What's new

Kashmiri women are strictly forbidden from nose piercing

I am myself a kashmiri from srinagar.But nose piercings are not forbidden,but in old generation there was a cliche that if u are from low caste then u pirce ur left nostril and if u are from high caste then you pirce ur right nostril.Younger generation abstains from nose piercings as it looks old fashioned and gives an impression that u r not well educated and r indecent in behaviour.We eat rice coz of our climate.It is better suited due to our weather.But yes we kashmiries have very high intellect(no offence intended).The best poets and the best intellects.Although we are coward and would prefer pen to sword.

Kashmiris are "coward" and would prefer pen to sword:o:, I think you are some kashmiri hindu pandit. We are kashmiri muslims in punjab and we do not hold any cowardice, actually some of the most agressive hot headed people in central punjab belong to kashmiri muslims. I think this also confirms that kashmiri muslim Batt/Butt in punjab are NOT descended from hindu brahmins because our personalities are totally different from whatever you wrote. And about Nose piercing it is "Strictly" forbidden irrespective of the side of the nose.

Kashmiris are "coward" and would prefer pen to sword:o:, I think you are some kashmiri hindu pandit. We are kashmiri muslims in punjab and we do not hold any cowardice, actually some of the most agressive hot headed people in central punjab belong to kashmiri muslims. I think this also confirms that kashmiri muslim Batt/Butt in punjab are NOT descended from hindu brahmins because our personalities are totally different from whatever you wrote. And about Nose piercing it is "Strictly" forbidden irrespective of the side of the nose.
Well brother i am a muslim and strictly from srinagar.I know the ground situation here.I know it is disgraceful,but fortunately or unfortunately we are not as brave or aggresive as pathans.Infact if a kid is seen as brave here,we call them pathan lovingly.I think itz the sufi influence which has made us more sober.If you see the agitation in 2010 or later,we preffered to pick up stones rather than gun.

These indians like @SarthakGanguly came here to troll, and that's exactly what they did. No one gave them attention but they flooded the thread with irrelevant posts. They are not here on PDF to learn, but to teach us Pakistanis, despite them being here for years.

Well brother i am a muslim and strictly from srinagar.I know the ground situation here.I know it is disgraceful,but fortunately or unfortunately we are not as brave or aggresive as pathans.Infact if a kid is seen as brave here,we call them pathan lovingly.I think itz the sufi influence which has made us more sober.If you see the agitation in 2010 or later,we preffered to pick up stones rather than gun.

You dont make much sense. The pathans are the best Sufis.

Pashtun Sufi Khanqahs are famous in Pakistan. Even Qaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah went to a Pakhtun Sufi Khanqa in Nowshera to win Support for Pakistan.

But the Kashmiris have toughened up to be brave young men now masha allah. Hence the stone pelting of the Indian army.

Then the culture in kashmir has probably degraded in the last 200 years of slavery under dogra and hindu occupation. Most of the kashmiri muslims who migrated to punjab came from villages of kashmir (not srinagar) before the tyrant dogra hindu occupation of kashmir and we carry the genes of non-coward kashmiris and the culture of non-slave kashmiris.

What do Kashmiris back home think of Kashmiris in Punjab?

Then the culture in kashmir has probably degraded in the last 200 years of slavery under dogra and hindu occupation. Most of the kashmiri muslims who migrated to punjab came from villages of kashmir (not srinagar) before the tyrant dogra hindu occupation of kashmir and we carry the genes of non-coward kashmiris and the culture of non-slave kashmiris.

Where do the Kashmiris of Baramulla fit in?

I wanted to ask Kashmiri members here...what are your reasons for such deep attachment to an increasingly old heritage? Most Kashmiris in Punjab who I know in real life seem so Punjabi that you wouldn't realise they are Kashmiri till they told you their surname.

What do you mean 'seem so Punjabi' ? :what:

We are Punjabis because a Punjabi is an inhabitant of Punj-Aab - the Land of the 5 Rivers; which means everyone from an ethnic Kashmiri to an ethnic Baluch can be a Punjabi & they are !

By the way, for those who have seen the PTV comedy play Khawaja and Son, was it portraying a Kashmiri family in Punjab? Khawaja is a kashmiri surname.

These indians like @SarthakGanguly came here to troll, and that's exactly what they did. No one gave them attention but they flooded the thread with irrelevant posts. They are not here on PDF to learn, but to teach us Pakistanis, despite them being here for years.

You dont make much sense. The pathans are the best Sufis.

Pashtun Sufi Khanqahs are famous in Pakistan. Even Qaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah went to a Pakhtun Sufi Khanqa in Nowshera to win Support for Pakistan.
Maybe brother you don't have much knowledge about kashmir then.I don't mean there are not sufis elsewhere.But kashmir is a melting pot of all the four sufi offshoots.A new sufi offshoot namely rishism(not to be confused with hindu rishism) emanated from kashmir.

By the way, for those who have seen the PTV comedy play Khawaja and Son, was it portraying a Kashmiri family in Punjab? Khawaja is a kashmiri surname.

It was representing the mind of "Ata ul haq qasmi" who wrote that serial, it had nothing to do with kashmiris.

You are a Kashmiri Muslim ? :unsure:

Well it is partly true that the hundred year slavery has created a fear psychosis and changed our way of living.But i would repeat ,we are intrinsicly more sober ,maybe due to sufi influence.We are more drawn towards intellectual things.

You are a Kashmiri Muslim ? :unsure:[/quote
Is it too difficult to believe ?

Well it is partly true that the hundred year slavery has created a fear psychosis and changed our way of living.But i would repeat ,we are intrinsicly more sober ,maybe due to sufi influence.We are more drawn towards intellectual things.

Well alhamdulillah salafi influence is growing there at a very fast rate. Whichever kashmiri freedom page there is on facebook has salafi leanings.

Is it too difficult to believe?

No...not difficult but its rarely we get a member here from Occupied Kashmir !

So how are you Brother ? :)

I'm an ethnic Kashmiri too with roots from Khrew !

Back
Top Bottom