What's new

Is Afghani culture same as Pakistani culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shahrukh Khan, Indian superstar is an Afghani by origin.

Vidya%2C_Sharukh_and_Anushka_at_Apsara.jpg
shahrukh khan's father was from Peshawar, present day KP Pakistan & not Afghanistan, he still has relatives in Peshawar he even visited Khyber pakhtunkhwa heck even BBC did an article on this

SRK in Peshawar
Another three minutes down a busy street is the ancestral home of Shah Rukh Khan, or SRK - the biggest and most expensive actor in Bollywood today.

_64400569_srk_noor.jpg
Shah Rukh Khan used to visit his family in Peshawar - and they have been to Mumbai to meet him
SRK's father, Taj Mohammad Khan, was born and raised here, and SRK himself spent many days and nights here as a teenager when he came visiting on family holidays from his birthplace, Delhi.

His first cousin, Noor Jahan, who lives in the house, has been to Mumbai twice to meet him - the last time in 2010.

"He slept in this very room where we are sitting," she says, recalling the two visits SRK paid to the house in 1978 and 1979.

"He was very happy to be here, because it was the first time he'd met his father's family. In India he only has relatives from his mother's side."

BBC News - Bollywood's Shah Rukh Khan, Dilip Kumar and the Peshawar club

other indian superstars who were from present day Pakistan are
Raj Kapoor (Peshawar ,KP)
Dilip Kumar(Peshawar, KP)
Devanand (Shakargarh Tehsil,punjab )
Manoj Kumar (Abbottabad, KP)
Vinod Khanna (Peshawar,KP)
Madhubala's father Ataullah Khan was also from Peshawar KP
Govinda's parents were from Gujranwala,punjub
Chetan Anand (Lahore,pakistan)
Amrish puri, & Madan puri (Lahore,punjab)
Shekhar Kapur (Lahore, Punjab)
Teji Bachchan (Mother of Amitabh bachchan) (fasalabad,Punjab)
Yash chopra ( Lahore,punjab)
Sunil dutt (Jhelum,punjab)
Kader khan (pishin,Baluchistan)
Prem chopra (Lahore,panjub)
Sadhana Shivdasani,(Karachi,Sindh)
G.P Sippy Ramesh Sippy makers of Sholey (Karachi,sindh)
Surinder Kapoor (father of Anil Kapoor,Boney Kapoor,Sanjay Kapoor) (Peshawar,KP)

I thought this thread was about proving who is the whitest (and therefore superior). What happened? :rofl:

you showed up wiith your blackface thats what happened

@Multani @pakdefender

why so insecure ?? My grand father was born in India (most probably yours too) and he was a proud Indian for most of his life until he became a proud Pakistani . But he did not have to change his culture , language , customs etc. to become a Pakistani . One day he woke up and he was a Pakistani !!

And there are more Muslims in India than Pakistan . We share with them , the things you are talking about (dress, eating habits etc.) . Now would you say that they are not Indians and their culture is Pakistani ??

Our grandfathers are long gone , may they rest in peace , they may have opened their eyes in what was British india but not us , in two generations time there will perhaps be no one left in Pakistan who opened their eyes in what was British india , today Pakistan is 67 years old , in 2047 Pakistan will be 100 years old , Pakistan has its own past , own present and its own future and most certainly our culture is not indian

Last edited:
ok. it was a very deep philosophical answer, please make it simple.....:P......i didn't understood
That will hurt you a lot and moderators will surely ban him. ;)

I really need to learn some history,most of the troll threads are in that domain only,I miss all the fun :sad:

you showed up wiith your blackface thats what happened

Our grandfathers are long gone , may they rest in peace , they may have opened their eyes in what was British india but not us , in two generations time there will perhaps be no one left in Pakistan who opened their eyes in what was British india , today Pakistan is 67 years old , in 2047 Pakistan will be 100 years old , Pakistan has its own past , own present and its own future and most certainly our culture is not indian
Can you tell me how you chose your name? How have you been defending Pakistan Mr"pakdefender"?

every indian state and pakitani state has its own culture....its wrong to say all is same..Afghanistan is more like Iranians culture less like central Asians. anyway in time all will be punjabified. our cultural sphere is increasing...

@RazPaK & @pak-marine
both of you stop fighting this is exactly what the op wanted by opening such a thread a bloody flame war where people would start mudslinging on each other both of you are one both of you are Pakistanis & so stop this bihari vs jatt fight & hug each other
Pashtun, Punjabi , Muhajir/Bihari, Sindhi, Baluchi, Kashmiri, Gilgit-Baltistani
hum ek hain
upload_2014-3-22_7-44-23.png

Last edited:
both of you stop fighting this is exactly what the op wanted by opening such a thread
Hardly fair to blame the OP for the tendencies of people here. He asked a plain question, its just people responding exactly the way they are.

You must be spokin afghanistans finest? so called afghani pashtu isnt "pure" but farsi"fied"/dilluted.. ... the purest Pakhtu is spoken in FATA n adjoining areas... than the softer version is Pesh etc...

LOL, shut up you mixed punjabi pashtun.

ok. it was a very deep philosophical answer, please make it simple.....:P......i didn't understood

Actually when people like you act racist, it is quite funny.

Because for the racists amongst us (I am not a racist BTW), you would end up somewhere near the very bottom of the race pyramid.

There are quite a few names that people have for people like you, I don't find them polite or politically correct so would avoid them as long as I can.

Unless you ask for them/. ;)

BTW, by claiming to follow and "egalitarian religion" and then also trying to stupidly act racist, you show that you got the worst of both worlds.

People like you constantly complain of being victims of racism and "profiling" at the airport etc. for example. ;)

BTW, some of you Muslims acknowledge the obvious.

Muslims are an extremely intolerant group and yet extremely sensitive when it comes to their own religious sensitivities.

Terrorism, Shameless Religious Bigotry and Pakistani Mindset
As I write these sentences, the details of the most shameful attack on thereligious sites of Ahmedis in Lahore are unfolding. However, this is not new as Pakistan has been the victim of this brazen behavior repeatedly. The thirty years of state sponsored “true” Islam is showing its colors. In Pakistan all the minorities are constantly harassed and state’s protection has often proved completely ineffective when a serious attack occurs. Although the counterargument can also be made that state is not also able to protect even when Muslims are attacked.

In case of Ahmedis it is a well known fact that they have been victims of state induced discrimination also apart from being openly hated by the public. In fact even today as this most in human barbarity was unfolding I had the opportunity to actually hear people in my office saying that though terrorism is bad Ahmedis deserved it. Muslims are an extremely intolerant group and yet extremely sensitive when it comes to their own religious sensitivities. And when such minorities are under attack the state protection has often been particularly inadequate and public condemnation virtually absent.After all we all remember Gojra where the government was completely unable to provide protection to the Christians when attackers attacked their houses and literally burnt people alive. In that incidence, there was no “sudden’ attack but mob actually first assembled after being provoked by the religious clergy and then systematically executed the attack. But even much more horrific was the aftermath where instead of widespread condemnation, the public response was apologetic. That incidence was not a political failure alone. It was national shame and depicted weakness at every level of our society’s moral fabric.

What is really dangerous is the complete inability of the media as well as general public to even effectively condemn, let alone stop, horrific acts like religious violence and even general terrorism. The aftermaths of every shameless incidence of hate filled religious bigotry as well as terrorism follows more or less similar pattern. A few sporadic and weak protests are raised while the majority either calls it a grand conspiracy of the West to defame Islam or gives even more hypocritical apologetic defense. Ours is a shallow society which is ready to get enraged over cartoons and Facebook but completely impotent when something far more sinister happens. Killing of so many innocent people should draw far more condemnation and yet all we do is to knit conspiracy theories. In fact our intellectual abilities are generally geared towards knitting conspiracy theories and providing apologetic defense to monsters like Taliban.

In my opinion the failure to condemn and criticize is even more horrifying than the actual tragedy because this insensitivity provides the conducive environment for future sustenance of this hate filled behavior. Our society features rabble rousers and bigots like Zaid Hamids and Dr. Amir Liaqat as the media stars who are actually patronized by mainstream media and promoted by the corporate sector through advertisements. Such characters have openly incited hatred against the Ahmedi community and have also given apologetic defense to terrorism. In civilized countries such people are hated and in our side these are actually adulated. It is this shameless insensitivity, not the grand conspiracies of the West, which breeds terrorism and religious bigotry.

There will be people who would say that in Pakistan even the Muslims are target of terrorism and so therefore this time reference to religious bigotry should not be made. After all, the incident is likely to have been carried out by Pakistani Taliban who have also conducted suicide attacks in the Sunni majority areas. MY RESPONSE WOULD BE THAT WE ARE NOT EVEN ABLE TO CONDEMN THESE MONSTERS WHEN THEY ATTACK US. Therefore to expect that our public will condemn when they attack minorities is actually expecting too much and in fact I know that when it comes to minorities like Ahmedis and Shias, actually such incidences are not even construed as something wrong. Due to hatred against the minorities such incidence would actually find little to no condemnation.
And even when such attacks are conducted against the general public they are conveniently blamed on the grand conspiracy of USA. THE CENTRAL ISSUE IS OF OUR MINDSET WHICH IS DELUSIONAL AND HAS BEEN NURTURED THROUGH ISLAMIC MYTHOLOGY ACCORDING TO WHICH MUSLIMS ARE SUPERIOR IN CALIBRE AS WELL AS VIRTUE AND THEREFORE CANNOT INDULGE IN ANYTHING SINISTER LIKE TERRORISM. In Pakistan, this pattern of thinking is also supplemented by a strong dose of ultra nationalism which assumes Pakistan with its nuclear arsenal to be spearheading the revival of the lost glory of Islam. Primarily this mindset is outward looking and assumes that due to Pakistan’s “supreme” importance in the above context, all the non Muslim forces are jealous and therefore trying to create a conducive environment to purge our nuclear arsenal through planting extremism. According to this delusional mindset, the key conspirator is USA which due to its Jewish appeasement and own insecurities against resurgence of glorious Islam is trying to destabilize Pakistan to find an excuse to purge its nuclear arsenal. INHERENTLY RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY IS ALSO STRONGLY IMBEDDED IN THIS MINDSET BECAUSE OF ASSUMED SUPERIORITY OF “PURE” MUSLIMS AND DEEP SUSPICION OF NON MUSLIMS. Consequently even those sects such as Ahmedis who identify themselves as Muslims are often called agents planted by the British and later on USA to wreck havoc in the Islamic world’s “unity”. Hatred against non Muslims and conspiracy theories become the main paradigm through which we see the world.
This mindset has become particularly vigorous after 9/11. Throughout the post 9/11 period, I have just listened to non sense conspiracy theories and complete irrational apologetic defense. Everything is generally blamed on USA and in this process we end up strengthening dark nihilist forces of terrorism and religious extremism. In fact I remember when these monsters attacked Islamic International University, after two day students were protesting not against Taliban but against Kerry Luger bill!
In near past, just because USA was forcing us to take a timely action against the militants, we were all against it because in our heads it was against us and our “own” people. Those delays eventually enabled the militants to have a complete foothold in places like Swat. When news regarding the Taliban atrocities started to emerge, we refused to believe them because some of the western channels were also airing them.

As late as 2009, when flogging video went on air, instead of being appalled, the entire media thrust was on proving that it was a fake. It had to be propaganda against Islam and us. The Nazam-e Adl deal was virtually endorsed by our media and a large section of sensation loving romantic nationalist urban middleclass. And when ANP successfully maneuvered the situation to expose that militants were indeed animals, almost overnight they became bad Taliban who had been created by USA. We conveniently overlooked the fact that in fact USA had been pressurizing us to take action earlier and only a few days before we were reacting violently to opposition to Nazam-e-Adl by calling it interference in our internal affairs. And not surprisingly when reality dawned about Taliban by virtue of a live speech of Sufi Muhammad, we were quick to point out to the possibility of emergence of “Bad” Taliban. In this parallel universe every fact had to be spun to be consistent with the original premise.

Terrorism, Shameless Religious Bigotry and Pakistani Mindset | Pak Tea House

Last edited:
Why are 2 Pakistanis ready to devour each other's flesh? Goodness, and the troll that opened this thread never came back.
Meanwhile you have these insecure Indians spreading their propaganda everywhere on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom