What's new

Khalistan !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it could.. but it doesnt mean they want lahore either. since they only mention areas in Indian punjab, lahore is not very important on their list. that's because no sikhs live there.

Regardless, "real" Khalistanis want the entire Punjab region whether you believe it or not. It doesn't matter about the populations of Sikhs because the movement is primarily based on the concept of a "true homeland" for the Punjabi peoople whether Hindu, Muslim or Sikh. Finally, the movement is dead save for a few hardcore fanatics. The only way it might possibly be reignited again, in my opinion, is if Kashmir is allowed independence from India and Pakistan.

they can take whatever they like as long as they leave Azad Punjab (especially Lahore --which is almost as holy to Pakistanis as Makkah and Medina are)

im sure our visa regulations would be quite lax though, given that sardars are generally well received during their holy pilgrimage to Pakistan

india should compensate sikhs for operation blue star 1984 in the form of khalistan ,indian punjab assembly should pass a resolution and leave rest to sikh regiment:agree:

strategically, khalistan would be a great asset to pakistan forming a buffer zone that would keep hindu india busy

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Regardless, "real" Khalistanis want the entire Punjab region whether you believe it or not. It doesn't matter about the populations of Sikhs because the movement is primarily based on the concept of a "true homeland" for the Punjabi peoople whether Hindu, Muslim or Sikh. Finally, the movement is dead save for a few hardcore fanatics. The only way it might possibly be ignited again, in my opinion, was if Kashmir were allowed independence.

many thousands are sikhs marched for it. it's not extinct. it's hibernating.

i'll place a bet that india will be divided into many little countries like it always has been within 30 years.

don't start with pakistan will be. it's an observation about india.

they can take whatever they like as long as they leave Azad Punjab (especially Lahore --which is almost as holy to Pakistanis as Makkah and Medina are)

im sure our visa regulations would be quite lax though, given that sardars are generally well received during their holy pilgrimage to Pakistan

Well, like I've been trying to point out to everyone, Khalistan wants the entire region including Indian Punjab, Pakistan Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. It's focus is to unite all Punjabi people and don't let it's name fool you. It simply means "land of the pure" in Punjabi similar to how Pakistan means "land of the pure" in Urdu and Farsi.

As I've repeated multiple times, it would be against the interest of both India and Pakistan.

[/QUOTE]
strategically, khalistan would be a great asset to pakistan forming a buffer zone that would keep hindu india busy

God Know , If Khalistan Is Formed Including Punjab Region in India and Pakistan ... what will be Left In pakistan ?
and Yes There is Balochistan Issue too :azn:

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

many thousands are sikhs marched for it. it's not extinct. it's hibernating.

i'll place a bet that india will be divided into many little countries like it always has been within 30 years.

don't start with pakistan will be. it's an observation about india.

It is essentially "dead." I suppose you could say it's hibernating to an extent but it really has very little backing save for "fanaticals" liked I've mentioned already. You can believe whatever you desire about India dividng into separate smaller states but I don't need to start with "Pakistan" will be as you have already mentioned it for me.

The fact is I don't see either India or Pakistan losing any of their current territory.

Also, I thought I'd point out that some of so called "Khalistanis" claiming they only want India Punjab are essentially playing mind games. What they truly want is to rejoin the entire Punjab region.

as i said earlier, they can have their land as long as it dont affect us :)

Lahore is the heart and soul of Pakistan -- and i'm from the tribal areas and I'm professing this truth!

as i said earlier, they can have their land as long as it dont affect us :)

Lahore is the heart and soul of Pakistan -- and i'm from the tribal areas and I'm professing this truth!

It will effect Pakistan whether its supporters in Pakistan believe it or not. Lahore was the heart and soul of the Punjab region and a "true" Khalistani supporter would want the entirety of Pakistan Punjab as well.

mehh!!! they can be granted more liberal visa policies....regardless they have to come to Lahore for their holy festivals. Lahore wuud undoubtedly remain under Pakistani banner :)

the RSS does want the extermination of Sikhism from India. The BJP are an extension of RSS.

"The Congress and the BJP’s track record of relations with non-Hindu minorities have been horrible. The Congress had organized massacres of the Sikhs in November 1984 and this was emulated by the BJP against Muslim minority 18 years later in Gujarat. Similarly, the Congress destroyed Akal Takht in June 1984 whereas the BJP brought Babri Masjid to rubble in 1992.

The Congress has patronized, funded and encouraged “godmen” and fake dera’s to create divisions amongst Sikhs whereas the ideology of Hindutva was to eliminate all diversity from the subcontinent and impose ‘one nation and one culture’ theory on its people."
'Khalistan Declaration Day' Observed: Sikhs desire for their own self-rule @ www.punjabnewsline.com

BJP + RSS = Hindutva.

They are using divide & conquer on the Sikhs.

Khalistan is a big issue still even though Sikhs may not mention it in public.

If it isnt mentioned in public, then did the Indian Sikhs confide to you in private? How exactly are you privy to this information?

And using the "rally" in Canada would be the stupidest way to prove that point since Canadian Sikhs have zero say on Indian policy towards the state of Punjab.....Only the Indian Sikhs matter to India and it seems they are content with the current scenario...

Again...stop trying to be more Sikh than the Sikhs...You Pakistanis need to learn how much you embarass your country through such uninformed opinions....
Because of the constant obsession with Conspiracy theories and such idiotic comments, most of your countrymen are not taken seriously...Its a pity and a shame...Bad apple!

mehh!!! they can be granted more liberal visa policies....regardless they have to come to Lahore for their holy festivals. Lahore wuud undoubtedly remain under Pakistani banner :)

The Khalistan situation is actually very similar to the Pashtunistan and Balochistan situations. Although, I'd say they are different in their own right. Pashtunistan is against the interest of all Afghan minorities like Tajiks, Hazara etc. and even the Baloch because some of it's maps would include Balochistan because of its large Pashtun population. Balochistan I'd say is more similar because it seeks to reunite Balochistan with Sistan and Baluchestan into the greater "Balochistan" region.

I'm just pointing out the similarities. Not supporting or condoning the movements.

If it isnt mentioned in public, then did the Indian Sikhs confide to you in private? How exactly are you privy to this information?

And using the "rally" in Canada would be the stupidest way to prove that point since Canadian Sikhs have zero say on Indian policy towards the state of Punjab.....Only the Indian Sikhs matter to India and it seems they are content with the current scenario...

Again...stop trying to be more Sikh than the Sikhs...You Pakistanis need to learn how much you embarass your country through such uninformed opinions....
Because of the constant obsession with Conspiracy theories and such idiotic comments, most of your countrymen are not taken seriously...Its a pity and a shame...Bad apple!

He's a troll and thinks he can speak for Punjabi Sikhs or for any population for that matter. Although Khalistan is likely alive in Indian Punjabis to a small extent, it is highly unlikely to become a big issue anytime soon unless Kashmir is given freedom from both India and Pakistan.

The truth is tht Khalistan issue is in "Hibernation" and it just needs a little spark.

^ Exactly, Khalistan movement needs organized leadership. In this we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom