What's new

Memories Of Un/Partitioned India & Pak

KashifAsrar

Reaction score
Here are some Old pics ..... INDIA AND PAKISTAN INDEPENDENCE DAY SPECIAL ..... :cheers:
Kashif

The Taj ...

Gawalior Fort ...

Near View of the gate of the Hooseinabad - Lucknow

General view of Lahore

Runjit Singh's palace in Lahore Fort

Runjit Singh's tomb, from the Huzoori Bagh, Lahore

Jehangir's tomb in the Shadra Gardens, Lahore

Wuzeer Khans Mosque, from the Quadrangle. Lahore

The Great Arch & Iron Pillar. Kutb Minar - Delhi

The Old Fort. Delhi

Karachi

Shelabagh - Khojak Pass 1889(Quetta/Karachi)

No. 2 Rope incline Khojak Pass 1889(Quetta/Karachi )

nice pics, I am moving this thread if you dont mind..

Beautiful man,

There are few pictures with the year 1889. Do they have cameras at that time.

If you have more plz post em....

melb4aust
I have posted all of them. I would search my data to get more, if possible. OK !!
They had camera in 1889 : I do not know. the pic that you reffred might be of later date. I can not verify the validity of the year of the shoot for this picture.
Kashif

Ok Here are some more for melb4aust ...
Enjoy ....

The daughter of an Indian maharajah seated on a panther she shot, sometime during 1920s. This picture and the others in this series appear in a new book, 'India Then and Now', by Vir Sanghvi and Rudrangshu Mukherjee, Roli Books, India. Pictures courtesy: Roli Books.

A throwback from the Raj: A British man gets a pedicure from an Indian servant.

The Grand Trunk Road, built by Sher Shah Suri, was the main trade route from Calcutta to Kabul. Here, transport leaves Ambala for Delhi.

A group of dancing girls. Dancing or nautch girls began performing at courts around 1830. They were known for their elaborate costumes and jewellery.

Kashif

A rare aerial view of the president's palace and the parliament building in Delhi, both designed by architects Edwin Lutyens and Herbert Baker.

Women gather at a party in Mumbai (Bombay) in 1910, a sign that women were very much part of the social scene in many respects

An aerial view of Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi, built between 1650 and 1658 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.

The Imperial Airways 'Hanno' Hadley Page passenger airplane carries the England to India air mail, stopping in Sharjah to refuel.

Here are some of the jems ....

Aug. 15, 1947: Mountbatten swears Nehru in as Prime Minister of India

TRAIN TO PAKISTAN; India 1947. Trains packed with refugees - Hindus and Sikhs headed for India, and Muslims headed for Pakistan - were convenient targets for gangs of killers on both sides of the border. Inadequately protected 'Refugee Specials' were typically stopped, and the occupants butchered, several times in the course of the journey.

The dead - Punjab, 1947

Mountbatten arrives at Delhi airport; received by Nehru and Liaquat Ali. March 25, 1947

1948: The news of Gandhi's assassination hits the streets. A stunned crowd gathers in Calcutta.

1948: Crowds in New Delhi wait for a glimpse of Gandhi's funeral procession.

A Library being divided at the time of partition. Heart trembles to see this sight and it is tough to imagine the state of the nation at the moment when people needed to hold hands.

Great work dude, i have actually saved those pictaa's in computer as collection.

Thanx again

Come as you are,
as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend,
As a friend,
As an old enemy
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is ours, don't be late.
Take a rest, as a friend, As an old memoria
-- Come as you are by Nirvana

The plane had a flag on it!?