What's new

Message to Vegetarians

No you don't. You WANT to or you THINK you need to...

Interesting. You seemed to know about me more than I do.

Why don't you go and suck on a popsicle. It's vegetarian. And don't forget to swallow. You know what I mean? Of course you do since you know me so well.

@Kurama dude! Please no one is going to read your book :D (esp not me)

This is a forum btw, if you are vegetarian thats you stop exploding it like its the only way...I said in my post (which I believe you didnt read) that we are both....Ancient men are great examples....Plus we have traits of both Herbivore and a Carnivore (now stop even using these derogatory words which are outdated)

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”
Anthony Bourdain

Love his quote ;)

BTW its result less to argue about someones food habit. to say either veg or nonveg is good is wrong. btw as a doctor i advocate vegetarian foods bcoz most of the polyphenols and other antioxidant come from vegetable not animal parts. one can live on pure plant based food( if u inclue spirulina which contains vit B 12), but not on pure animal diet. lots of carcinogens are in animals now a days, fattening products. add to that we south Asians add limitless oil/butter to food.

True, but good thing is that non-vegetarians also eat vegetables, non-veg items are just a part of their total diet, I am not aware of any significant negative health effects of fish if cooked with little oil.

I was watching a TV debate on malnutrition among children in rural areas, one participant argued that increase in use of pesticides in water-logged paddy fields has reduced availability of many small fish species that were a traditional source of protein for children in rural areas. As a doctor don't you think little bit of fish, occasionally home grown chicken or eggs, etc. would benefit less fortunate children who don't get many other nutritious foods apart from insufficient food grains and pulses distributed through PDS?

Interesting. You seemed to know about me more than I do.

Why don't you go and suck on a popsicle. It's vegetarian. And don't forget to swallow. You know what I mean? Of course you do since you know me so well.
I don't know you. But I know how far people go to justify some of their practices just to feel good about themselves. Like arguing they "need" leather bag made out of some exotic animal or "medicine" made of tiger bone etc.. Your excuse is same type.

I feel some vegetarians have a little inferiority complex about their dietary habits. It's ok if you are a vegetarian, but there is no need to try and persuade others.

Bengali vegetarian

Does such a thing even exist? :eek:

Where did I tell you what to eat or what not to eat? I just pointed out the stupidity in your logic of "I need to eat meat".

Since you alreay said you don;t know me, then what give you the idea you know what I need? Logic? It is funny this word could come out of your mouth.

Since you alreay said you don;t know me, then what give you the idea you know what I need? Logic? It is funny this word could come out of your mouth.
If you read my previous posts you would'ave known. It is a very funny conjunction you have made that one needs to know other person to call out flaw in the argument..

This is a forum btw, if you are vegetarian thats you stop exploding it like its the only way...I said in my post (which I believe you didnt read) that we are both....Ancient men are great examples....Plus we have traits of both Herbivore and a Carnivore (now stop even using these derogatory words which are outdated)
when did I say that... I never forced it on anyone..:cry::cry::cry:

which I believe you didnt read
This is not fair, I read every thing you posted, leaving my course book..:enjoy:

Plus we have traits of both Herbivore and a Carnivore (now stop even using these derogatory words which are outdated)
which out dated words did I used..:yu:
P.S. never mind, why should I care about other fellows.what they eat.I am a veg and that's a stopping point for me..:tup:

If you read my previous posts you would'ave known. It is a very funny conjunction you have made that one needs to know other person to call out flaw in the argument..

It does. If your argument is a generalization, by all means, make it. Since your argument was made towards me, then yes you need to know me first. But you don't.

See that's logic. Now go suck on a popsicle.

Back
Top Bottom