What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

how exactly do you propose we change or modify the JF-17 Thunder to make bird strikes less likely? 🤨
Just wait for a "small" skirmish with our neighbour, they loosing a Rafale, a Su 30MKI and a Mirage 2k, PAF/Chinese will be selling JF-17s as hot cakes.

Good idea for increasing the JF-17 sales. Why don't we do a surgical strike on all the sign boards in the Kashmir valley with the "property for sale sign's" to stop all the RSS foot soldiers from buying the properties their. 😜
Then we can put in the JF-17 sales broacher article 370 killer and property sales to RSS stopper. :p:

???? "if it wasn't for Pakistan India wouldn't be a part of the QUAD?" I am very sorry but how do you guys truly think? What does Pakistan has to be with the QUAD? It's against China. Pakistan isn't an enemy of Australia or the US or the Japanese. I keep reading so many conspiracy theories that it's sad.
The enemy of my enemy situation w.r.t the Indian perspective. Back in 62 after the India-China conflict the United states quickly sent equipment and trained Indian personnel in mountain warfare. Those assets never deployed or fired a single bullet against China but were useful against Indian warplans for Pakistan.

The same way, while the impression is that India will stand as the bullwark against China - I would be surprised if they ever go beyond sticks and stones. Meanwhile all the dual use technology and access to technology is purely focused on Pakistan. Joining the QUAD may be under the guise of working against China but the only benefit they will really use it for is Pakistan.

But the contention that the US shift towards India is due to the Quad is pretty feeble. The United States has a huge market in India for goods and services along with a strong immigration representation in public and private US sectors.
That is what is pushing the military shift along with the general stigma within the United States against Islam(ic/ists).

Joining the QUAD may be under the guise of working against China but the only benefit they will really use it for is Pakistan.

But the contention that the US shift towards India is due to the Quad is pretty feeble. The United States has a huge market in India for goods and services along with a strong immigration representation in public and private US sectors.

How does the QUAD only benefit India around Pakistan? Please explain as that's not true nor it makes any sense.

And yes, there is a huge middle class market for American products in India (actually for Japanese, Americans and Australians too), that's called trade. So that also doesn't have to do anything with QUAD. QUAD is a military alliance essentially to counter China but in reality allow the US to introduce the new world order by hand in hand, allowing the Indians to control the Indian ocean + part SCS and even the Gulf later, and then Australia, around her shores and SCS and the US being the global blue water navy. Welcome to the new world order.

Last edited:
Changes are pretty obvious.
Atleast 4 MAWS spotted
That is a very good number
Almost 360 coverage(6 would do that)
A few people keep saying “changes are obvious” but none of them have been able to prove anything being even minorly different. I don’t want to deny it all the way because these are some very knowledgeable members who are often right about this kind of stuff, however most of us can clearly see that there’s nothing at all that’s obviously changed in the structure if at all.

I’d hold back on such claims simply because if they’re false then what? If they’re true then nobody loses. I want them to be true as well but this forum has always been full of speculation much of which never is true and it seems to just ruin the credibility of otherwise very good discussion threads.

New MAWS is not a structural change, we’ve always know about it, and 4 should be enough, it’s a small aircraft, just 4 can give it near 360 degree coverage, the bigger upgrade is them being Hybrid.

The people who are able to make out changes to the air frame must have computers built into their eyes. Aside from the visible sensors etc there is absolutely no reason to believe anything else was done to the landing gear, nose, wings etc

How does the QUAD only benefit India around Pakistan? Please explain as that's not true nor it makes any sense.

And yes, there is a huge middle class market for American products in India (actually for Japanese, Americans and Australians too), that's called trade. So that also doesn't have to do anything with QUAD. QUAD is a military alliance essentially to counter America but in reality allow the US to introduce the new world order by hand in hand, allowing the Indians to control the Indian ocean + part SCS and even the Gulf later, and then Australia, around her shores and SCS and the US being the global blue water navy. Welcome to the new world order.
It does from a weapon purchase and weapons R&D perspective. What if the United States is under the tacit guarantee(which doesn’t exist) and impression that the build up of Indian military capability is focused to counter and corner China?
What if it encourages India joining the Quad under that tacit guarantee that it will provide India the NGAD?

What if then the NGAD is deployed right next to the southern Pakistani border regardless of the US impression that it will be used to counter the Chinese in the north?

Took me 30 minutes but here are the closes angles i could find.... In my opinion the newer picture has been taken from the right ( the person isn't dead center)...
IMG_20210826_064819.jpg

I have an idea..... Does anyone of you guys play dcs and own the jf17 mod ?
You could recreate the angles and distance to some extent.
I'll try asking a youtuber but I don't have high hopes that he would reply.

I've commented on 2 channels that have the jf thunder mod in dcs. Hopefully one of them would respond. 😬

higher aspect ratio - for lift and maintained endurance - i dont think that would compromise turn rates.
definite expansion of flight envelope - details??
multiple maws are for redundancy
wings have been optimised to reduce drag which induces an apparent change in wing clearance
mid fuselag is smaller as rootlets expanded
posterior fuselag looks a bit smaller in a diff pict - suspect maybe developed to accommodate different fans??
Any flight video?

View attachment 773018
View attachment 773019
Blk 3 has bigger wings and
Stronger landing gear. Many noticeable differences.

clearly visible.

Sure, I'll try.
Someone suggest a distance to me.

The DCS camera has a different focal length than the camera used to take the photograph so I don't think it's possible to get accurate measurements.

???? "if it wasn't for Pakistan India wouldn't be a part of the QUAD?" I am very sorry but how do you guys truly think? What does Pakistan has to be with the QUAD? It's against China. Pakistan isn't an enemy of Australia or the US or the Japanese. I keep reading so many conspiracy theories that it's sad.
I agree all nations look after their national interests. Indian polity and beaurocracy is very slick at projecting images while traditionally Pakistan has repeatedly failed not only to do so but to fight its corner effectively. Indians are a much bigger and vibrant market which cannot be ignored. Lastly Pakistan's islamic roots (in spite of the waywardness of its polity beaurocracy and majority of military high brass) are a cause for concern for the West whether it is stated or not. You dont know the power of being able to sit with a gora in a bar/pub and become his drink buddy. Whereas that might not be the case with most Indians it is something the West can at least relate to.
A

I agree all nations look after their national interests. Indian polity and beaurocracy is very slick at projecting images while traditionally Pakistan has repeatedly failed not only to do so but to fight its corner effectively. Indians are a much bigger and vibrant market which cannot be ignored. Lastly Pakistan's islamic roots (in spite of the waywardness of its polity beaurocracy and majority of military high brass) are a cause for concern for the West whether it is stated or not. You dont know the power of being able to sit with a gora in a bar/pub and become his drink buddy. Whereas that might not be the case with most Indians it is something the West can at least relate to.
A
the west is a dying & decaying civilization that will take india down with it, we already see the demise of the indian markets where in spite of the large population, is buying power is rapidly declining. it's not a coincidence. india failed to deliver where it was told to deliver and its now being being published by its dying western masters. sheer suicide for india to lay its eggs in the western baskets.

ye tau doobein gay,
tumhay bhi lay doobein gay sanam.

Took me 30 minutes but here are the closes angles i could find.... In my opinion the newer picture has been taken from the right ( the person isn't dead center)...
View attachment 773094

Hmm .... the JF-17 Thunder Block-3 looks like it has visible structural changes, not drastic though, but still visibly changed.

1. Increased "Wing Loading" height, as well as over all general height of the aircraft.
2. Increased Wing length, which suggests increased number of weapons hardpoints.
3, Larger DSI, which suggests that there is a new engine for the aircraft (possibly).
4. Taller Vertical Stabilizer, with a larger EW Suite at the top.
5. MAWS (?) on either sides of the DSI
6. Wide Angled HUD

This Thunder looks more menacing and seems to have sharper and more powerful steel claws on it. It means that Block-3 can prove to be a significant leap forward for Pakistan Air Force's capabilities. It also would beg the question, whether Pakistan Air Force would increase the number of Block-3s from just 50, to perhaps 100, whilst retiring or reassigning (after updates to the aircraft) Blocks-1/2 to reconnaissance missions or modify them for CAS missions. As it seems to me that the Block-3 has been designed for a specific purpose, Air-Superiority/Air-Dominance.

I must say, I am truly impressed with what China and Pakistan have achieved with the Block-3 Thunders. Congratulations to both countries and their respective Aircraft Design Bureaus. Remarkable achievement indeed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom