What's new

Marine Dad Banned from School After Complaining About Islam Homework

it's not the job of the school to teach religious stuff. it's just very controversial and some might not be comfortable with it.
Either teach all, or none... obviously teaching one specific one is more controversial?

I would prefer to teach religion in school(as opposed to not at all) .. not for conversion.. but we live in a society full of religious people. Why learn things from people with biased opinion ( parents).
And it should be fact based, basic information.

For example:
Christians believe that jesus turned water into wine. - correct
Jesus turned water into wine - Incorrect

If we can teach sex education to ready our kids for future, why cant we teach religion as well.

holding the country together, and I wonder how he did that?? surely not through fear,torture, and executions :chilli:
let's be real Iraq is one country of three different people
-Sunni
-Shia
-Kurds
it needs to be split for the better.

:sniper:

please apply your mighty logic to Israel and than we will talk :D

please apply your mighty logic to Israel and than we will talk :D

you lose wars you typically lose land

76181d419287d52aa82f84a8d15560a8.png

Still you think the marine is at fault??

How can we so sure of the Marine's word? There is a difference. The school forbids to practise Christianity is the word of the Marine. But doesnt mean they allow the kids to practise Islam at school.
They had a assignment of Islam at the school, and if it was me, I would have wikipediad it and given it to them .
There is a difference between practising and assignment in school, and even the Marine's words are clear indications of that.

How can we so sure of the Marine's word? There is a difference. The school forbids to practise Christianity is the word of the Marine. But doesnt mean they allow the kids to practise Islam at school.
They had a assignment of Islam at the school, and if it was me, I would have wikipediad it and given it to them .
There is a difference between practising and assignment in school, and even the Marine's words are clear indications of that.
:lol:
What kind of a school gives assignment about islam? And why should a student do it who is not interested about islam? How about a science project for an assignment? Isnt that the reason a student joins in a school and not a madarassa?

because we would lose. Israel is unbeatable :o:

hahaha lolz or maybe your Govt is run by Higher class Jews ?
they take your money, than buy your arms and used against Innocent peoples .. and you call yourself World police , looks like Israel is a no go area for US armed forces ?

:lol:
What kind of a school gives assignment about islam? And why should a student do it who is not interested about islam? How about a science project for an assignment? Isnt that the reason a student joins in a school and not a madarassa?

I am sure schools is also about history and GK as well.. Not all will be interested in science :D Some in literature, and some even in history (like me) :P

hahaha lolz or maybe your Govt is run by Higher class Jews ?
they take your money, than buy your arms and used against Innocent peoples .. and you call yourself World police , looks like Israel is a no go area for US armed forces ?

I don't want to get into that right now, but it's true :frown:

Still you think the marine is at fault??
You do understand the difference between practicing a religion, and learning about a religion? Which if I had to guess would be a few lessons teaching the basics of Islam and nothing like what some people in this thread are trying to make out. I think this sort of thing should be encouraged in every school. The worlds getting smaller (globalization) and learning about other religions and culture will hopefully bring mutual respect and understanding.

I am sure schools is also about history and GK as well.. Not all will be interested in science :D Some in literature, and some even in history (like me) :P
Well...why not give them an option rather than imposing something which you dont like?

You do understand the difference between practicing a religion, and learning about a religion? Which if I had to guess would be a few lessons teaching the basics of Islam and nothing like what some people in this thread are trying to make out. I think this sort of thing should be encouraged in every school. The worlds getting smaller (globalization) and learning about other religions and culture will hopefully bring mutual respect and understanding.
If a parent wants his child to learn about religion, he would joined the child in a religious institution. What is the need for a school to give an assignment only about Islam? Isnt school a place where religion should be kept out? Why should a pupil learn "a few lessons" about Islam when he is not interested to?

If a parent wants his child to learn about religion, he would joined the child in a religious institution. What is the need for a school to give an assignment only about Islam? Isnt school a place where religion should be kept out? Why should a pupil learn "a few lessons" about Islam when he is not interested to?
Where does it say that the school only teaches about Islam and not other religions?

Back
Top Bottom