What's new

LY-80 (HQ-16) medium-range SAM supplied to Pakistan & Bangladesh: Report

there is a term that called battlefield requirment, IS not it possible that bd army and pak army,s requirment is same example = counter mig-29, su-30 mki etc........... and don,t you know that pakistan army supply us there MLRS, ATGM and also intersted to sell JF-17.............:coffee:

Look man its nothing against the Bangladeshi people, but that leader of yours, we have every reason to be careful of her intent. Yes Pakistan has been providing weapon system in the past i think that is going to change unless BD changes its hostile attitude towards us.
I also believe that Hasina's government is an imposed government by India otherwise she would have never gotten to power. Khalida Zia on the other hand is much moderate.
Pakistan would want good relations with BD but not while you give pictures of 71 to Modi as a gift. We have moved on and so should you.

And JF-17 was on the cards forget about it now.

There you go, Banglis more smarter than us in the world. Well said.

Just make sure your lazy prime minister (hindu?) doesn't allow to inspect Chinese LY-80, she loves India more than Banglis otherwise China will punish you severly.

:coffee:
i my self don,t like hasina but when some outsiders insult our primenister then i don,t like it. NO COUNTRY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUNISH BANGLADESH or bangladeshi people. whatever it is india, pakistan or china they should out of bd internal militry related matter. whatever bangladesh is lazy or smart it does not matter to me because BANGLADESH IS MY MOTHERLAND and we don,t care any one....................
bdflag.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif
army1.gif

Look man its nothing against the Bangladeshi people, but that leader of yours, we have every reason to be careful of her intent. Yes Pakistan has been providing weapon system in the past i think that is going to change unless BD changes its hostile attitude towards us.
I also believe that Hasina's government is an imposed government by India otherwise she would have never gotten to power. Khalida Zia on the other hand is much moderate.
Pakistan would want good relations with BD but not while you give pictures of 71 to Modi as a gift. We have moved on and so should you.

And JF-17 was on the cards forget about it now.
every country is welcom to economical development in bangladesh, and what we want we can buy it from any one. because now days it,s the buyers market not the sallers. again welcome to bangladesh................:enjoy:
bdflag.gif

Its Comparable to Akash But it Costly to Maintain Comparable to Akash

i my self don,t like hasina but when some outsiders insult our primenister then i don,t like it. NO COUNTRY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUNISH BANGLADESH or bangladeshi people.

I truly respect your stand :tup:. No matter how you feel about your leader/s, you are putting your country forward. That's great and nations with people like this, go forward.

@Norwegian @TankMan @Horus @Oscar @MastanKhan : gents, see the above. I wish the Pakistanis acted in this regards when it came to their own prime minister. No matter how one feels about someone in power, you give them proper respect as that person or a team is running your country and they are the image behind the flag at that time. Right or wrong, can be decided after they leave.

Why do the Pakistanis not understand that their internal mess, is for them to know and deal with. Outside of it, on international forums, and places, they need to show ONE Pakistan. Like the gentleman in the above post is showing, or the Indians or the Americans show???

I truly respect your stand :tup:. No matter how you feel about your leader/s, you are putting your country forward. That's great and nations with people like this, go forward.

@Norwegian @TankMan @Horus @Oscar @MastanKhan : gents, see the above. I wish the Pakistanis acted in this regards when it came to their own prime minister. No matter how one feels about someone in power, you give them proper respect as that person or a team is running your country and they are the image behind the flag at that time. Right or wrong, can be decided after they leave.

Why do the Pakistanis not understand that their internal mess, is for them to know and deal with. Outside of it, on international forums, and places, they need to show ONE Pakistan. Like the gentleman in the above post is showing, or the Indians or the Americans show???
Self respect is essential for a country, yes. But I hope you realize that self-respect is not limited to just not criticizing Nawaz Sharif. The exact same would apply to those of us who jump at every opportunity to speak against state institutions like the Army and write Op-Eds in foreign newspapers against our country's policies.

As for right here, this is a Pakistani Forum. We can discuss our internal mess on our own forums. We are under no obligation to hide it from international members for the sake of keeping up appearances. The exact same can be found on Indian forums, and I am sure you'll find the same in Bangladeshi forums if you were to go there.

The problem with ''Right or wrong can be decided after they leave'' is that they never leave. Internally, we ought to criticize them whenever possible.

Otherwise, yes, we really need to improve in the aspect of self-respect and international self-image. Chanting political slogans outside the UN building, for example, was a very immature thing and things like that should never happen again.
It doesn't help that a large amount of our expatriates suffer from acute inferiority complex and can't live without bashing their own countries.

Hi,

It is vey simple----it is all about the language----. Multiple languages----lawlessness----lack of justice----loot and plunder just takes the fight out of a man.

Strategically if pak feels that weapons BD purchases where they are the same poses a risk pak should stop buying them.... Very simple.

Chinese assessment obviously is somewhat different.

BD military is not particularly subservient to the politicians..... As much a scum BAL is it is entirely silly to believe that they will give an order to BD military to cooperate with Indians or that the later will comply.

BAL would not survive 24 hours if anyone in it gave such an order and that with them placing hand picked officers in key positions.

BD military is not particularly subservient to the politicians..... As much a scum BAL is it is entirely silly to believe that they will give an order to BD military to cooperate with Indians or that the later will comply.

BAL would not survive 24 hours if anyone in it gave such an order and that with them placing hand picked officers in key positions.

If you look internationally except for a few countries like Pakistan in every country military is subservient to civilian leadership.
Things may have been different in the past for BD but it is the sign of a stable, mature and prosperous country where military takes it cues from civilians.

Please don't impose your military supremacist mindset on other countries.

I am very happy that democracy and rule of law prevails in BD and they are free to make friends with whomever they want without military dictating foreign policy.

Thanks

Imran khan zindabad. PMLN Haram. PTI Halal. Nawaz shareef ganja mota. Shobaaz shareef blah blah blah blah

If you look internationally except for a few countries like Pakistan in every country military is subservient to civilian leadership.
Things may have been different in the past for BD but it is the sign of a stable, mature and prosperous country where military takes it cues from civilians.

Please don't impose your military supremacist mindset on other countries.

I am very happy that democracy and rule of law prevails in BD and they are free to make friends with whomever they want without military dictating foreign policy.

Thanks

In maters pertaining to national security the armed forces are somewhat independent of the government. This is one of the reasons we never buy any of our key defence systems from india, even though the hasina government would prefer the armed forces to be more closely allied to the indians, she would never try to impose that. If she did she would be in major danger and she knows that well.

Our major arms suppliers are China and Russia. The armed forces would never allow that relationship to be placed at risk by providing indians access to Chinese systems.

The HQ16A or LY-80 is a Chinese-made ground-to-air defence missile system which was introduce in the Chinese armed forces in September 2011. This is a land based version of the HQ-16 system used in ships (and fired from VLS (Vertical Launch System) containers. The HQ-16A is based on a joint development of the Russian Buk-M1 (SA-11 'Gadfly') and Ural/Buk-2M (SA-17 'Grizzly') Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) systems, for use from mobile ground vehicles and later from ships. The HQ-16A is able to engage aerial targets at high altitude; the mid-range HQ-16 is also able to intercept very low-flying targets at a distance of up to about 40 kilometers, filling the gap between the HQ-7 short-range SAM and the HQ-9 long-range SAM systems. The HQ-16A missile can hit targets of an altitude from 400 to 10,000 meters.

In maters pertaining to national security the armed forces are somewhat independent of the government. This is one of the reasons we never buy any of our key defence systems from india, even though the hasina government would prefer the armed forces to be more closely allied to the indians, she would never try to impose that. If she did she would be in major danger and she knows that well.

Our major arms suppliers are China and Russia. The armed forces would never allow that relationship to be placed at risk by providing indians access to Chinese systems.

Good enough. The reason seems fair as closer BD-India defense ties would put the access to Chinese weapons at risk.

Look all I am saying is BD Govt has a major input on who which country BD allies with be it China, Japan, India, Russia or US. BD will do whatever suits BD interests best.

You don't buy any key defense systems from India because India is really sh*t in terms of indeginous defense system. Russia and China are much better and cheaper

Back
Top Bottom