What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

101119220725d510da94f3e086.jpg

10111922093f2c9d085d65a9e1.jpg

Before this air show, we had no decent pictures of JF-17 in flight.

Thanks!

10111922093f2c9d085d65a9e1.jpg

Can somehow we get printouts of this pic?? Has somebody got this in still better resolution?? like 6-8Mega Pixels? I want to have it printed 24x36 inches.

I love the heat distortion that occurs when the engine lets out a jet of blazing air... even cooler with the after burner :azn:

iFlight-Day2-Zhuhai.jpg

The Asian Thunder!!! Lovely Title. Love it.

Can somebody give a rough number of export planes that has been confirmed.. I am aware of 50 which was reported in an Urdu newspaper.

TaimiKhan:

If you look at the exhaust of the thunder, some of the pictures, during times of Full throttle, notice a "red cone" coming out of the engine exhaust nozzle. If it was dark, you would be able to see the 'red exhaust cone" of the afterburner.
My point is in all the previous pictures of the JF 17 I have never noticed this red exhaust cone & to me which sounds suspicious of some engine improvements that may have gone in. I may be over reading .. but welcome your thoughts.. thanks

Yaar, that's the engine exhaust at after burner stage. There is nothing extra ordinary in it, it happens in every jet fighter engine, when they go in after burner stage, these exhaust fues, in shame of circles or cone shape come out of the engine.

But yeah some engine changes did happen from the Chinese, but it had nothing to do with these red cones coming out of the engine, they happen at after burner stage and may be before that JF-17 was not photographed in the after burner stage.

why is the production so slow?
considering there are probably two production lines, one in pakistan and one in china and we still have only 16 thunders......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom