What's new

John Bolton wants U.S. to get tough on Pakistan after fall of Afghanistan

I would take him seriously but right now Americans seems to be confused and you can expect anything from them

when I was growing up, I used to hear in everything ‘America ki saazish hai’

this is conspiracy of America

nowadays I am heating Americans saying… this is conspiracy of Pakistan… I am hoping sanity will prevail when they realise ground realities and in my opinion America will need Pakistan for a very long time so they wouldn’t want to upset us too much

Unfortunately US doesn't reflect any of this. Their paranoia against Pakistan increases every day.

We used to read about such things in Tom Clancy novels. Today the Washington Post is entertaining such wild ideas by an ex US official in their podcast. I wouldn't take this lightly at all. The US end goal is clear. They have sought to dismantle Pak nukes for decades now as Bolton has admitted. Before such open confessions by senior US figures used to be conveyed behind closed doors or based on anonymity. Today we are openly hearing them on Washington Post podcasts.

Can Pakistan even have a working relationship with a hostile country that has set its eyes on dismantling our national security? We often live on the pretext that the US needs Pakistan. What if US doesn't need Pakistan anymore? What if sanity doesn't prevail? What if the Americans do decide to upset Pakistan? That too is a possible outcome. Judging by our response thus far I don't think we are fully prepared to deal with the fallout.

These revelations shouldn't be shrugged off as who cares. Pakistan should care or it might end up very badly.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be laughing. At this rate Sleepy Joe is going to lose and Trump going to be the next president.

Couldn't defeat taliban..

Want to capture nuclear weapons of Pakistan??
Great

Days of great American superpower are numbered

Pak needs to speed up the reality without the US intervention and scrutiny for every nook and corner.....

Anyway, Pak has enough leverage to put these rednecks onto their places....

By the by, the real issue for the USA is the normal folks vs these rednecks who can't be bailed out every time....

Pak needs to speed up the reality without the US intervention and scrutiny for every nook and corner.....

Essentially Bolton admits that Pakistan has outsmarted US undertakings to gather covert intel on Pak nukes. We need to face the stark reality that other than our nuclear weapons the US has no other interest in developing a genuinely workable relationship. The entire premise of US engagement with Pakistan is more often based on nuclear paranoia.

Bolton also claims that Pakistan is posturing with Chinese and regional cooperation LOL The American butthurt is pretty extreme.
Its not stunning. It was their game from day 1.. Got defeated in own game

In hindsight, it has been a double whammy for Pakistan. US/NATO Afghan exit and regional cooperation set to pave the way. American butthurt is understandable from their perspective. 20 years gone to utter waste and not a single objective met.

Essentially Bolton admits that Pakistan has outsmarted US undertakings to gather covert intel on Pak nukes. We need to face the stark reality that other than our nuclear weapons the US has no other serious interest in developing a serious workable relationship. The entire premise of US engagement with Pakistan is more often based on nuclear paranoia.

Bolton also claims that Pakistan is posturing with Chinese and regional cooperation LOL The American butthurt is pretty extreme.
Keep your friends close, but enemies closer.....

This hard nosed and erratic redneck's bosses know the true potential of Pak...

Washington is full of lobbyist.
This time indian lobbyists must have hired him. But yes he has been anti pakistan historically. But he is nobody in this regime and even removed in the previous ones.
All he can do is lobby against us and makes mind of those who matter.

Such elements exist in an overdose. Of course such paranoia from the American side isn't something unfamiliar. Nevertheless shockingly candid. Today we hear such frank confessions from political figures that have served at the highest level. We are not the conspiracy theorists that we once used to be labeled.

I think U.S. think tanks are becoming like Indian think tanks who; even after every humiliation; asks their govt to do surgical strikes

Trump's former national security adviser says the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan presents an opportunity for the United States to confront Pakistan over its ties to the Taliban and nuclear stockpile.

John Bolton wants U.S. to get tough on Pakistan after fall of Afghanistan

Trump's former national security adviser says the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan presents an opportunity for the United States to confront Pakistan over its ties to the Taliban and nuclear stockpile.

Friday, August 27, 2021

Play episode

When he served as national security adviser, John R. Bolton resisted President Donald Trump’s efforts to negotiate with the Taliban. Bolton left the White House on acrimonious terms a week after the president tried unsuccessfully to organize a secret summit with Taliban leaders at Camp David – just before the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in 2019.

Islamabad and Washington have long had an alliance, but Pakistan's military and intelligence services have been uncomfortably tight with the Taliban. Four presidents have grudgingly put up with this duplicity since 2001 because Pakistan provided supply lines for the United States' military presence next door – and also because Pakistan has an arsenal of nuclear weapons.

In an op-ed for The Post, Bolton makes the case that the time has come to take a much harder line on Pakistan.

Pakistan's national security adviser said in an interview with Josh Rogin that the country wants to be treated like an ally, not a scapegoat.

Neocon losers should keep their mouth shut. No one has time for their failed nonsensical policies and foolish strategies designed only for the sake of Israel.

I think U.S. think tanks are becoming like Indian think tanks who; even after every humiliation; asks their govt to do surgical strikes

This Bolton isn't just some ordinary think tank member. He has served at higher levels. The anti-Pakistan venom is shared among most elite political figures and policy makers in US circles.

This Bolton isn't just some ordinary think tank member. He has served at high levels. The anti-Pakistan venom is shared among most elite political figures and policy makers in US circles.

Ordinary or high level, saying this kind of non-sense on the eve of defeat by the hands of the most backward group just shows their mental capacity.

Neocon losers should keep their mouth shut. No one has time for their failed nonsensical policies and foolish strategies designed only for the sake of Israel.

It is important to listen and comprehend very carefully. Our enemies are dead serious. When they utter these words and feelings they really mean it in its entirety.

Back
Top Bottom