What's new

LY-80 (HQ-16) medium-range SAM supplied to Pakistan & Bangladesh: Report

He is being sarcastic.

Tejas is most likely to end up in the dust-bin and sooner it does the better for India. It is not even a 4th gen aircraft and has design limitations. A small, light weight aircraft cannot carry a meaningful payload over long ranges. It was intended as a replacement for Mig-21 and Mig-21 is obsolete today.

India is investing in FGFA (fifth generation fighter aircraft) and should focus all their resources there instead of in LCA.
I think we need to give the devil its due! Tejas was not a bad venture, it is the people responsible for its build up who wanted to make it what it was not. If they had inducted it 10 yrs ago then developed it further as technology became available they would not have been in this conundrum. Even now if they look at the experience gained, realize their limitations and put money and effort into another project they will eventually come out on top. I agree that the design of Tejas will not allow much more in the way of improvements but it can still be a test bed for future technology developments. I think it is wrong to say it has been a failure, it has been a failure of the policy makers and has fallen into the trap of wanting to be the best and ending up being non existent.
A

Last edited:
I have a serious concern on this procurement because what ever Pak buy Bangladesh buys similar if u look the list Ak tank FM 90 LY 80 China should not sell it's weapons to Bangladesh becoz puppet of India hasina is sitting in Bangladesh there are concerns they give weaknesses of these systems to India so they use against us in counter our assets

I have a serious concern on this procurement because what ever Pak buy Bangladesh buys similar if u look the list Ak tank FM 90 LY 80 China should not sell it's weapons to Bangladesh becoz puppet of India hasina is sitting in Bangladesh there are concerns they give weaknesses of these systems to India so they use against us in counter our assets
that what i am afraid of too

Back
Top Bottom