What's new

Is Turkish-Saudi normalization an Iranian nightmare?

I don't think there will be a stalemate. If military victory is meant by destroying Iranian military forces, yes, we can do it.

However, the problem with the wars with Iran is that a possible victory will not bring us material benefits, always in history. Since Turkiye's war with Iran will cause great harm to the Azeris in Iran, Turkiye will avoid it at all costs. That's another reason.

Therefore, the most lucrative option for us is not to go to war with Iran.
What I'm thinking is that Turkey could suffer heavy losses,even with victory. But in the end,Turkey could possibly annex Iranian Azerbaijan. The Iranian Kurds would probably fight fiercely against the Turkish forces,unless they are politically aligned with Turkey? I don't know.

But imagine the drone war between the two countries.

Pasdaran attacking the Turkish army in the mountains,Turkish MRAPs rolling eastwards,Basij being sent as support,Turkish artillery hitting Iranian positions,Iranians firing ballistic missiles etc.

Eh border Geography doesnt allow that
Iam skeptical about the ability of Turkey to strike Iranian missile sites
And if iran has any sort of transperncy with their missile program i dont think Turkey will be able to counter a missile attack. But hey iran's capabilities are often highly overestimated i will vote for a stalemate because of the terrain that favours defence and i doubt iran will get close to turkish territory their Ground capabilities are laughable.
You mean will hurt Azeris feelings? That wont stop a war.
Yeah you have more common enemies The Arabs and Egyptians
Could it be like Iran-Iraq War? This time with Russia,China and NK supporting Iran and some Western countries supporting Turkey? Iranians sending thousands of Safir jeeps with AT weapons on and Turks sending their drones. But I think the Iranian Air Defence could shoot down some Turkish aircraft and attack helicopters.

Last edited:
Could it be like Iran-Iraq War? This time with Russia,China and NK supporting Iran and some Western countries supporting Turkey? Iranians sending thousands of Safir jeeps with AT weapons on and Turks sending their drones. But I think the Iranian Air Defence could shoot down some Turkish aircraft and attack helicopters.
I know you said to imagine Turkey isnt in NATO but thats just out of hand now
It will be 2003 and iran gets dominated by half the world

Erdogan, Putin and the Iranian President will meet in Tehran on July 19.
So, Iran and Türkiye on Tuesday agreed to extend their gas supply contract for another 25 years and set a trade target of $30 billion. and also signed a bunch of MoUs together

Could it be like Iran-Iraq War? This time with Russia,China and NK supporting Iran and some Western countries supporting Turkey?
No one will support Turkiye. NO ONE! Turkiye knows this very very well. This is the third reason for Turkiye not to start a war against Iran. You have to be incredibly stupid to engage in such a war.

Unless it gets rid of foreign dependency in energy resources, any war would be like suicide for Turkiye. Even then, it will be necessary to find reliable allies. It is also near impossible. LOL

So you Greeks or Iranians can rest easy, Turkiye will not attack you in the foreseeable future.

From the standpoint of Chinese people, I should not have said these words. But I still can't help but want to say it.

In my opinion, Turkey and Iran are the countries that need reconciliation and alliance most. If the two countries continue to fight internally, the future of both countries will not be too optimistic.

In fact, we can think about it from another perspective. Which middle east country poses the greatest threat to Israel in the future?

The answer is simple: the more secular and industrialized Islamic which countries are, the greater the threat to Israel, and the non secular Middle East countries are the objects that Israel can win over and ally with.

That is to say, the first enemy is Turkey, and the second enemy is Iran, and the third is the Arab Baath party.

There is a Chinese proverb called "匹夫无罪,怀璧其罪". In geopolitics, it means "your attitude is not important to me, your ability determines my hostility to you". Because attitude is easy to change, but ability exists for a long time.

For Israel, these non secular Middle East countries are the countries that have the ability to threaten Israel's survival foundation in the future. No matter what the attitude of these countries towards Israel is now, they are all enemies of Israel.

In fact, both Turks and Iranians are now being watched by more powerful enemies than they are. If the two countries continue to infighting, the road ahead will be very difficult.

@SilentEagle
@Sainthood 101
@dBSPL
@Kedikesenfare2
@ahaider97
@Hakikat ve Hikmet
@merzifonlu
@drmeson
@Hold the door
@Hydration
@Oublious

Last edited:
Since Turkey is trying to get all-out on the Northern Iraq and Syria she needs to quash the Iranian supported militants there. No third-way here for the Iranian and Turkish interests are diametrically opposite. So, Turkey-KSA normalization is a natural extension....
No way Iran would be okay with a free Kurdistan, diametrically opposed may be an exaggeration.

The secular Turkey was the first to accept Israel and the religious Iran is leading the front against it. Anyway Iran and Turkey are not enemies, only on this forum do these guys get a bit passionate.
For Israel, attitude is not important, but ability. Non secularized countries are not suitable for national industrialization and the development of science and technology. Only Turkey and Iran can pose a real threat to Israel in the future.

MENA region is clearly focused on peace, rebuilding and development. MENA region can prosper greatly in the next 50 - 100 years if the key players make the right moves. Detente between Iranian, Turkish and Arab blocs is the best approach, IMO.

Iran isn't secular yet it leads the Islamic world in missiles and drones. Pakistan is by constitution an Islamic republic and the only Muslim country that can turn Israel to dust.
At the cost of just its entire population.

By the way Israel will be the first nation to be protected from nuclear weapons.

At the cost of just its entire population.

By the way Israel will be the first nation to be protected from nuclear weapons.
We literally one inch away from making nuke. and we have plenty missile to carry it .
we don't make it. but we keep that distance no matter what...

We literally one inch away from making nuke. and we have plenty missile to carry it .
we don't make it. but we keep that distance no matter what...
Being able to produce nuclear weapons and missiles does not mean being able to use missiles to launch nuclear weapons.

There are also two huge hurdles. One is nuclear weapon miniaturization technology. The other is the combination of nuclear weapons and missiles.

There is no foreign military base in Turkiye. LANDCOM headquarters in Izmir belongs to the joint use of NATO, of which Turkiye is a member. Another mistake I see here from time to time is about the Incirlik air base, the command of all the bases belongs to the TAF. One of the countries that served as the term commander of the JFC headquarters located in Italy was the Turkish Armed Forces, or for example the term commander of the NRF stationed in Romania, until 2021; or Turkish F-16s still protect Polish airspace. To say that there is a Turkish military base in these countries is just as ridiculous as it is to say that there is a foreign base in Turkiye. These countries have military alliances between them and are obliged to support each other's military capacities.

Whenever Turkiye withdraws from the NATO's military wing, if some of its bases are still open to joint NATO access, then there can be talk of foreign bases in TR.

Within the scope of NATO, 5-6 military bases affiliated to 3 different commands are open to NATO access actively. NATO presence in other bases has ended. The 4th Army command, on the other hand, is completely outside the organization of NATO.

You can't deny that America has full control of the Incirlik air base in regards to nuclear weapons. That in itself is a foreign occupation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom