What's new

Iran sports thread

Congrats Iran!! :cheers:

Syrians supporting our brothers and cheering for the Iranian team !! WE ARE ONE!!
You are my man .:cheers:
tumblr_m48krcbewk1r3zat8[1].png

My parents have that channel and it's not full HD. There are no full HD channels in Iran. You'd need different receivers to get HD signals in the first place.

But in any case, the main issue is censorship. Iran is the only country on the planet where sporting events are censored. Watching a football game on an Iranian channel is pure torture. The feed is SD 480p at best, the stadium audio is always cut and spectators are always cut out by replaying previous scenes.
IRIB HD is 1080i .which is not perfect but a lot better than what they use for other channels . About the censorship well more than that is walking on the nerves I have nothing else to add .

We will play Korea in the semis if we top the group and win our quarter final battle.

We will play Korea in the semis if we top the group and win our quarter final battle.
Korea should also win Uzbakistan/KSA in 1/4 to reach semi-finals.anyway we have a better chance against SK.we have won the last three matchs with them.

I cant forget their coach's slanders in Tehran.he said we will beat Iran in Australia.

Korea should also win Uzbakistan/KSA in 1/4 to reach semi-finals.anyway we have a better chance against SK.we have won the last three matchs with them.

I cant forget their coach's slanders in Tehran.he said we will beat Iran in Australia.

Lets not forget what happened last time korean coach talked smack about iran (choi kee hang). He said Iran would watch the World Cup from home and korea would beat Iran.
But we shut their big mouths. Keyrosh morabiye kore khoob javabesh dad

Man, I just hate Koreans when in comes to sport.

I hate them in real life. I've encountered many of them in other forums and in the real, and generally speaking they are a rude and shitty bunch. Many I have encountered have been quite racist/xenophobes as well.
Not everyone off course, but many of them. I have bad experience with koreans. I dont like them.

Man, I just hate Koreans when in comes to sport.
I hate them in real life. I've encountered many of them in other forums and in the real, and generally speaking they are a rude and shitty bunch. Many I have encountered have been quite racist/xenophobes as well.
Not everyone off course, but many of them. I have bad experience with koreans. I dont like them.

yep they're a rude and cheating bunch of people . don't forget their actions in asian games as well .

also they support their teams in stadium by cursing the opponents :lol:

albate ma ham az een ghaede mostasna nistim vali khob ..... yekam kamtar :D

SK is badly bruised. They have a bus load of injured players.

lost players for Korea
DEF: Yun Suk Young (QPR) and Hong Jeong Ho (Augsburg) could not make squad injury,
MID: Kim Bo Kyung (Cardiff) out of form, Koo Ja Cheol (mainz) torn elbow ligament, Lee Chung Yong (Bolton) Leg injury,
FOR: Lee Dong Gook (Jeonbuk), Kim Shin Wook (Ulsan), Ji Dong Won (Augsburg), Kim Seung Dae (Pohang), Injured.

They're obnoxious just like us and they have the "gheyrat" concept. Guess what, as a people we're just as obnoxious and xenophobic. Koreans are actually very straight forward people compared to the Japanese so people think Japanese are well mannered while Chinese and Koreans are not. That's not true. The Japanese are 1000000 times more racist and xenophobic, but culturally they're designed to keep everything in. They will never tell you what's on their minds. Koreans and Chinese will and that's why I like them.

Overall no Iranian can claim superiority over Koreans. Culturally we are very similar. We're both gheyrati and obnoxious.

yep they're a rude and cheating bunch of people . don't forget their actions in asian games as well .

also they support their teams in stadium by cursing the opponents :lol:

albate ma ham az een ghaede mostasna nistim vali khob ..... yekam kamtar :D
Haman, how do you know? Have you lived with Koreans? Ate with them? Befriended them? Went inside their homes? Talked to their elders? Tried to understand their culture? To say that so blatantly when you live in Iran, one of the least multicultural societies in the world, is quite ridiculous.

Koreans are so close to Iranians culturally it's scary. I've spent a lot of time with Koreans and Chinese people who grew up in the West. Compared to the Japanese, they are a thousand times more open and friendly, but they're also more frank, obnoxious and gheyrati. These are all traits that Japanese people don't show openly so you automatically think they're better. Not even close. My Chinese friend moved back to China 2 years ago, he got married and had a child. When my dad and brother wanted to go to China last year he wanted to get on a train and go pick them up and show them the entire country. Koreans are just as nice once you understand them.

Look at their countries. You think you can become so successful in life without having the right traits? Iranians are considered some of the most obnoxious people on the planet and here you are calling Koreans rude without ever having even seen a Korean in your life.

Look at their countries. You think you can become so successful in life without having the right traits?

Success in the context that you raised, actually has less to do with "traits". It has more to do with how the elite and specially the rulers of a country think and implement. The rulers of countries like China or S.Korea actually looked up to Japan as an example, getting inspiration to achieve a science and technology based economy. For instance China tried to become Japan by implementing the "4 modernization program" and the market reforms. Japan itself had a longer history with Meiji restoration and then after the WWII, the economic planning of their prime minster Hayato Ikeda. Similar is the story of Korea.

See the example of Hyundai Motors which came to existence 2 years after Iran Khodro, assembling Ford cars. But the Korean elite unlike the Iranian elite did not stop there. They knew that they were incapable of designing cars by themselves so, they hired the best car designers they could find and started producing their own designs and this continued till they learned how to design on their own. Unfortunately Iranians only use foreigner trainers for football, basketball and maybe even volleyball but for serious economic activity, they prefer a local guy from Hamadan or Zahedan. As you can see this is not about traits of a people but traits of the elite/ruling class. Otherwise if football coaches can be hired for millions of dollars who live and train teams in Iran, then why best Italian or German car designers can not be hired in Iran Khodro? I am sure a famous and talented Italian car designer would love 5 million dollars a year package by Iran Khodro.

As for your gheirat argument and its relation to football fan behavior, I can assure you that no Iranian or Korean can ever beat a British fan of a football club. You will not even be able to measure let alone understand the gheirat of a British fan for his football club. What you call gheirat is actually a kind of passion. And in the dedication to passion you will hardly find any one surpassing British and Germans (and by extension other Europeans). Be it in religion, nationalism, love, arts, science, technology and even games.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom