What's new

LCD / LED TV Suggestions and Help

i need a slim tv for my parents --- size in the 30 inches-preferably 3d ---not sure which option to choose ...sony/samsung .. lcd/led

the contrast on samsung generally looks too unatural/artificial ... but maybe its just me

would definately need some input .. and how much cash [pkr] would it set me back?

plasma TVs have better refresh rate which is good for 3d

i need a slim tv for my parents --- size in the 30s inches-preferably 3d ---not sure which option to choose ...sony/samsung .. lcd/led

the contrast on samsung generally looks too unatural/artificial ... but maybe its just me

would definately need some input .. and how much cash [pkr] would it set me back?

You are not alone, I felt the same when i saw samsung TV in showroom, compared with all other Brands Sony, Panasonic,etc.
Samsung - kinda washout/artificial contrast especially with Standard Definition Channels..

I liked Sony & Panasonic and finally took Sony as Panasonic service N/W suk$ bigtime in Chennai...

yes i already has PS 3 with me i heared there is some port in sony for wirless usage with other gadgets is that true why samsung not offering better in their tv almost price is the same but with sony im getting wifi internet USB with video etc

Friend, Samsung is the only brand that is not losing it in the market, have you read the latest report Sony, Sharp and a few more companies went into HUGE financial loss due to their poor equipment and sales. The only problem I find with Samsung is being expensive, other than that it is the only successfully surviving TV making company the rest are preparing for the worst and there is another bad new in the town even for Samsung, Apple is coming up with its TV retina display though not technologically superior stuff Samsung can make up to it the problem is the Brand Name that will fk even Samsung due to its popularity for some idiotic stuff that frankly I find nothing more than being carried by Burger People Society.

I don't go for brand but specification and price. I recently purchased 22 inch Technika(not popular brand) LCD TV from tesco. It has Built in DVD players/freeview, HDMI connection, VGA for using it as monitor, scart lead, AV connection, USB connection for playing videos, images from external hard drives or USB memory sticks etc. It has good quality sound and pictures and cost me only 140 pound.

The same LCD from sony/samsung cost me 100 pound extra so why should pay 100 extra just for brand name..

so , i went window shopping yesterday and as it turns out , there is no under 40'' 3d lcd/led/plasma tv from either sony or samsung available in pak

I couldnt judge the difference between plasma tv and lcds among relatively comparable price ranges.. also knowing the average quality of cable ... i might just get this tv without any hassle for 70k in 43''
TVs | 51-inch Plasma 490 Series Plasma TV | Samsung PN51D450A2D - Plasma TVs
Plasma 490 3D Series TV

--------------

VIERA UT50
42" | TC-P42UT50

42" 1080p Plasma | 3D | Internet enabled
Slightly 42" 1080p Plasma | 3D | Internet enabled
Slightly deeper blacks

*The 42" size was discontinued a few months

vs

VIERA ST30
50" | TC-P50ST30

Supports ISFccc
supports professional calibration to achieve the most accurate color reproduction
Has native 24p support
2:2 Pulldown @ 48Hz
Has CEC
VIERA Link
Bigger
50"

vs

LG LM6200

http://3d-tv-review.toptenreviews.com/

I have 2 Samsungs (LCD & LED) and 1 Panasonic (Plasma), Samsing is the market leader for LED/LCD if you want to go thet route. Plasma is the way to go though , no side angle viewing restrictions , too pronounced in LED , LCD is still better. But picture is v good with LED. Do not insist on internet functionality as it isnt a big deal

Aeronaut: What is the rationale for needing 3D?

I have a samsung and a vizio, like the vizio one better.

To me it's pretty simple- think about what size you want and what specs you want ie how many HDMI, PC connection,smart tv,3d etc and then go and find the cheapest of this partcular size with the spec you desire you can but stick to the "respectable" brands ie Samsung,Sony,LG etc

Samsung LED TV Rates in Pakistan
Samsung LED Back-lighting Technology delivers breakthrough picture quality, ultra slim design and uses less power. With mega contrast ratios and advanced internet connectivity features, these are Samsung’s best TVs ever.

Samsung Series 5 LED TV Price List

Samsung Series 5 UA46C5000 46-inch 3D LED TV Price – Rs.1,06,000
Samsung Series 5 UA40C5000 40-inch 3D LED TV Price – Rs.80,000
Samsung Series 5 UA37C5000 37-inch 3D LED TV Price – Rs.69,000
Samsung Series 5 UA32C5000 32-inch 3D LED TV Price – Rs.52,000
Samsung Series 5 UA26C4000 26-inch 3D LED TV Price – Rs.33,000

Samsung Series 6 LED TV Price List

Samsung UA32B6000VR 32-inch LED TV Price – Series 6 – Rs.69,000
Samsung UA40B6000VR 40-inch LED TV Price – Series 6 – Rs.1,20,000
Samsung UA46B6000VR 46-inch LED TV Price – Series 6 – Rs.1,40,000

Samsung Series 7 LED TV Price List

Samsung UA40B7000 40-inch LED TV Price – Series 7 – Rs.1,30,000
Samsung UA46B7000 46-inch LED TV Price – Series 7 – Rs.1,70,000
Samsung UA55B7000 55-inch LED TV Price – Series 7 – Rs.2,60,000

Samsung Series 8 LED TV Price List

Samsung UA55B8000 55-inch LED TV Price – Series 8 – Rs.3,50,000

Samsung LED TV Prices in Pakistan | Mr. A's Blog

Samsung LED TV - Pakistan

I had bought samsung galaxy s1 from homeshopping, I wonder if people buy TVs from them aswell.. particularly in light of the hassle of possible faults/repair cases

Back
Top Bottom