What's new

Is T-99A2 the Al Haider of Pakistan ??????

Altay tank will be open for exports? U sure?
And when it will be ready for tests for buying nations?

It will be open for export ( since few countries are interested azerba/saudi/qatar/UAE/ even tunisia spoke about it), but since the motor is a german made, it will be a little difficult for pakistan. so if it's not for export with this type of motor, then pakistan gonna wait the indegenious one.

It would open soon as production starts in fact Saudi Arabia is already very interested in this Tank. Question is whether Pakistan is ready to go for Tank which weighs around 65 tonnes

It will be open for export ( since few countries are interested azerba/saudi/qatar/UAE/ even tunisia spoke about it), but since the motor is a german made, it will be a little difficult for pakistan. so if it's not for export with this type of motor, then pakistan gonna wait the indegenious one.
Could Otokar swap in the Ukrainian 6TD-3 1,500 hp engine?

Could Otokar swap in the Ukrainian 6TD-3 1,500 hp engine?

For that I don't know since the only official talk is either the german one or the indigenous Tumosan engine. and turkish gov gave till today for Tumosan to give an answer about the motor project, since they got an extention of time for this project.
If tumosan is accepted then Altay will be delayed even more at least few years
Tumosan is making tractor engine*

And I am sure Oplot M's are coming in numbers, provided the current civilian setup in Pakistan continues.
Otherwise everything will b held back till the new Government came and hold talks again.

As China is very busy producing VT4 tanks for Thailand and Iraq, we can wait Pakistan a while. :smitten:

A friend talked to T-80 commander of Pakistan Army. He said Chinese Tanks have no chance of coming. OPLOT M chances are really high
Another round of fake news. Thailand is very unhappy abt the performance of OPLOT M tank and they decide to buy Chinese VT-4. PA is still in negotiation for VT-4 but it is the price that is bottleneck. It is more expensive than OPLOT M and Russian T-90.

As China is very busy producing VT4 tanks for Thailand and Iraq, we can wait Pakistan a while. :smitten:

China can cater to the demand as they have the capacity to do it.

However, on a personal note i don't want to see VT-4, as its job can be done by Al Khalids & T-80s plus the Oplots if they get acquired.

What i want to see is the Pakistanis get into cooperation with China and look to the future and learn from present especially the conflicts in mid east and how ATGMs have devastated tanks & built something which can counter specifically the ATGM threat. A very good active protection system with hard kill capability is needed for future tanks and i want the 46-52 tonne category of tanks fulfilled by AKs, T-80s & Oplots, while for future we work with the Chinese cum Turks and some upto with a heavier model which can take punches and keep going forward. A hard kill APS is a must.

Pakistan’s liking in VT4 and T99A2's are for a different kind of requirement... that is Al-Haider tank program of 55 tons category. Oplot M's belongs to a lighter category i.e., 51tons.

China can cater to the demand as they have the capacity to do it.

However, on a personal note i don't want to see VT-4, as its job can be done by Al Khalids & T-80s plus the Oplots if they get acquired.

What i want to see is the Pakistanis get into cooperation with China and look to the future and learn from present especially the conflicts in mid east and how ATGMs have devastated tanks & built something which can counter specifically the ATGM threat. A very good active protection system with hard kill capability is needed for future tanks and i want the 46-52 tonne category of tanks fulfilled by AKs, T-80s & Oplots, while for future we work with the Chinese cum Turks and some upto with a heavier model which can take punches and keep going forward. A hard kill APS is a must.
The rumored OPLOT deal may prove to be just that!! A road into the APS world.
Turkey can be of assistance as well.

Back
Top Bottom