What's new

Iran's Foreign Minister Zarif resigns

Blackmoon

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Javad Zarif, a key player in the Iranian government for years, announced he's stepping down as foreign minister.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif stepped down on Monday, announcing his resignation on Instagram.
"I am apologising you for all the shortcomings ... in the past years during my time as foreign minister... I thank the Iranian nation and officials," he wrote on his Instagram page jzarif_ir.
There was no immediate reason giving for the resignation.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/venezuela-crisis-latest-updates-190123205835912.html

maxresdefault.jpg

This man has my respect. Few years ago when he was meeting his counterparts in the European Union to secure a nuclear deal for Iran, much of the western world listened to him and respected the way he presented the case of the Iranian people. I could be wrong but I think he's leaving because the entire Iranian Mullah Establishment is in turmoil. Probably wants to save face.

Javad Zarif, a key player in the Iranian government for years, announced he's stepping down as foreign minister.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif stepped down on Monday, announcing his resignation on Instagram.
"I am apologising you for all the shortcomings ... in the past years during my time as foreign minister... I thank the Iranian nation and officials," he wrote on his Instagram page jzarif_ir.
There was no immediate reason giving for the resignation.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/venezuela-crisis-latest-updates-190123205835912.html

maxresdefault.jpg
He was a gem.

The current idiot president of the USA lies because he is ignorant or childish. Javad Zarif lies because he thinks the rest of the world is stupid.
Then he would no doubt have been correct in that assumption considering the current crop of western politicians he was forced to deal with,basically all morons and/or weaklings every one.
But it does raise the question of who will replace him in this thankless task,and whether they will continue his softly,softly "diplomatic" style approach,or whether it will be someone with a more shall we say hardline approach.Only time will tell of course,but hopefully rouhani will finally realise that trying to be reasonable and diplomatic with the west only got iran spat on.

good move for him.... he did his job brilliantly working on the deal. Nobody could have anticipated trump. there is not much else for him to do really. he (Iran) is not going to be negotiating with the trump admin. and rouhani's term would have been up by the time the trump ran for re-election

on top of that, rouhani's is politically in trouble. Hes a lame duck whos going to become the economic scape goat. zariff is smart to want no part of that sinking ship.

Back
Top Bottom