What's new

It would help if the forum allows discussion

I have sympathy for the mods though. Of course no group should ever be painted with the same brush but in the past 3ish years there has been a terrible rise in the ultra right wing Indian nationalist presence online. For example I am a member on another history focused forum whose South Asian section is heavily dominated by Indians, with me and a couple of other Pakistani members only. Despite this we had excellent and civil discussions on South Asian history (even when we had clear differences) till I would say around 2014-2015 when a new brand of right wing extremist Indians suddenly emerged out of nowhere. "Pak*" and "sickular" suddenly became standard terms on that forum for Pakistanis and non ultra nationalist Indians. In fact so bad has been their behaviour that the mods of this mainly western dominated forum have repeatedly now threatened to close down the Asian history sub-forum altogether because of the indecent behaviour of this ultra nationalist group, and special "rules" now apply to threads concerning India. Myself and other non extremist Indians with whom I had developed a great understanding also slowly moved away.

So what was different here? And what sympathy for the mods? They just threw the baby out with the bath-water. Keeping saffron and green bhakts both out would have been the idea. Instead they cracked down only on Indians, irrespective of what they thought and how they behaved, and let the Pakistanis go scott free.

There are forums out there, that I found out about lately, that have perfectly civil discussions between Pakistani and Indian, and the odd orc that slips in is quickly hunted down and liquidated. We could have done that here, and it would have remained a good clean forum.

Indians should be put through strict vetting to use this forum.

Look many Indian posters here are not even allowed in real Indian forums because they will not survive a day.

So continue your whining

Instead they cracked down only on Indians, irrespective of what they thought and how they behaved, and let the Pakistanis go scott free.

Some things are only to be expected, given the management's right to do as they please with their forum.

Some things are only to be expected, given the management's right to do as they please with their forum.

And the reactions, to their using the right to do as they please to do what is not right. The reactions also are to be expected.

And the reactions, to their using the right to do as they please to do what is not right. The reactions also are to be expected.

Of course. As I have said before, let management decide to pursue policies about their forum as they wish, and let the members decide how to participate, or at all. The results will be what the policies lay the foundations for, just like the Twitter ban (how long will the clone survive in violation of Twitter rules?), whether anyone likes them or not, as long as rabidity disguised as patriotism is encouraged.

By definition of the administrators, there are no good Indian members. You cannot expect both sides to be present when there is such a jaundiced and vindictive treatment of Indian members by individual administrators.

What are you talking about? Which admins? about what?

I think PDF has given a good platform to Indians, as long as they follow the rules. Rules might be a little stricter vs the Indians, but i think that comes with natural bias.

What are you talking about? Which admins? about what?

I think PDF has given a good platform to Indians, as long as they follow the rules. Rules might be a little stricter vs the Indians, but i think that comes with natural bias.

I am talking about the increasing harshness shown to Indian members, irrespective of their track record. I agree that until perhaps six months to a year ago, PDF HAD given a good platform to Indians, as long as they follow the rules, but I also perceive a visible degradation of the situation. It is not the natural bias that I am talking about, but the situation that all the Indian bad-hats have been expelled or have left, and most of the Pakistani bad-hats are left, and continue to spread their poison.

Indians ruin the PDF experience, im a firm believer only a hand-full of Indian posters should be allowed to make accounts and that too need to be checked they arent trolls.

ive seen Indians say the worse imaginable things about our prophet and peoples mothers on this forum, those posters dont care for bans as they live to make a new account daily.

I am talking about the increasing harshness shown to Indian members, irrespective of their track record. I agree that until perhaps six months to a year ago, PDF HAD given a good platform to Indians, as long as they follow the rules, but I also perceive a visible degradation of the situation. It is not the natural bias that I am talking about, but the situation that all the Indian bad-hats have been expelled or have left, and most of the Pakistani bad-hats are left, and continue to spread their poison.

"Every system is perfectly designed to get the results it gets." - W. Edwards Deming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom