What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Why you think it's comparable to F16C/D? JF17 Block-3 is definitely better than F16C/D. You can compare it at least on par with UAE F16 (Block-70).
Hi,

he is just winging it left and right---.

It is not just what the customer wants---. It is what the US would allow to sell in its hemisphere---.

Cheap is bad, Cost Effective is also not a good one. With Block-3 in hand our narrative should revolve around quality, capability, weapon package and no strings attached. Just my personal view.

exactly, there is no such thing as cheap or cost effective. are these only features for a fighter jet left with them to tell?

i hope someone goes there and ask upon this repetitive mantra of cheap and cost effective,
"is there anything else besides these two qualities that can make a difference?"

the whole world know JF-17 is cheap and cost effective. no wonder if people would pass by JF-17 stall chanting "chap and cost effective"

this is not your thing to do, hire a marketing team.

A $100mm jet is more cost effective than a $200mm one. Neither is cheap. Cost effective is what Thunder is, ie brings a subset of capabilities at a lower price point then it's competition.
PS everyone already knows that. But if you want to sell it as a budget fighter, it at least sounds better. Unless you guys have an alternate adjective.
Keep in mind it's market is not Europe or rich Gulf states but poor economies and third world countries. Pakistan due to its own beggar status does not have the clout to compete in other markets unfortunately where geopolitical strength is a factor.

A $100mm jet is more cost effective than a $200mm one. Neither is cheap. Cost effective is what Thunder is, ie brings a subset of capabilities at a lower price point then it's competition.
PS everyone already knows that. But if you want to sell it as a budget fighter, it at least sounds better. Unless you guys have an alternate adjective.
Keep in mind it's market is not Europe or rich Gulf states but poor economies and third world countries. Pakistan due to its own beggar status does not have the clout to compete in other markets unfortunately where geopolitical strength is a factor.

The marketing campaign should not revolve around price. It's bad. Effectiveness always comes first. Price is add-on feature. One more very important thing is this kind of weapon system is always attached with sphere of influence and seller support as we can see in case of Argentina. On paper JF-17 is way ahead in the race but influence of US and their support as a whole change the picture. So China needs to be indulge in this, a combine effort is required. 3rd world countries need support and backing from world powers and this kind of weapon system needs to be packaged with such support.

NOTE: The following is pure speculation on my part.

The static display of Block 3 makes no sense at all to me. When I consider that both the Army chief and Air chief were present at the air show, I then wonder: has there been a private viewing of the Block 3? The aircraft flew there under its own power, it will fly back under its own power, why couldn’t it fly for a private viewing?

In any case, they are certainly trying to create suspense with the static display. We still don’t have any video of Block 3 going through its moves. @messiach

Ok, i have witnessed it flying fairly recently but ofcourse i dont have any video to show you.

Hi,

Paf is trying to under play the JF17 BLK3---that is why we don't see too much show & pomp at the dubai air show---. No plethora of smart air to surface weapons or air to ship weapons----just only dumb bombs with their kits--- .

Jeff is literally a monstrous aircraft below the 5th gen category---covering all versions of the 4.5 gen aircrafts and below on agiven day---.

With an aesa radar---data link---update EW warfare package---PL15 / SD 10 --and the HOBS missile for air to air and then some very capable air to ground & air to ship missiles---.

You pakistani posters are posting some not very intelligent comments regarding the show case & not understanding what is at stake---

Today---you are in competition with any and every american aircraft other than the F-22 & the F-35 on so very very close to equal terms that there are showing some serious concerns by the men in blue---.
Khan sb, most of the capability will remain underplayed. The capability domain has moved into critical areas. Take care

SO as per recent allegations about AirChief Corruption, JF-17 Block-3 project suffered critical delays which resulted in the inquiry. That inquiry has been been suppressed by Sidhu Sahab. Apparently F-16 sustainability program also suffered delays which caused an inquiry but that too suppressed by Chief Sahab

Close-up of the bird reveals high standards of workmanship on the airframe.

FB_IMG_1700594856862.jpg

So, the old question for you ma'am, which is better, F-16 blk 52, or JF-17 blk 3 ??

better in what way, range, payload, bvr ?
with standoff weapons range is less important.
i have seen very interesting combinations with payload at a recent meet, potency mostly matters in payload. In futre combat, you will see fighter jets as 'multispectral teams' working as tag-teams. I am quoting a fighter pilot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom