What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

any specific reason why it will take a year or so ? isn't block 2 production has completed ? or is it because of JF -17 B version ?
12 additional Block-2s will be built for the PAF this year (2018). As for Block-3, after finalizing or freezong the design, they have to construct the prototype and undertake tests. Seeing that a new flight control system and sensor suite are in play too, I'd be surprised if it only takes a year, actual production could happen in 2021 or later. The PAF has made no commitment to the JF-17B besides promoting it to customers, so it has little relevance right now (except in maybe also testing some Block-3 stuff).

Since design is finalized... we can expect a test bed in 2018??

Image1521574444.790300.jpg

Block 3

Or

Image1521574498.467855.jpg

?? 10 pylons stations and ...

Design finalized means all the different modules have been locked, manufacturers for those modules identified, vendors selected and contracts signed to buy/build everything that will go into the block-3.

This means everything from the fuselage, wiring, electronics down to the bolts that hold the seat.

Now all that is left is to place the order as such and start building it.
This may seem like a non issue to laymen, but for those familiar with project management and supply chain, it is a big achievement.

There is an Insider Bhaijan in another thread who is saying we are going for French EW system and HMD. Would be an interesting Integration with chinese AESA.

12 additional Block-2s will be built for the PAF this year (2018). As for Block-3, after finalizing or freezong the design, they have to construct the prototype and undertake tests. Seeing that a new flight control system and sensor suite are in play too, I'd be surprised if it only takes a year, actual production could happen in 2021 or later. The PAF has made no commitment to the JF-17B besides promoting it to customers, so it has little relevance right now (except in maybe also testing some Block-3 stuff).

RD-93 B is suppose to comeout next year

Yes of course all of this will take time but could they just release something...anything about it?
...they can turn it into a slow strip tease and release pictures of a model/prototype...a rudder here, a screw there. I can't wait to see what it looks like and it's final specs.

There is an Insider Bhaijan in another thread who is saying we are going for French EW system and HMD. Would be an interesting Integration with chinese AESA.

RD-93 B is suppose to comeout next year
IIRC from @Bilal Khan 777, the radar and integrated EW will come from the same source. So if it's NRIET KLJ-7A for the radar, then NRIET will also supply the EW suite. Not sure if there's any leeway in sourcing an external pod from a different source, but I'd wage it on Elettronica (supplier of ESM to the Pak Navy) over Thales. As for HMD/S, we'll need to wait and see, the PAF might push it further if options unavailable.
Yes of course all of this will take time but could they just release something...anything about it?
...they can turn it into a slow strip tease and release pictures of a model/prototype...a rudder here, a screw there. I can't wait to see what it looks like and it's final specs.
Branding and marketing ain't our forte.

But it isn't, and they won't. And if Pakistan had been minding her own business, why would India bother, in the first place

Now read your sentence inside out: for instance, "....with the present weak economy...."
Bhai.
Pak Land cannot keep up with India. The disparity betweeen India and Pakistan is like between a border Collie and a tiger. However, what Pakistan needs to do is make any aggression so expensive as to not be worth the while of the enemy. This has been achieved both with and withput the Nuclear element.
Indo Pak friendship is a non entity and will remain so till you resolve Kashmir. The British did not leave the Kashmir issue unresolved without reason. When you are an agro based country and your water supply passes through the disputed land which you have a claim over, there will always be a risk to your safety and therefore no friendship. I am a pragmatist and I think Kashmir will never become Pakistan. However, the issue needs a resolution prefereably without a war. Musharraf laid down good foundation for a mutually acceptable solution, however the idea was lambasted by the short sighted Indian lobby of Far rights. It tells you the severity of the feelings with regards to that land. For all it is worth India is not serious about solution of the problem and Pak land polity is too busy looting the country and the beauroctacy and military might are too disorganized to take thingz to their logical culmination. It therefore has been decreed that Pak Land will for the forseeable future remain hand and foottied down and on its knees to whosoever wants to buy whatever they want. So the Saudis will buy men and blood, US will demnd blood of our own men to show the world how efficient it has been. The Chinese will come and pillage the natural respurces while dumping the waste. All the bhooki Nangi public can do is live in hope of some saviour descending from the heavens to save it while remaining bhooki Nangi and uneducated and Jahil. There is no national initiative to improve ourselves and we look towards frieds to come in and sort us out which will never happen. This is our reality.
The baniya on the other hand will exploit US, Russia and EU to sell whatever it can and acquire whatever rezourcez it can buy. It will continue to make efforts towards self reliance in weaponry but the likely thing is for the ne t 2 decades it will purchase subsystems and try and marry diverse system to make "made in India" products. However the future for India lies in Trade which the baniyw is good at and we may yet see a financial hub arising in the Indian areas. This is what they are good at and this is what they will achieve.
Enough of this rant nowPakistan needs to wake up and find a purpose for its existence. I5 is not in being democratic or any other "crasy " tyey want to invent. Immulate the West and go down the drain. That is not the reason for your existence. Find the reason find your way and then you will progress with a purpose in mind.
A

Production expected in 2019 or 2020.
I suspect 10 to 12 months from Signing of contract to first prototype coming out. Another 2/3 months before production starts in Kamra. It may be slow for the first year perhaps 6-8 anes in 12 months then will pick up to 16 to 20 per year depending on how finances and infrastructure development allows.
As to insider bhai jan they need to keep their traps shut. There are eyes everywhere and any interest will reflect badly on the insides of the insider bhaijan.
A

Last edited:
And, Pak is achieving all these staffs with a negative balance in the treasury!!!!! While some with hundreds of billions can't go beyond one third of a squadron in 40 years having access to everything Pak misses out!!! And, another one with 33b in the reserve can't go beyond 8 front-line fighters!!!! What's the secret??? Pak may have completely delineated her defenses from the hegemony of dollar despots and IMF terrorists!!!! IMO this is as much of a mortal blow to her mortal enemies as MIRV tipped with minitiarized thermo-nukes.....

It is not very hard to imagine the frustration and anger of one particular enemy. We know that enemy as the number 1 enemy. No it's not India.

It is not very hard to imagine the frustration and anger of one particular enemy. We know that enemy as the number 1 enemy. No it's not India.

I don't follow. Who are you getting at?

Any clear pictures we have for block3 prototype. like finalized drawings etc,

Back
Top Bottom