What's new

LCD / LED TV Suggestions and Help

3d tv

samsung e490/550 [2012] vs d490 [2011]any one?

*The E490 is improved with the Real Black Filter that was found on top tier models last year and improve the contrast of the plasma panel.*

this comparison is not tabular
Samsung PS-43D490 vs. Samsung PS-43E490

Samsung 40" EH6030 FULLHD 3D LED TV in Pakistan
Rs 70,490

Samsung 40" ES6200 FULLHD 3D LED TV in Pakistan
Rs 100,000
Save 13%
Rs 86,990

Samsung 43" E490 Series 4 3D Plasma TV in Pakistan
Rs 65,500

Samsung 40" ES6100 Series 6 Smart 3D LED TV in Pakistan
Rs 88,990

Samsung 43" D490 3D Plasma TV in Pakistan
Rs 71,990

LWcENCY.jpg
5bzvSuj.jpg
36HxCcW.png

yovxmCK.png

eiOCmZ0.png

KGnv4In.png

6Kboa4l.png

IQDmaBf.png
Y8KLXuH.png
enhkQyJ.png
Cu3osAj.png

eh6030
f6400
e550
es6500

---------------
so I got my list of 4 models based on the above charts and will go to the salesman and ask for any of these available in 40-43'' -- I had bought a d490 some time back and am comfortable with a 43'' screen

BS02Pi9.png

glasses-free 3D TV: DOLBY 3D, Dimenco, Ultra-D, Hisense, Vizio, Phillips, Haier

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a new 40'' tv. I've 3 options within the price range and need suggestions

sony kdl-40R452 [Rs69k]

samsung 40f5100 [Rs67k]

LG 42'' LN54 [Rs70k]

Do keep in mind, these are LED Backlit TVs and not real LED TVs.

Do keep in mind, these are LED Backlit TVs and not real LED TVs.
I just need it as a monitor [connecting it with my laptop] .. thought that if I add some more money I can get a decent tv, so went with the 40'' options [there are rare instances that you get a smaller led tv than 40'' in pak and the price difference isnt that huge either]

which one is better of the 3? lg has 120hz refresh rate if that matters -- I think all are true hd, have usb/hdmi option - I dont know much of the latest series specs comparisons 2013/14 or if the led technology generation has been improved by certain company -- generally i've heard better reviews of lg

Last edited:
I will jump in. I haven't gone through all the postings - it's too much to read in one sitting. I don't know if this fine point has been covered.

LCD TV and LED TV are the same using LCD screen. The so called LED TV only pertains to LED backlit. The display itself is still LCD. A LCD TV uses conventional backlit.

A true LED TV is very expensive, only multi-millionaires could afford. This display is called OLED.

Depends on what you like to use the TV for. I prefer plasma. Plasma provides excellent contrast ratio which LCD/LED TV could not match. Plasma TV can display true black for example while LCD can only display dark dark gray. Because of it, a picture/movie on a plasma display appears more vivid.

I need a new 40'' tv. I've 3 options within the price range and need suggestions

sony kdl-40R452 [Rs69k]

samsung 40f5100 [Rs67k]

LG 42'' LN54 [Rs70k]

Have you look for Samsung smart TV 40" F5500 Series 5 LED, bought it for one of the living rooms.

Price: paid 74000/- including TV mount without 70,000/-, personally I think this smart tv should cost around 67000/- but i guess it was only 1 set left and i badly needed one. I understand price in US/CAN might be cheaper than in Pakistan due to import taxes and their profit. It is an excellent HD LED TV using it for the past 3 weeks for gaming and general tv/cable

Specs - LED TV UN40F5500AF | Samsung TVs

Last edited:
I just need it as a monitor [connecting it with my laptop] .. thought that if I add some more money I can get a decent tv, so went with the 40'' options [there are rare instances that you get a smaller led tv than 40'' in pak and the price difference isnt that huge either]

which one is better of the 3? lg has 120hz refresh rate if that matters -- I think all are true hd, have usb/hdmi option - I dont know much of the latest series specs comparisons 2013/14 or if the led technology generation has been improved by certain company -- generally i've heard better reviews of lg

I prefer Samsung over LG. Also the LED & LCD TV's don't last as long(around 5 years) as the good old CRT's. So do keep that in mind

LED TV Reviews – Best LED TVs by Samsung, LG, etc.

there are 3 types of led based lcd
Local-Dimming LED vs Edge-Lit LED ,
Direct-lit LED without local dimming

-- so in which category do the 3 models I posted above fall under?
regards

The title LED TV is misleading.

The individual pixels are made of liquid crystals. However, you cannot see them unless they are lit by another light source. This light source in large panels like TVs used to be from Cold Cathode Tubes. However, the miniaturization of LEDs and the increase in their brightness has made it possible to use LEDs as this light source.

True LED displays are those in which each pixel is actually a LED itself. Since LEDs so small are not yet possible on cheaper prices we don't have true LED displays.

There are AMOLED displays, but then they are not in mass production and are very expensive.

Just get the TV you like the most. Most brands, Samsung, LG etc are good.

Korean companies have made a tremendous effort in putting out high quality. the Likes of SONY are now gone.

I was looking for LED backlit TVs, Samsung seemed the right choice. Great picture quality and good after sales support.

Other than that all are made in China/Taiwan/Korea so don't really expect too much,

The best display is actually Plasma, but they are going down in popularity because people want cheap TVs.

We had a 52 inch plasma at our home, had to spent copious amount of money on it's repair. So decided to replace it after only using for 4 years. We now got a LED backlit TVs, and i am sure the same story will repeat again.

Quality of consumer electronics is going down, because people judge a TV by it's cost. Everyone wants cheap TVs. So you get what you pay for.

Long gone are the days when brands like SONY Trinitron or JVC actually meant quality.

Last edited:
The title LED TV is misleading.

The individual pixels are made of liquid crystals. However, you cannot see them unless they are lit by another light source. This light source in large panels like TVs used to be from Cold Cathode Tubes. However, the miniaturization of LEDs and the increase in their brightness has made it possible to use LEDs as this light source.

True LED displays are those in which each pixel is actually a LED itself. Since LEDs so small are not yet possible on cheaper prices we don't have true LED displays.

There are AMOLED displays, but then they are not in mass production and are very expensive.

Just get the TV you like the most. Most brands, Samsung, LG etc are good.

Korean companies have made a tremendous effort in putting out high quality. the Likes of SONY are now gone.

I was looking for LED backlit TVs, Samsung seemed the right choice. Great picture quality and good after sales support.

Other than that all are made in China/Taiwan/Korea so don't really expect too much,

The best display is actually Plasma, but they are going down in popularity because people want cheap TVs.

We had a 52 inch plasma at our home, had to spent copious amount of money on it's repair. So decided to replace it after only using for 4 years. We now got a LED backlit TVs, and i am sure the same story will repeat again.

Quality of consumer electronics is going down, because people judge a TV by it's cost. Everyone wants cheap TVs. So you get what you pay for.

Long gone are the days when brands like SONY Trinitron or JVC actually meant quality.
LG is a bigger screen 42'' and is giving me 2year warranty however in terms of quality of led, people advise me to go towards sony/samsung-- personally i wasnt able to differentiate any display difference between the two, today.. both sony/samsung seemed better displays than lg when running same video.-- these 2 however have one year warranty

I think all 3 are recent models 2013
In terms of cost, there is negligible difference
samsung<sony< lg
lg being 3-4k costlier

:undecided::undecided:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom