What's new

Is T-99A2 the Al Haider of Pakistan ??????

Its said that T-14 is equipped with AESA :-) plus its said that T-14 can counter incoming SABOT rounds.
Theoretically yes.
It is yet to be proven.
And that "AESA" radar is not the one found on air crafts. It's APS radar, It uses UV radiation instead of Radio waves and work in conjuring with Hard Kill active protection suite.
As far as I know T14 have two different Hard Kill APS. One is based on rotatable launchers each containing dozen projectiles. It provide 360 degree coverage & protect from Guided weapons & rockets.
As far as Sabot round or any kinetic penetrated goes, it is countered by Afghanit APS (Wonder ful name :p:) which has fixed cylinder like launchers surrounding the turret on flanks & front. From look of it my guess is that it must have smart projectiles for interception of Sabot with some fragmented warhead.
China don't have any thing like that. But most importantly this tech is new, immature, unproven & expensive..... Akkor APS from Turkey can become our shot if we really went for any hardkill APS. Unlike many other hard kill APS, Akkor use smart projectiles too:coffee:

Last edited:
PA needs "2000 - 2200" 50T tanks and "350 - 500" 55T+ tanks. That's an open secret our enemy knows it better then us lol.
Now as I also said here on this forum before about tanks weight and number ratio which was discussed with some experience in this field.
If u look at numbers 2000 Al-Khalid does not sound good . My take is we may have 1000AK and rest 1000AH VT-4 or Oplot(Since T80s are getting upgrades to Oplot level my guess is our Al-Haider is Oplot tank).
These T-99 A2 are may be off the shelf purchase for 55T+ weight category "which we need for proper offensive force". These Tanks will go to strikes corps only. If the news is true again a big IF , then that's mean one great step towards having great offensive armour strike force, but it also means no Turkish Tank.
Only the time will tell , But if u ask for need , yes its there we do need Tanks , but again only the time will tell until that time comes, I'm afraid , this all will stay as only Wishes .

Type-99A2-Workbook-Turret-Overview-1024x441.jpg

There has been much speculation on the type of new Active Protection System the Type 99A2 would be installed. The new system does not have any visual “hard-kill” launchers. Mounted on the roof is a traversable laser detection and jamming device, which is believed to have a ZM87 capability (the ability to blind an enemy gunner). It has the ability to be elevated to a high angle to jam anti-tank helicopters.
http://tanknutdave.com/type-99a2-main-battle-tank/

Type-99A2-Image-5.jpg

Test this machine in Syrian or Iraqi urban warfare first ...

So what about Al khalid? We are looking for other tanks. Has Already Khalid failed us? What's going on and why All Khalid is not being upgraded and improved like jf17?

Back
Top Bottom