What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

JF-17 SPJ POD
JF-17 SPJ POD.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but just a question I hope you don't mind.

Anypne with an idea whether the RWR/MAWS suite on the JF-17 has ever been confirmed? My notes say the complete EW suite is an INDRA setup (Spain) but for the RWR antennas I'm not sure. Some say they look like ALR-400s, but I don't know!

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but just a question I hope you don't mind.

Anypne with an idea whether the RWR/MAWS suite on the JF-17 has ever been confirmed? My notes say the complete EW suite is an INDRA setup (Spain) but for the RWR antennas I'm not sure. Some say they look like ALR-400s, but I don't know!

Deino, I'm not sure about the RWR antennas, but the MAWS sensors on the Block III appear to be the same IR based system as used on the J-10, as apposed to the previous UV based MAWS on the Block I and II aircraft.

Rwr is ALR400 DUAL configuration whereas MAWS is Chinese SE2 while some blk-2s have ALE-57 as well. KG600 is the standard ecm pod for now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom