What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

can you post the english translation please?

The back of the three batches of the dragon is like this, it is very fat. From the view of the 12 batches, the back is not small. This is because the aircraft retains the mechanical control in the two lateral directions and needs to leave a relatively large space. Installation of joystick lines, mostly poles and various pipelines.

This is the ridge of the J-10C. It is very, very small. Just take the cable. The aircraft uses full telex flight control. It does not require a large space to install a large number of debris.

Does the Dragon Fighter have no space left?

This is not true. There is space, but it is not necessarily very frustrating. This is the thick side strip of the rear fuselage of the aircraft. A flat-tailed control system is installed in it. After the interference bomb is mostly empty, you can continue to fill it with oil.

This part has not been used very well for a long time. There is also a consideration. I am afraid that the engine sprays parts and directly damages the fuel tank. The three generations of the United States have almost avoided this design, but the F-35 has been released. It's quite safe to do, and that's the confidence.

Today's writing dragon, the fundamental point is that Chengfei has performed well for a long time, so the Pakistan Air Force has given great trust, even overweight, and placed an order without completing the test flight, which is roughly 2 + 12 + 12. Next year Chengfei must deliver 2 aircrafts. In fact, it must do 3 aircrafts. The first flight of 3000 recently was not enough. It is likely that there is another 3001 aircraft as a test flight to speed up the test flight.

This is the characteristic that we have seen in the three batches of Xiaolong currently. Both front and back are sensors, the antenna is in the front, and the missile warning window is in the back. There may be avionics cooling vents in the middle.

From this perspective, it is really an avionics vent

Some friends said, why not adopt the swept-back vertical tail design of the twin dragons. Technically, with this design, the rudder effect will be better, but the performance at high angles of attack will decline. As a highly mobile fighter, this is not the case. Too suitable.

After years of hard work, Chengfei has given Chinese military fans a huge surprise, and it has re-introduced the Chinese aviation people, Chinese military workers, and one new aircraft after another, making our military fans look like Chinese New Year every day. The sub-model is not the top, but it has witnessed the relentless pursuit of designers and the hard work of technicians and workers.

Judging from the details, the design of the Xiaolong fighter is not very fine. The two bulges above and below the wing are examples. It is likely that they are mechanically controlled lines or special pipelines. In order to avoid damaging the wing structure, go from below. Online.

Although this design is not very beautiful, but the increase of resistance is very small, it is also a good way to deal with it. However, since the third generation of machines in various countries around the world, these have been arranged in the body as much as possible, and this design is rarely done. Let ’s go to the place where the military fans do n’t feel good.

PS: The three-generation fighters of Cannon finally canceled the mechanical operation of the two lateral axes and replaced them with telex operations. In this regard, they completely caught up with the trend of the world's three-generation aircraft. The US F-18 still retains mechanical backup. F- The early 15 was also a mechanical flight control, but electronic stabilization was added. The F-16 canceled the mechanical backup from the beginning. The Su-27 was a pitch telex, and the horizontal side machinery. We also followed the Dragon!

Technically, when the dragon fighter started, the telecontrol flight control of the J-10A fighter was almost tested, and it was not a big problem to take it completely, but considering the customer ’s funds, it can save money It saved customers 20 million yuan, which is also a relatively correct strategy. In recent years, customers have gradually wanted to open and add again

tried to translate that article but images wouldn't copy plus it has already been translated :-)

Blk 3 with AESA and rest J20 tech trickle will ensure that Rafale is not a threat to Pak we have a competent fighter in our hand can take out Rafale anytime anywhere at any arena.Rafale is neutralize like rest of Indian flankers.

"Block 3 fuselage incorporates a chin-mounted hardpoint to carry targetting/EW pods. This will allow the fighter jet to carry sophisticated pods on missions without sacrificing space for munitions or external tanks."

https://www.aviationgeeks1.com/combat-aviation/jf-17-block-3-revealed/
Sounds rational, and makes sense. They need to carry ASELPODs or dedicated EW pods. As for EW, IMO a dedicated and detachable pod is better from constant upgrades and, importantly, security POVs. EW features/functions etc. can't be compromised and need to be safeguarded at any cost...

batches, the back is not small. This is because the aircraft retains the mechanical control in the two lateral directio
Sounds rational, and makes sense. They need to carry ASELPODs or dedicated EW pods. As for EW, IMO a dedicated and detachable pod is better from constant upgrades and, importantly, security POVs. EW features/functions etc. can't be compromised and need to be safeguarded at any cost...
Block 2 onwards has a very robust internal EW suite. With external EW pods from Turkey on top of that in the B version and Block 3 would literally open the doors to the enemy being rendered electronically blind.

Block 2 onwards has a very robust internal EW suite. With external EW pods from Turkey on top of that in the B version and Block 3 would literally open the doors to the enemy being rendered electronically blind.
Yes, especially, now that India is fast approaching on the verge of imploding from inside Pak shouldn't take any chances. I am pretty sure Hindutva will try to bite for one last time. Even the leader of the Jamat-i Ulama-i Hind, the most pro-India Muslim leader, has said in a recent interview they'd rather die than allow CAB/NRC etc. to finish the Muslims in India....

Yes, especially, now that India is fast approaching on the verge of imploding from inside Pak shouldn't take any chances. I am pretty sure Hindutva will try to bite for one last time. Even the leader of the Jamat-i Ulama-i Hind, the most pro-India Muslim leader, has said in a recent interview they'd rather die than allow CAB/NRC etc. to finish the Muslims in India....
they are more than welcome to try a bite...We just need an excuse to defang india once and for all...they have no idea what we have in store for them and WE are in no mood of "telling" them, rather SHOW them the hard way what we have in store for them.

they are more than welcome to try a bite...We just need an excuse to defang india once and for all...they have no idea what we have in store for them and WE are in no mood of "telling" them, rather SHOW them the hard way what we have in store for them.
Most probably they also know it!!! Hence, the "pressure cooker" condition is getting unbearable for them...

The Xiaolong fighter started from a light fighter that replaced the F-5 and MiG-21 fighters. After more than 20 years of development, it has now become a third-generation and half-fighter with mid-to-high-end combat capabilities. The aircraft is in aerodynamic layout and flight control technology. Avionics equipment and airborne weapons have reached world-class levels. Before the test flight, the Pakistani Air Force placed an order for 28 aircrafts. With the first and second batches, the total number will reach 250 or more.

Care to explain the bold and underlined. It is the last para. Is it wrongly translated or what ?

what do you think? I pointed this out before but some people have dismissed it as just bad artwork that is showing the centerline fuel tank as off to the side. I disagree. if you compare that device I pointed to with the green arrow, it looks nothing like the fuel tanks shown under the wings, not even remotely close. It looks like a pod, not a fuel tank...so I think the Block 3 WILL have AT LEAST one extra mount point under the right intake if not both intakes.
View attachment 596846
we knew that 10 years ago that block 3 will have 1 extra hard point..that was probably more sure than having a aesa..so whats the controversy ..
I doubt it will have 3 fuselage points

we knew that 10 years ago that block 3 will have 1 extra hard point..that was probably more sure than having a aesa..so whats the controversy ..
I doubt it will have 3 fuselage points
it may...LOTS of composite materials used on the Block 3 so that leaves a lot of room for two additional hard points under the fuselage for the engine to be able to carry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom