What's new

Around 100,000 people evacuated due to floods in Pakistan

Kingdom come

Reaction score
Country
India
Several hundred villages and thousands of acres of cropland in the central province were inundated when the Sutlej river burst its banks on Sunday.

"The flood waters came a couple of days ago and all our houses were submerged. We walked all the way here on foot with great difficulty," 29 year-old Kashif Mehmood, who fled with his wife and three children to a relief camp, told AFP on Tuesday.

Rescue boats travelled from village to village over the past several days, collecting people forced to wait on the roofs of their homes as the water level rose around them.

Others pushed their motorcycles through shallower waters or held belongings above their heads until they found dry ground.

"There is five or six feet (1.5-1.8 metres) of water accumulated over the roads," Muhammad Amin, a local doctor volunteering at a relief camp, told AFP on Tuesday.

"The only route that could have been used to come and go is now under water. This 15- or 16-kilometre route is now being covered by boat so that we can rescue people."

Muhammad Aslam, Pakistan's chief meteorologist covering floods, said the river level was at its highest in 35 years.

"We have rescued 100,000 people and transferred them to safer places," Farooq Ahmad, spokesman for the Punjab emergency services, told AFP on Wednesday.

Rescuers have been using boats to reach communities cut off by flooding
Arif ALI
The head of Punjab's government, Mohsin Naqvi, said that monsoon rains had prompted authorities in India to release excess reservoir water into the Sutlej river, causing flooding downstream on the Pakistani side of the border.

India has seen severe monsoon rains this year, with more than 150 killed in rain-related incidents since July.

Ali Tauqeer Sheikh, a climate and water expert based in the Pakistani capital Islamabad, said the water levels in the Sutlej river had become so high that they were beyond India's storage capacity

This will be yearly affair for India and Pakistan for climate change, hope the government is doing some planning

Omg. Everything is Muslim, Hindu for you.
Hindus see everything as Hindu-Muslim. You have respected and revered leaders who are on 24/7 campaign mode trying to incite riots and violence against Muslims. I am just trying to make Pakistanis aware of this mindset, since many of them have been misled by Hindus into thinking they are just a much smellier counterpart of a Western progressive.

Hindus see everything as Hindu-Muslim. You have respected and revered leaders who are on 24/7 campaign mode trying to incite riots and violence against Muslims. I am just trying to make Pakistanis aware of this mindset, since many of them have been misled by Hindus into thinking they are just a much smellier counterpart of a Western progressive.
Oh they already know. It's like preaching to already converted. But you can continue with your nonsense. Victimized mentality is a trait of south Asian Muslims. No one bothers about you lot.

Oh they already know. It's like preaching to already converted. But you can continue with your nonsense.
I didn't ask for your permission, pajeet. And instead of doing RR like the whiney little poojari you are, how about you explain what nonsense I'm posting here? Did Hindus in Himachal Pradesh order Muslims to leave their state or not? Did Hindus not end up running from Himachal Pradesh themselves afterwards?

We have dams

And a fat lot of good they are doing. Everyone saw what happened in Delhi a few weeks back.

Dams don't do crap unless you dredge your rivers, which India mostly does not.

Why - it costs money of course, and requires disciplined planning and execution. :lol:

Downstream, near Farakka, Nitish Kumar's state got flooded and he is blaming Farakka for that.

I didn't ask for your permission, pajeet. And instead of doing RR like the whiney little poojari you are, how about you explain what nonsense I'm posting here? Did Hindus in Himachal Pradesh order Muslims to leave their state or not? Did Hindus not end up running from Himachal Pradesh themselves afterwards?
I told you to continue. No one bothers about your rants. We will have Muslims but we will make India islamists free. You can do nothing about it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom