What's new

Man sentenced to death for blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance

Reaction score
CHAKWAL: An additional district and sessions judge in Talagang sentenced a man to death on Tuesday for committing blasphemy.

Judge Rana Zahoor Ahmad also imposed a fine of Rs50,000 on 29-year-old Abdul Sattar, a resident of Larkana, who was sent to prison in Jhelum.

Mohammad Saeed, of Talagang town, had filed a complaint with the city police station on Feb 5 last year. He said he had been receiving derogatory text messages and calls from a wrong number for several days. He told police that contents of the messages and conversation of the caller blasphemed Holy Quran, Prophet (PBUH) and Sahabas (companions of the Prophet).

A case was registered and District Police Officer Syed Ali Mohsin set up a special inquiry committee, headed by then Superintendent of Police (Investigation) Malik Matloob.

The committee collected data of calls and text messages sent by a cell number belonging to Abdul Sattar.

“We took permission from the home department for a raid in Larkana and arrested the accused,” SP Matloob told Dawn on phone from Rawalpindi.

He said Sattar had confessed to have committed the crime. “The accused behaved quite normally when arrested,” the SP added.

Man sentenced to death for blasphemy | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

see, whether asia bibi, or any muslim, the law is equal, but crazy people like salman taseer shaheed :laugh: start to bad name pakistan, being pakistani this is the most disgraceful deed :disagree:

and also we dont need to bring every blashphemy case in this forum, forgod sake its not forum for lawyers or judges :disagree:

see, whether asia bibi, or any muslim, the law is equal, but crazy people like salman taseer shaheed :laugh: start to bad name pakistan, being pakistani this is the most disgraceful deed :disagree:

and also we dont need to bring every blashphemy case in this forum, forgod sake its not forum for lawyers or judges :disagree:

No crazy mullahs, extremists, and the taliban bring bad name to Pakistan. People like Taseer just wanted to expose these idiots for their hypocrisy and violent nature

No crazy mullahs, extremists, and the taliban bring bad name to Pakistan. People like Taseer just wanted to expose these idiots for their hypocrisy and violent nature

and he forgot to expose himself, how corrupt and fraud he was :disagree:, everybody must correct himself before correcting others, what he did was to divide pakistanis, and he was not going against mullahs, one thing he should have done to bring those land reforms, so that feudals dont make pakistani a slave, but did he do anything in punjab to abolish that feudal system?? no, he went for something he can gain as must shame for pakistan :disagree:

he owns a bmw while normal people in punjab are dieing of hunger, did he do anything about that :disagree:

the religious laws was nothing of his concern, he was not a minister of religious affairs, he was not a member of islamic ideology council, punjab and its poor condition of punjabis was, he didnt do what he was supposed to do

btw, i think blasphemy laws is as much applicable for allah and prophet muhammad(pbuh) as it is for hazrat isa(as) jesus christ, so i think if any muslim does blasphemy for jesus christ, he will be eually prosecuted

death penalty for blasphemy is too hard a punishment. i think it should be abolished. what pakistani fellows has to say abt it???????

death penalty for blasphemy is too hard a punishment. i think it should be abolished. what pakistani fellows has to say abt it???????

Don't tell us what we should do and not! Punishment in this law is in accordance with the State religion of Pakistan, and it's a part of the constitution!

not at all.......... as long as there are laws for capital punishment in pakistan

The Blasphemy Law is un-Islamic anyways, I don't know why anyone would want to have it in Pakistan.

Don't tell us what we should do and not! Punishment in this law is in accordance with the State religion of Pakistan, and it's a part of the constitution!

And most sane people think the law is being an a_s_s* here.

* - Not sure what this forum has against donkeys.

wow, how is it UN islamic?? can u support your statement?

Where has the Blasphemy Law been mentioned in the Quran or in the authentic Ahadith? Where has it been mentioned that anyone that has blasphemed against the Holy Prophet (S) must be killed?

I take it Pakistan has no place for atheists,irrespective of religion?

You can be an atheist and live in Pakistan. A lot of people won't agree with you, but theres no rule or law saying you cannot be atheist.

I take it Pakistan has no place for atheists,irrespective of religion?

no it has, as long as they dont blaspheme islam and other religions and remain within limits, i have learned dark wave member here is atheist and frequently types here in this forum while living in islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom