What's new

Miss New York is first Indian-American to win Miss America

BS- prianka chopra and deepika padukone would ave been dismissed as dark plain girl by your logic.

Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone are still fairer skinned on average...and mind you both do have exceptional features, so they would be beautiful irrespective of skin color...

BTW...Please tell me someone saw Priyanka Chopra perform at the beginning of Thursday Night Football...
She really seems to be making inroads into the US entertainment scene...

you have to understand that "Fair skin" was considered a sign of nobility not just among Indians, but even european cultures.

The term "blue Blood" comes from the extremely pale skin that the european nobility would sport leading to the veins being exposed through the skin giving the appearance of one having "blue" blood.
The point is that the nobility was not exposed to the sun while the gentry would be darker and toiled in the sun...which is where we get this generalization from..

However the colonization just made the whole phenomenon more ingrained in the Indian psyche....

PS: Its very interesting to note that the concept of beauty is not only a product of enviroment. It has been noted that babies respond favorably to what is considered universally beautiful in society and negatively to what one might consider "hideous".

not sure about baby bit... will a african baby respond favourably to a white skinned visitor.
My idea of beauty has changed quite a lot since childhood, as a kid I used to find well fed gol matol chubby cheeked men/women good looking.. also the caucasian alpha male look was ugly for me then...

not sure about baby bit... will a african baby respond favourably to a white skinned visitor.
My idea of beauty has changed quite a lot since childhood, as a kid I used to find well fed gol matol men/women good looking.. also the caucasian alpha male look was ugly for me then...

about the baby bit...You got it wrong..maybe I didnt explain it right..

The point is that there are "universal" indicators of beauty..such as the symmetry of the face, bone structure, ratio of size of the lips to the distance to the nose, big eyes etc etc..a combination of these go into what one considers beautiful (leave the color of skin aside which is more of a personal preference)..

A a person of any race with the right combination will be beautiful no matter where they go...and of course the opposite is considered ugly..
What Im saying is that a baby will smile seeing a beautiful face without actually knowing the "social or learned" aspects of beauty while crying when seeing an ugly or horrendous face IRRESPECTIVE of the skin color...which is why I made the statement that concept of beauty might be more than a product of ones environment...
Of course since babies cant speak, we have to assume that smiling is an indication of a positive feeling vs. crying a negative.
By no means is this a 100% accurate measure but an observation in the psychological sphere...

PS: Michelle Pfeiffer is supposed to have the perfect face ie. the best combination of all the characteristics that make up a "universally beautiful" person.

Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone are still fairer skinned on average...and mind you both do have exceptional features, so they would be beautiful irrespective of skin color...

BTW...Please tell me someone saw Priyanka Chopra perform at the beginning of Thursday Night Football...

Priyanka is not only beautiful she's talented and intelligent. :smitten:

I think Deepika isn't fair skinned. it is mostly make up.

Indians taking US jobs was enough for them to handle already and now taking Miss America away from them is too much I guess. But that is what future is like for US. It does not belong to whites only as every nation on earth has its people living in US

No I didn't but I'm happy...she is a HORRIBLE singer

Priyanka is not only beautiful she's talented and intelligent. :smitten:

Oh I agree..I was speaking purely in terms of superficial beauty...she is smart but not
Talented as a singer, actor possibly

No I didn't but I'm happy...she is a HORRIBLE singer

Preaching to the choir my friend...achievement nevertheless especially considering the glaring lack of talent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom