What's new

Modi’s party set to win Uttar Pradesh

My favorite daaru song is "Yeh jo halka halka suroor hai". I play it on a loop and by end of the evening it is "Yeh jo bohat zoron ka suroor hai"
My model is that famous sportsman, Rao Raja Hanut Singh. Two, never more. He played 9 goals because he could not be given 10; Jaipur was already 10, and they could not be equated. On the field of course they were the best of partners in crime; they were on the Deauville team of 1956 of hallowed memory.

But in 1961, I watched another Rathore, aided by Hesky Baig, a Mad Major and one other whose name I forget, carve up Hanut and his family team to win the Centenary Gold Cup. Every shot, every brilliant move remains bright in my memory.
@Joe Shearer i think Old Monk is losing its potency. Mazaa nahin aa raha. I buy it just for nostalgia sake.
I don't know. I went off it once it disappeared from the market for a brief while, and on my b-i-l's urging took up McDowell's, was stunned by it, and stick to it now.

Partially due to family history

And listening to the popular narrative in India which is sort of similar to radio Rwanda

India is at a point where they dont even care really and are willing to enforce laws that dont exist
Why do you think so? Please explain so.
Ap key logon key khayalat sey wakif hoan
When someone raping a same child becomes a low key hero and killing of people is remembered fondly I would say this is the most likely outcome

Sure and what about that Dubey don that he eliminated? Was he a Muslim too? UP's only saving grace since last election has been job creation and special economic zones. That can't happen with thugs roaming in the streets and troubling people. Hence the hard-hitting Putin-esque measures to 'tame' the crowd.

While there are elements of religious preference, who doesn't have them? Are you telling me that does not happen in Muslim-majority or Christian-majority countries? It does, and more than what you see in India.

Without a strongman CM, UP will become like the Somalia of India that it was in the 90s. A state that has 22 crore people used to only hard politics, cannot be governed in the same way as Maharashtra or Gujarat where there's enough sense in the general population.

I hope actual development has happened in UP as you say. I haven't been there for some time although I have relatives in western UP. In terms of basic amenities like power, water and sanitation, they say nothing has changed.

I will admit I have only third hand knowledge of on ground situation there in terms of development. But I am still against communal rhetoric and active attempts at demonizing a community. The BJP senior leadership is never seen condemning what they call voices of fringe elements. As someone who believes that India is equally for every Indian, it is quite distressing that extreme views are patronized through silence by the establishment.

Who knew that provincial elections in India were such a big rage here on PDF.😉 This is fascinating about how many people here think along the lines of fear/dislike of an administration that has changed the most un-changeable state in the country.

Basically, UP has been infamous for being the Hollywood-standard Mexico image in India - lawless, rough & teeming with hostile elements. There was a point in time when people would fear to step out of their homes after 7PM in the evening. In northeast, some of the more regionalist elements use UP as a slur because of the lawlessness and the thuggery there once upon a time. But that is now changing.

Today people walk around without fear of any goons or rioters or arsonists.

There is a lot of infrastructure and people movement within UP and any sort of goonery is not tolerated (even "Hindutva" one as you guys put it).
Thanks for your post.....refreshing, in the lunatic frenzy that one know-all person (who might be missing his whiskey ) is subjecting all people to in this thread. Irony is - he writes all his theorems (about everything bad in India) in a pakistani forum, and does not realise it.
I am sure - Pakistanis are loving the responses of that individual.

PS: Did not name that individual, as I do not want to give him importance and feed him.

Sure and what about that Dubey don that he eliminated? Was he a Muslim too? UP's only saving grace since last election has been job creation and special economic zones. That can't happen with thugs roaming in the streets and troubling people. Hence the hard-hitting Putin-esque measures to 'tame' the crowd.

While there are elements of religious preference, who doesn't have them? Are you telling me that does not happen in Muslim-majority or Christian-majority countries? It does, and more than what you see in India.

Without a strongman CM, UP will become like the Somalia of India that it was in the 90s. A state that has 22 crore people used to only hard politics, cannot be governed in the same way as Maharashtra or Gujarat where there's enough sense in the general population.

Thanks for your post.......you have good articulation skills.

BTW - Is there an e-mail or something that I can contact you in private?

Last edited:
I play it on a loop and by end of the evening it is "Yeh jo bohat zoron ka suroor hai"

This condition is amply portrayed in a Punjabi couplet:

"Jinni chaanda aen, saaqiya peya day
Tay baaqi saaday uttay dohl day"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for your post.....refreshing in the lunatic frenzy that one know-all guy (who might be missing his whiskey ) is subjecting all people to.
Isn't that preferable to know-nothing stupidity and ignorance of the basics? If it hurts to be told, and then to be shown that you know nothing and are speaking with that as a foundation, the answer is not to protest and whine to those who will listen, but to step back and to learn.

I hope actual development has happened in UP as you say. I haven't been there for some time although I have relatives in western UP. In terms of basic amenities like power, water and sanitation, they say nothing has changed.

I will admit I have only third hand knowledge of on ground situation there in terms of development.
This The_trains_run_on_time model of governance was never going to work; we already discovered that in Indira Gandhi's ill-judged Emergency in 1975.

On top of the general weakness of such attempts to control the entire state to meet the wishes of one individual, we have the weakness of the administrative machinery. This is not between-wars Germany with a fantastic industry and a very well-developed and refined administration, This is a third world country that is trying desperately hard to make up for lost time, and the ravages of colonial rule by a grasping, greedy ruler, and has never taken the time to build administrative systems that are future proof.

By retaining the systems set up for administration of an alien country in the eighteenth and the nineteenth centuries, we have tied ourselves down to that pace and that scope of administration and social service. There is NO WAY that these promises that are made in the elections can be kept, until there is administrative reform. Not the sort that is intended to put pricks at all the vital points of control, but the sort that allows the existing issues - roti, kapda aur makan, to quote a Pakistani, and going beyond, health care, education and the administration of the law of the land - to be addressed scientifically, and taking into account the potential of the digital computer.

Partially due to family history

And listening to the popular narrative in India which is sort of similar to radio Rwanda

India is at a point where they dont even care really and are willing to enforce laws that dont exist

Ap key logon key khayalat sey wakif hoan
When someone raping a same child becomes a low key hero and killing of people is remembered fondly I would say this is the most likely outcome

The west and gulf countries have Modi by his b@lls. Modi cares about his international image. So no pogrom.

The west and gulf countries have Modi by his b@lls. Modi cares about his international image. So no pogrom.
If Yemen is anything to go by the west has extreme tolerance to look away

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom