What's new

Man sentenced to death for blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have many non muslim friends, you should better know someone before personally attacking that person or muslim, we are not evil muzlums, we are just like normal humans

well i know muslims very well.. i have lived with them with around 70% majority of them back in AMU. so i know them very well. The only itch are those who consider themselves as super humans and others as inferiors.

sorry to say that but this second kind is quite in Pakistan especially against hindus for they have no idea about hinduism and belive that hindus belive cow is god, they drink cow piss 3 times a day and take stones for gods.

No one should incite religious sentiments agreed but simply ruining off life of a youngster just for the sake he tore off a poster without reading.... give me a break

you should not dispose it off, you should keep it, burning books which can provide knowledge is not good, books shouldnt be disposed, i still have bible, torah in my book shelf

You can't expect me to keep a book which I don't want.... If you'd asked me to donate it, it would've been a different case. But why should I keep a book which I have no intention of reading in the future?

Anyways, a real life scenario this time around..... I had a copy of the Bhagwad Gita which I hadn't read for a while. When I opened it 2 weeks back, termites had eaten up half of it. So, I had to burn the book. What should I do if the same happens to my copy of the Quran?

i have many non muslim friends, you should better know someone before personally attacking that person or muslim, we are not evil muzlums, we are just like normal humans

Yaar no ones attacking Muslims. My best friends are Muslims, Indians, Pakistanis and a few Bangladeshis.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding how Muslims get higher privileges than other religions.

why just bias for muslims. if there are laws they should treat everyone equally irrespective of religon. If a muslim says something bad about hinduism or say jews they should also be given death penalty then. Aint this makes Pakistan a hypocritic self proclamied better than others society.

The Blasphemy law that was a part of our constitution prior to Gen. Zia covered all religions.

It was altered under Gen. Zia to target Ahmadi's and Shia's.

Nawaz Sharif later added the death sentence as a punishment for blasphemy.

The Blasphemy law that was a part of our constitution prior to Gen. Zia covered all religions.

It was altered under Gen. Zia to target Ahmadi's and Shia's.

Nawaz Sharif later added the death sentence as a punishment for blasphemy.
today neither there is zia and nawaz sharif is not in power... remove it then

but aint the whole generation has been brainwashed to belive it in that its a requirement to keep their religon safe....

I cannot believe the arguments going on in this forum. Defending death for blasphemy? Seriously? Does human life and freedom of speech mean nothing? Sad part is there are educated and in all other aspects intelligent people supporting this.
Specifically speaking to Skylab, I understand you are a staunch Muslim and practice and protect your religion with fervor. But the key to every religion including Islam is the principles of humanity. Being Pure and even eating Halal means following a set of rules which the Prophet thought would enable people to live better lives as human beings. Killing another human is definitely not one of them.

today neither there is zia and nawaz sharif is not in power... remove it then

but aint the whole generation has been brainwashed to belive it in that its a requirement to keep their religon safe....

You asked a question in your first sentence and answered it yourself in the following line.

Years worth of brainwashing and damage cannot be undone just like that, a sustained campaign has to be started to reverse the damage caused by those times. Abolishing this law in a sudden and unnecessary manner would result in great calamities, look at what happened to Salman Taseer and he only wanted to alter the blasphemy law.

Almost all of the people in our ruling establishment agree that great damage has been done to Pakistan and all these laws, policies etc must go but they cannot just repeal them as certain people will take the law into their own hands.

What is happening now is that slowly the discourse of the nation is changing and hopefully in the future, we will be in a position to change such laws.

The ruling elite have learned a great lesson from all this and they are scrambling to make things better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom