What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

it may...LOTS of composite materials used on the Block 3 so that leaves a lot of room for two additional hard points under the fuselage for the engine to be able to carry.
If we are seriously considering WS-13E then it is undeniable that we will have atleast one more hp underside !!!

The one displayed on golden logo was a desperate attempt to show the IRST hp

it may...LOTS of composite materials used on the Block 3 so that leaves a lot of room for two additional hard points under the fuselage for the engine to be able to carry.
Even in DCS environment the clear limitation of jf17 is its fuel...getting more hard points is useless for its size. Work is needed and squeezing more thrust and freeing more space for fuel than anything else

If we are seriously considering WS-13E then it is undeniable that we will have atleast one more hp underside !!!

well? the prototypes of the block 3 are powered by RD93s, don't know why isn't the RD93 being ditched for the more powerful and matured WS13E...maybe its a hush hush thing to misguide the enemy and keep 'em guessing? export versions of the block 3 would be exported with 7 hardpoints powered by RD93s while the ones used by Pakistan would be 9 hardpoints powered by WS13E? who knows...

Even in DCS environment the clear limitation of jf17 is its fuel...getting more hard points is useless for its size. Work is needed and squeezing more thrust and freeing more space for fuel than anything else
doesn't that dictate even more of a reason to switch to the WS13 line of engines? they are supposedly more powerful AND more effecient that the RD93s, no?

He is just a poor guy who knew since Feb 27 that 221 sqn of IAF has lost an su 30.

A poor guy who introduced the concept of AMRAAM lofting on PDF despite heavy opposition of some members (a mod included).

A poor guy who tries so hard to clean up the misinformation which sometimes comes through intentional or unintentional means.

Professionally, i hold a masters degree is something i cant tell and that i have practically worked very closely on JF-17s and some other systems.

I hope it is good enough.
We all knew you know "something"..it was pretty much obvious ..just dont let out more than what you are cleared to..

well? the prototypes of the block 3 are powered by RD93s, don't know why isn't the RD93 being ditched for the more powerful and matured WS13E...maybe its a hush hush thing to misguide the enemy and keep 'em guessing? export versions of the block 3 would be exported with 7 hardpoints powered by RD93s while the ones used by Pakistan would be 9 hardpoints powered by WS13E? who knows...

doesn't that dictate even more of a reason to switch to the WS13 line of engines? they are supposedly more powerful AND more effecient that the RD93s, no?
I dont know honestly but what i do know that gripen c and LCA major issues were fuel..and gripen went on to do NG with 40% increase and LCA is going to that route too

JF17 needs a more fuel efficient engine with better dry thrust and more fuel as a2a and a2g missions are getting more sophisticated and demanding

We all knew you know "something"..it was pretty much obvious ..just dont let out more than what you are cleared to..

I dont know honestly but what i do know that gripen c and LCA major issues were fuel..and gripen went on to do NG with 40% increase and LCA is going to that route too

JF17 needs a more fuel efficient engine with better dry thrust and more fuel as a2a and a2g missions are getting more sophisticated and demanding
Agreed. Having said that...the initial pictures of the prototype block 3 DO show it taking off without any afterburners. hint hint? But then again, don't know if its a taking off picture or a landing picture. If it was a landing picture, I would assume that the airbreaks would be open but they are not.

Could be the reason you have got the engine but that seems just stupid as engines are not someone wants to guess. I believe, they are waiting for WS-19 to come out

Agreed. Having said that...the initial pictures of the prototype block 3 DO show it taking off without any afterburners. hint hint? But then again, don't know if its a taking off picture or a landing picture. If it was a landing picture, I would assume that the airbreaks would be open but they are not.
Bro that was landing...

Untill PAF discloses official specs in some airshow all we can do is speculate

But a better engine & fuel might make using four BVRs more practical

Untill PAF discloses official specs in some airshow all we can do is speculate

But a better engine & fuel might make using four BVRs more practical
well, it can carry 4 BVRs (SD10s, not PL15s) on dual racks even with the RD93.

Could be the reason you have got the engine but that seems just stupid as engines are not someone wants to guess. I believe, they are waiting for WS-19 to come out

Bro that was landing...
could be...I'm still not fully convinced albeit, gettin' there. :D

Hopefully, they have embedded some sensors into the composite materials to take the game to the next level...

well, it can carry 4 BVRs (SD10s, not PL15s) on dual racks even with the RD93.

could be...I'm still not fully convinced albeit, gettin' there. :D
Ya Allah !!!

Next time you travel on an airplane, do check the Airbreaks and their direction after landing.

Hopefully, they have embedded some sensors into the composite materials to take the game to the next level...
they have, MAWS is already visible...may have more sensors on the spine as well as some members pointed out.

Ya Allah !!!

Next time you travel on an airplane, do check the Airbreaks and their direction after landing.
air brakes on passenger airliners and air brakes on fighters are worlds apart dude...Thunder's air brakes look like this.
4655357.jpg

The Xiaolong fighter started from a light fighter that replaced the F-5 and MiG-21 fighters. After more than 20 years of development, it has now become a third-generation and half-fighter with mid-to-high-end combat capabilities. The aircraft is in aerodynamic layout and flight control technology. Avionics equipment and airborne weapons have reached world-class levels. Before the test flight, the Pakistani Air Force placed an order for 28 aircrafts. With the first and second batches, the total number will reach 250 or more.

Care to explain the bold and underlined. It is the last para. Is it wrongly translated or what ?
I am sure they have got the Bs and the block 3s mixed up. As to 250 fighters we have been saying this all along. It looks like 28Bs and then 50 block 3s.

Why do we need the 2 wing HPs? PAF has openly stated its A2A interdiction platforms will carry 4 plus 2 AAMs. If we have DERs this need is adequately filled. The whole idea is to travel light, off load weapons RTB, reload and hit again. The emphasis will be on serviceability of platforms. All ideas of bomb trucks go down the drain when you have 2 adversaries with BVRs on their platform. You cannot carry more as once AAMs are fired the adversary will jetison load and head for home. Any adventurism will result with a rear end penetration by an AAM.
A

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom