What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Hi

it did not work that way.

we got better ew package for the blk2—that allowed us to stretch the production of blk3 further down again to get better ew pkg.

in the blk 3 we will have some equipment better than the j20 in service—-basically we got the next tier up equipment.
It is like a left and right foot advancement.
Like J 20
Blk3

next blk J20
Blk4

so technically we will be a step agead of some of the gadgets on the J20

So both us and the chinese will fine tune the current ew pkg on Blk 3 and that will go into the next batch of J20
But there are some equipments in J 10C which are better than Blk 3

I have heard that EW Suite will be Turkish

Totally agree I Beleive PAF will go for more F16s like they resume military training hastily like when US feels the heat sometimes
At current price no.
That should have been cleared when USA offered f16s at good price (~700m) and we walked away.
PAF would rather get 3 squardons of block 3 than just 6-8 f16s on amount of foreign exchange it spents.

MK u think PAF will look another type like more F16 s or Russian option after blk 3???when military training programs is resumed hastily by US??? MY gut feeling we will see more F16s too very soon blk 3 will make American think again to open Up.

F-16 is a medium-weight fighter and JF-17 Thunder is a light-weight fighter. Pakistan needs both weight classes.

Further F-16 inductions can't influence Thunder productions for 300 light-weight requirement.

can any senior member explain how much externally F-16 changed from block-15 to latest block 70 ??????

Minimal change.

Blk upgrades are minimal cgange outside.

Major Structural change is like between Grippen c/d and Grippen NG.

you dont change the established physical parameters in Minor Upgrades

I was of the view that no physical changes would take place but the nose does seem different to be. The nose underside of the nose does not curve at much as it does on BLK 1/II. Probably due to requirement for the new radar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom