What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Minorities identify with Pakistan, despite persecution: Report

Minorities in Pakistan connect strongly with a Pakistani national identity, even as they are persecuted on the basis of their religion, revealed a report released by Jinnah Institute.

The report, titled ‘A Question of Faith’, is a study compiled over the period December 2010-April 2011 and documents the deterioration in the political, social and economic status of members of religious minorities in Pakistan.

The rising tide of vigilante violence and extremism is threatening religious minorities in the country, says the report.

The report notes that the assassination of two prominent advocates of minority rights this year has led to an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. It also criticises the government for backing off from repealing, or even discussing, the country’s controversial blasphemy law.

The report was prepared in consultation with members of several religious minorities across the country, human rights organisations and policy experts.

Perhaps the confusion lies in FACT we have these small tiny nations , we need to join them and form a united country bring back Muslims to pre world war 1 levels in order to influence global politics

Before the first world war you were British subjects, like most of the people of the Ummah. I think it is not mentioned in mutala e Pakistan.

There are no "Liberals" as of I know.. they are "Anti Muslims" but like to hide themselves behind this "liberal" wording. A liberal is somebody who respects each religion and accepts all the teachings of all religions.. whereas these " Lousy Liberals " find Islam as the only reason of concern and deserving to be condemned and questioned.

Next time you hear somebody call himself "liberal".. don't have confusion that he is actually "Anti Islam" by default. He would accept 10 other religions but he will surely have some bakwas about Islam for sure.

Do these so called liberals recite Kalma? Do they believe in One God and Prophet Mohammad? Or have they confessed in front of you that they do not? I guess the one questioning another persons religion in this instance is no one but you yourself.

1732. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a person calls his brother (in Islam) a disbeliever, one of them will certainly deserve the title. If the addressee is so as he has asserted, the disbelief of the man is confirmed, but if it is untrue, then it will revert to him.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

You cannot encourage a non-muslim to be understanding and open-minded if you yourself are hot-tempered and hurling accusations at him/her. No non-muslim is going to respect you and it will certainly reflect badly on Islam if a Muslim, a representative of Islam, is narrow-minded.

In our schools, we begin with a pledge after singing the national anthem which starts like this..."India is my country. All Indians are my brothers and sisters.........etc etc".
We are being taught to think as "indians" and to contribute positively to the nation.

Text of the Pledge

"India is my country.
All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall respect my parents, teachers and all elders and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness.
"

A lot of Quranic verses are grossly misinterpreted & translated from Arabic to English. Also, punishment is advocated for both men & women. Islamic system is based on justice, & can sometimes serve harsh punishments that commit crimes. There has not been one successful Islamic society in this world in hundreds of years. Anyways, that's a whole other topic, but this is not the place to discuss this.

So the issue hangs back to misinterpretation, which to my mind clearly indicates the fact that Islam is yet to be understood wholly, because what to you is a misinterpretation may be the perfectly correct rendition of the Arabic verse to another Muslim. In that sense, the difference of opinion becomes quiet abstruse, a gap that I strongly suspect would always remain open.

Then what is the implication when you bring Islam out of individual belief boundaries to the domain of public affairs (and not in a sporadic way as currently prevailing)? It would be the descent of unruly chaos, the direction in which Pakistan has already tread. This is precisely the reason why intellectuals warn that personal beliefs should only remain personal.

I think, the greatest strength of the Islamic society would be when people voluntarily follow the basic tenets of Islam without engaging their mind on how others should be treated by the standards of their personal faith.

So the issue hangs back to misinterpretation, which to my mind clearly indicates the fact that Islam is yet to be understood wholly, because what to you is a misinterpretation may be the perfectly correct rendition of the Arabic verse to another Muslim. In that sense, the difference of opinion becomes quiet abstruse, a gap that I strongly suspect would always remain open.

Then what is the implication when you bring Islam out of individual belief boundaries to the domain of public affairs (and not in a sporadic way as currently prevailing)? It would be the descent of unruly chaos, the direction in which Pakistan has already tread. This is precisely the reason why intellectuals warn that personal beliefs should only remain personal.

I think, the greatest strength of the Islamic society would be when people voluntarily follow the basic tenets of Islam without engaging their mind on how others should be treated by the standards of their personal faith.

there are over 1 billion Muslims in the world (and growing exponentially).

obviously there will be arrays of views, interpretations and what have you. However the Quran is reasonably clear. It is on the internet where propaganda and mis-translations are, unfortunately, rife.

to put things into perspective, are there or are there not hindus who differ on certain issues --such as caste system, vegetarianism, etc. and on a general level -- interpretation of true ''hindutva'' ?

Text of the Pledge

"India is my country.
All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall respect my parents, teachers and all elders and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness.
"

beautiful.

to put things into perspective, are there or are there not hindus who differ on certain issues --such as caste system, vegetarianism, etc. and on a general level -- interpretation of true ''hindutva'' ?

To put things "back" into perspective, yes there are! However, the greatest difference being Hinduism is not and cannot be used as an instructional manual to administrative affairs. Hinduism schools of thought are always only suggestive and not assertive. The philosophy calls for voluntary gravitation towards cosmic principles of life, and the time people start projecting those philosophies to be assertive in nature, they would lose all their charm - their significance and their very case of existence. Try and push this idea inward.

yeah, u kinda lost me there buddy...

actually on Islam -- contrary to popular (propaganda), it is a consensus-based religion. There is to be no ''i am right, you are wrong'' type mentality provided there is rationale and no deviation from the teachings of Quran.

Yes it should be disturbing for India. People of Pakistan are not segregated in provincial mindset which India wants to use in Karachi or Baluchistan. :wave:

Excellent posts buddy!

Not sure why people are so eager to enforce their views and interpretations on others rather than letting everyone do what they want to.

As long as it is lawful and doesn't harm others, it should not concern anyone.

Somehow, it is always about forcing your views on others.

And that is your personal belief? Or is it a pre requisite of being a Pakistani?

Sir that's the fact that's why Islam is the fastest growing Religion in the world despite all the propaganda of the west

Excellent posts buddy!

Not sure why people are so eager to enforce their views and interpretations on others rather than letting everyone do what they want to.

As long as it is lawful and doesn't harm others, it should not concern anyone.

Somehow, it is always about forcing your views on others.

Sir Islam is not a religion it's a deen that is it's a whole way of life it includes how to run the government which laws to make and which we can't and which kind of Trades and Business are allowed and which are not

Sir Islam is not a religion it's a deen that is it's a whole way of life it includes how to run the government which laws to make and which we can't and which kind of Trades and Business are allowed and which are not

Indeed, Islam is not only a religion but a way of Life. The Quran provides all the guidelines from how to run a government and how to wage a jehad against the non believers. Besides, various Hadiths, following Prophet Mohammad's daily routines, give full idea about how to lead daily professional/personal life according to the Sunnah.

Therefore, Politics cannot be kept away from Islam,Politics is an important part of Islam and the fulfillment of Prophet's last prophecy that Islam will rule the world before Qayamat cannot be attained without Political overtures.

Back
Top Bottom