What's new

LY-80 (HQ-16) medium-range SAM supplied to Pakistan & Bangladesh: Report

i my self don,t like hasina but when some outsiders insult our primenister then i don,t like it. NO COUNTRY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUNISH BANGLADESH or bangladeshi people. whatever it is india, pakistan or china they should out of bd internal militry related matter. whatever bangladesh is lazy or smart it does not matter to me because BANGLADESH IS MY MOTHERLAND and we don,t care any one....................
bdflag.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif

every country is welcom to economical development in bangladesh, and what we want we can buy it from any one. because now days it,s the buyers market not the sallers. again welcome to bangladesh................:enjoy:
bdflag.gif
Guys.
Respect the man for his values. I have thanked his post. For those idiots who think Bangladesh is somehow inferior, look at statistics. Before the division of Pakistan they had more people who were educated and certainly post division our literacy rate went down. From a financial point of view they have come from a state where two of their currency was equal to one of yours to a state where the value of their currency is more than yours. Their exports(at least in textiles) and reserves exceed yours. So take a chill pill and respect one another. Hasina may be pro India but she does not reflect the mindset of the majority of Bangladeshi people. They are like us muslims and peace loving people. So give the rhetoric a rest!!
Araz

Guys.
Respect the man for his values. I have thanked his post. For those idiots who think Bangladesh is somehow inferior, look at statistics. Before the division of Pakistan they had more people who were educated and certainly post division our literacy rate went down. From a financial point of view they have come from a state where two of their currency was equal to one of yours to a state where the value of their currency is more than yours. Their exports(at least in textiles) and reserves exceed yours. So take a chill pill and respect one another. Hasina may be pro India but she does not reflect the mindset of the majority of Bangladeshi people. They are like us muslims and peace loving people. So give the rhetoric a rest!!
Araz

I agree with your post.

Just a little correction, she does reflect the majority of people. That's how how she got elected PM because more people voted for her than anyone else.

I agree with your post.

Just a little correction, she does reflect the majority of people. That's how how she got elected PM because more people voted for her than anyone else.
Votes and mindset are two different things. Please understand that. There are plenty of reasons votes are cast but mindsets are a totally different ballgame.
Araz

I agree with your post.

She represent people of BD? Then how come more than 50% constituencies were with no competition and candidate of BAL won unopposed on them?

Guys.
Araz
thank,s brother.................solder does not start war it,s the polaticien who start war. BUT it,s the solder who pay with there BLOOD thats my MOTTO.
I always want to be a solder but rejected by ARMY for my phycisal health, they say i am not fit for physical standerd. army officer only saw my physical standerd but they don,t saw my dignity...........:(

She represent people of BD? Then how come more than 50% constituencies were with no competition and candidate of BAL won unopposed on them?

I have no idea but may be because there were no good alternative candidates to oppose the oppose BAL?

If you alleging election rigging then ofcourse if would be good to have some evidence.

Votes and mindset are two different things. Please understand that. There are plenty of reasons votes are cast but mindsets are a totally different ballgame.
Araz

Mindsets often translate to votes. For eg when there was anti-war mindset in US, Obama on an anti-war platform won the elections. In India there was an anti -corruption and pro development mindset hence congress got voted out and BJP got voted in. I think that's how democracy works.

In Kashmir region there is an anti BJP mindset thats why inspite of BJP being on an election willing Blitzkrig didn't manage to win a single seat.

I am not saying that there is no such thing as fear, intimidation and bribery in elections but their influence is often over-stated and strictly transient.

irrelevant question
the question should have been
why Bangladesh needs that SAM system and who against? it cant be India because they are trading 71 surrender picture and the wheel of the Indian ship. and even if it is against India then BSF is on the ground not in the air.

Coming back to the topic of SAM. India will be fielding the world's most advanced SAM Akash which has a range of 25 km built by space age agency DRDO. Please pray it works.

why Bangladesh needs that SAM system and who against? it cant be India because they are trading 71 surrender picture and the wheel of the Indian ship. and even if it is against India then BSF is on the ground not in the air.

Why not against India? Politics is very fickle. There was an ugly border clash in 2000-2001 between BSF and bangladesh rifles.

They also have serious border (and now religious) issues against Myanmar. And though the burmese air force may not be so powerful but still helicopters and simple fighters can cause problems for infantry and other ground forces.

And trading pictures and wheels is nothing more than PR exercise. A lot of media hype was posted during the Lahore bus journey of 98 and a lot of cheesy sentimentality was being evoked by bringing in renowned Indians who have roots in Pakistan. A lot of talk about bhaichara and peace. What happened next? The Kargil war.

Indian and Pakistani leaders keep gifting mundane stuff like mangoes, sarees and whatever comes to their mind. Ground reality is always different.

irrelevant question

It is not an idealistic world where countries only buy weapons when there is an imminent threat. Case in point Switzerland which has a defense budget in excess of 5 Billion USD and compulsory conscription for all able bodied males when they reach majority in age. Now what threat does swiss face?

IMHO its always better to be prepared beforehand in case of conflicts then rely on your allies and get caught unprepared

irrelevant question
:blah::blah::blah::blah: oh men not again, "any air force who want to violate BD AIR-SPACE will be shoot down it,s simple is that".........................:hitwall:

Last edited:
I have no idea but may be because there were no good alternative candidates to oppose the oppose BAL?

If you alleging election rigging then ofcourse if would be good to have some evidence.

Because all the other parties boycotted the elections. If more than 50% of your seats have gone unopposed then it shows lack of representation by other parties and hence boycott by a large section of BD population.

Because all the other parties boycotted the elections. If more than 50% of your seats have gone unopposed then it shows lack of representation by other parties and hence boycott by a large section of BD population.

Your logic is a fallacy as it would be very convenient for a party behind in polls and no chance of winning to call a boycott and hence claim the elected govt is illegal.

Voter turn-out was 51.27% which is in line with previous elections and compares favorably with the avg voter turnout.

How can you claim that this election was boycotted by majority if BD population? when voter turn out was similar to previous elections

I truly respect your stand :tup:. No matter how you feel about your leader/s, you are putting your country forward. That's great and nations with people like this, go forward.

@Norwegian @TankMan @Horus @Oscar @MastanKhan : gents, see the above. I wish the Pakistanis acted in this regards when it came to their own prime minister. No matter how one feels about someone in power, you give them proper respect as that person or a team is running your country and they are the image behind the flag at that time. Right or wrong, can be decided after they leave.

Why do the Pakistanis not understand that their internal mess, is for them to know and deal with. Outside of it, on international forums, and places, they need to show ONE Pakistan. Like the gentleman in the above post is showing, or the Indians or the Americans show???

Well said, the only institution which an overwhelming majority of Pakistanis won't take any criticism on would be Pakistan Army, politicians forget about it. PA position is not because of some misplaced notion, During Musharraf era, military was severely criticized for its role and that criticism continued well into Kayani era, but its back in full force. On the other hand all politicians did was loot and plunder. This is a discussion for another time.
You also have to appreciate the fact that we are open to constructive criticism and are the first ones to accept what is wrong with our country, as long as the criticism remains within reasonable limits but not for the sake of criticism. For the most part we are not suffering from any inferiority or superiority complex, well most of us are not, unlike our neighbors. I can assure you if you wish to have a honest open discussion we are all up for it, criticism within reasonable limits is welcome.
Unlike defending our wrongs no matter what, it is a sign of open mindedness that we share our opinions openly, it is our right to criticize our politicians but that does not mean outsiders can have their way.

irrelevant question

Against flying carpets, since Tejas can't fly, lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom