says 33. When the question is repeated again, he says six, and when asked yet again, he answers one. The number 33 according to the Brhadaranyaka Upanishad (1.9.2) consists of eight Vasus, eleven Rudras, twelve Adityas, plus Indra and Prajapati.

Yaska in his commentary on the Rigveda states that there are three deities, Agni (in the earth), Vayu or Indra (in the air), and Surya (in the sky).

Hindu deities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Hindu deities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

talking from a holistic point of view.. nothing is permanent...What matters is what is your perspective and what you are wishing..

Quasi intellectual ...

Learn this, What matters is historical trends.
Points of view change, perspective differs but History repeats itself.

If you know what I mean.

You mean like in Babri Mosque...... oh wait.....!!!!

kedi babri?

He is referring to such demands. @Screambowl
B_Qw9leW4AAYrIc.jpg:large

friday toh har hafta aata hain,khuda ko dua sunna ho toh abhi tak sun lete.

Karl Marx, who propounded the communist ideology, said that Religion is the opiate of mind. Thats the reason the communist states are atheists. Your type of communism is like China wedding Saudi Arabia meaning chinese political system minus atheism plus Islamic shariah. Thats what you give an impression from your writing. Its very easy to read between the lines.
As regards to India's national symbols, no one should have any doubts or problems about them. The Lion Capital, the national emblem, is taken from a Buddhist sculpture and also the blue wheel of our national flag is taken from the same buddhist sculpture at Sarnath. Does that make India biased towards buddhism or does that compromise India's secularism?
National Anthem is written in Bengali and not in Sanskrit. National Song is written in Sanskrit and equal status is given to our Quaumi Tarana Sare Jahan Se Achha which is written in Urdu. No Indian has any problem with any of our national symbols. The people who can sing bollywood songs should not have any problem singing our national songs.

saare jahaan acha is just another song,nothing important.

Back
Top Bottom