What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

1700084253919.png

I only see qualities similar to F16 C/D , comparing Block III to F16 E/F would be far fetched

But the plane is respectable 4.5 Generation fighter Jet ideal for own air space protection

F16 E/F , payload carrige is higher and also coverage for flight/distance is higher

However with greater number of planes , it is enough for Pakistan's Local Regional Needs

Last edited:
I only see qualities similar to F16 C/D , comparing Block III to F16 E/F would be far fetched

But the plane is respectable 4.5 Generation fighter Jet ideal for own air space protection

F16 E/F , payload carrige is higher and also coverage for flight/distance is higher

However with greater number of planes , it is enough for Pakistan's Local Regional Needs
I’d assume range and payload aren’t as much an issue if it is being used in the air superiority role. Indeed, if the PAF can procure enough, it could compensate for any perceived limitations in employment across the full spectrum of roles expected; long range naval strike or general strike role.

Because the PAC folks are morons at marketing. This has been well established over the years. Dont even see REK or other other local cruise missiles.
Even misspelled the squadron name on the tail art
Hi,

I believe that the Jeff BLK3 has already been marketed to the nations interested in it---.

There are NO OTHER nations interested in the aircraft---. The display is utilitarian and not a show off display---,

Everyone who know abo9ut the Jeff---knows what weapons it can utilize.

I also think that the US influence in pakistan----Paf does not want to be too obvious---.

Program is successful in Pakistan (150 + , Units are active) as it's capabilities have been realized , since PAF is familiar with F16 Performance Bench marks

Adoption outside of Pakistan is limited

a) Nigeria (3 Units)
b) Myanmar (7 Units in Service 2 on Order)

Need bigger adoption 50-75 Units internationally

The recent news from Iraq for Purchase of JF17 Block III appeared to be promising development
  • Iraq (No orders placed)
  • Azerbaijan (No orders placed)
Are two potential customers for platform

Last edited:
Offer needs to be made to Iran through China with the facility of in house rebuild...
We could see order for 100s of ac

NOTE: The following is pure speculation on my part.

The static display of Block 3 makes no sense at all to me. When I consider that both the Army chief and Air chief were present at the air show, I then wonder: has there been a private viewing of the Block 3? The aircraft flew there under its own power, it will fly back under its own power, why couldn’t it fly for a private viewing?

In any case, they are certainly trying to create suspense with the static display. We still don’t have any video of Block 3 going through its moves. @messiach

Program is successful in Pakistan (150 + , Units are active) as it's capabilities have been realized , since PAF is familiar with F16 Performance Bench marks

a) Nigeria (3 Units)

The recent news from Iraq for Purchase of JF17 Block III appeared to be promising development
Both are Oil & Gas rich countries, we have to offer them JF-17 bk03 in exchange of Oil & LPG.

NOTE: The following is pure speculation on my part.

The static display of Block 3 makes no sense at all to me. When I consider that both the Army chief and Air chief were present at the air show, I then wonder: has there been a private viewing of the Block 3? The aircraft flew there under its own power, it will fly back under its own power, why couldn’t it fly for a private viewing?

In any case, they are certainly trying to create suspense with the static display. We still don’t have any video of Block 3 going through its moves. @messiach
It flies just like the block 2 so nothing new to see there in terms of it's moves. And private viewing for whom? Someone has to be interested first and those interested parties have most likely seen the jet at PAC Kamra already.
The airshow is for other future buyers to see and also just to create buzz. Also to showcase quality of the product. Overall the whole presentation inside the halls was lacking. PAF should have bought in a simulator like Lockheed Martin does with Block 70. There you could showcase it's new capabilities over previous versions

a) Nigeria (3 Units)

Hi,

Other than Argentina---we will not know how many orders got rejected thru the intervention of a " higher power "---.

Hi,

The BLK3 with its aesa radar / fly by wire system / data link is a 4.5 gen aircraft
Hi,

Paf is trying to under play the JF17 BLK3---that is why we don't see too much show & pomp at the dubai air show---. No plethora of smart air to surface weapons or air to ship weapons----just only dumb bombs with their kits--- .

Jeff is literally a monstrous aircraft below the 5th gen category---covering all versions of the 4.5 gen aircrafts and below on agiven day---.

With an aesa radar---data link---update EW warfare package---PL15 / SD 10 --and the HOBS missile for air to air and then some very capable air to ground & air to ship missiles---.

You pakistani posters are posting some not very intelligent comments regarding the show case & not understanding what is at stake---

Today---you are in competition with any and every american aircraft other than the F-22 & the F-35 on so very very close to equal terms that there are showing some serious concerns by the men in blue---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom