What's new

Iran hangs 26-year-old woman rape victim

All this commotion over a convicted murderer.
That just goes to show the kind of magnifying glasses there is on Iran.

If someone in Iran farts, it will be breaking story

Btw I dont agree with her death at all, as I am against death penalty. Her trial may have been unjust, I wouldnt know.
But such things happen on consistent basis even in countries like USA, where things racism in institutionalized and there is over representation of minorities (hispanics, blacks) in prisons. And a lot unfair trials going on, and innocent people getting wrongly executed.

I dont agree with the execution of this woman, but I dont see a reason why this should be put under the microscope and be major news.
She was convicted in a court of law, for murder.

Lets leave western media aside,why punish kids for singing the ''Happy'' song on internet,what did they do wrong?

Why do you think I agree with those kids getting arrested? That idiot police chief who was ranting about arresting them in 6 hours is the joke of all this. No I don't accept any kinds of these stupid things, like arresting some kids for singing and dancing in streets or girls and boys for celebrating 'openly' in parks. On the other hand, I also don't fall easily for rubbish some western media publish trying to manipulate stories, hence spoiling it.
Oh please. You rant against amnesty and say that you don't support it. Of course you do support it. It's even worse because you are supposed to be one of those "educated people." There is no justification for this at all.

What kind of proof are you looking for? 4 witnesses? She had no reason to randomly kill a government official despite knowing that she would get in trouble.

Just put all you have read before aside. I am not judging whether that man was trying to rape her or not. It has nothing to do with being a government official in case of murder, because the sentence for any kind of intentional murder, whether an official or a homeless man, is execution unless victim's family forgives the perpetrator.

What I am asking is, just try to imagine that maybe the story is being reported just opposite of what actually happened. For example she may have killed him for money, no one knows and maybe she has lied to gain sympathy as a 'rape' victim, or the opposite, maybe it was all the truth.

In case you didn't know, the punishment for rape is also execution. So here's the question: If the man was one of your family members, would you still have sympathy like this with all these gestures? Wouldn't you even once question whether the rape claim is actually true or not?

Again I am not saying that she may not have been innocent, maybe she was innocent and was executed with injustice. All I ask is that we keep another door open for our assumptions and don't act like a sheep when it comes to what media is trying to feed us with.

Amnesty International can literally go to hell.
These bastards only tend to request 'amnesty' for a handpicked group of people in some handpicked countries.
Hundreds of people die around the world by injustice and I barely see them barking like this. But when someone farts in countries like Iran, Russia or China, they all go mad.

Also, there is no proof that the man that was murdered was trying to rape her. His family asked her to provide proof and then they would forgive her. How can we know she didn't kill him for another reason? Maybe also that's the truth, we can't know for sure, the problem is the huge amount of propaganda and barking by organizations like Amnesty international.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with execution of this woman, but I am against the mass media bias on this story in western media, but nothing more is expected. There is a propaganda war going on between two sides.

What sort of evidence would be sufficient as proof of "trying" to be raped? I do not think there was a way of proving it unless if she had killed the man after the rape. Either way this is one of those unfortunate cases that fall through the cracks and leave a bitter taste. I would have jailed her indefinitely. Killing her while she had made accusations like that will be highlighted by the media. Why wouldn't it?

What sort of evidence would be sufficient as proof of "trying" to be raped? I do not think there was a way of proving it unless if she had killed the man after the rape. Either way this is one of those unfortunate cases that fall through the cracks and leave a bitter taste. I would have jailed her indefinitely. Killing her while she had made accusations like that will be highlighted by the media. Why wouldn't it?

I was just reading a report on BBC which said it was not the murder actually, but the huge and biased media coverage that killed this woman. The victim family were ready at different points to forgive her, but her family publicized the story and many many negative things about the murdered man was circulating around the net and also among people. Just imagine you have lost a family member and such a huge media coverage goes against him after he is dead, indeed it will make you more determined to go on with the execution.

Interesting part is that, I was reading opinions of some fierce opponents of the regime and they were all saying that her family and also the mass biased media campaign was the main reason she was executed, otherwise, she would have most probably been forgiven. Almost every few days, a murderer is forgiven by victim's family in different parts of Iran, but almost none of them is publicized like this, and also not used as a tool by those bastards in Amnesty International to play with the life of a young woman like this one to pursue their own agenda. I'm so sad for this incident, but first and foremost, I blame her family for their stupidity, talking to every random foreign news outlet they could reach.

@ResurgentIran

Just put all you have read before aside. I am not judging whether that man was trying to rape her or not. It has nothing to do with being a government official in case of murder, because the sentence for any kind of intentional murder, whether an official or a homeless man, is execution unless victim's family forgives the perpetrator.

What I am asking is, just try to imagine that maybe the story is being reported just opposite of what actually happened. For example she may have killed him for money, no one knows and maybe she has lied to gain sympathy as a 'rape' victim, or the opposite, maybe it was all the truth.

In case you didn't know, the punishment for rape is also execution. So here's the question: If the man was one of your family members, would you still have sympathy like this with all these gestures? Wouldn't you even once question whether the rape claim is actually true or not?

Again I am not saying that she may not have been innocent, maybe she was innocent and was executed with injustice. All I ask is that we keep another door open for our assumptions and don't act like a sheep when it comes to what media is trying to feed us with.

A woman taking money to kill a government official is just out of the question. She was a successful student from a middle class family. I don't think she would ever want to ruin her own life by getting involved in a case like this. I don't even think for a second that this woman has done this intentionally. There are many executions in Iran that go unnoticed but this one made it to the headlines due to the facts that this woman was not allowed for a retrial, she killed the man who allegedly tried to rape her and that the one who was killed was a government official. Sorry, I don't buy your story.

Why did they not allow a retrial?

LOL that,s very rich coming from an indian .How are the preparations for the delhi winter rape festival going ? :lol:
Yo are in top. Top gun ;) come and get em :D

Amnesty condemns 'bloody stain on human rights record' as Iran hangs 26-year-old woman

Amnesty International denounced “another bloody stain” on Iran’s human rights record on Saturday when a 26-year-old woman was executed for allegedly killing a man who she said was intent on rape.

Reyhaneh Jabbari was hanged at dawn in Evin Prison in Tehran after spending seven years behind bars. She was the 967th person to be executed since Hassan Rouhani took office as Iran’s president on 4 Aug 2013, according to the Iran Human Rights Documentation Centre.

The state media announced that Miss Jabbari had been put to death after the family of the man she was accused of killing declined to grant a reprieve. Her mother, Shole Pakravan, confirmed the execution and said she was going to a cemetery to identify her daughter’s corpse.

Amnesty International and other human rights groups had campaigned for Miss Jabbari to be spared the death penalty. On several occasions, her execution was thought to be imminent, but each time there was a delay. In the end, however, Iran’s hardline judiciary proved impermeable to outside pressure.

“This is another bloody stain on Iran’s human rights record,” said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, the deputy director of Amnesty’s Middle East and North Africa Programme. “Once again Iran has insisted on applying the death penalty despite serious concerns over the fairness of the trial.”

Miss Jabbari was sentenced to death in 2009 after what Amnesty called a “deeply flawed investigation”. She admitted stabbing Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi, a former intelligence ministry official, but pleaded self-defence. On her account, she stabbed Sarbandi in the back as he was trying to rape her – but the victim was actually killed by another named person, who was never the focus of inquiry.

Amnesty said these claims “if proven” could have exonerated Miss Jabari. But they were never “properly investigated, raising many questions about the circumstances of the killing”.

Amnesty added that the judiciary had “pressured” Miss Jabbari to “replace her lawyer, Mohammad Ali Jedari Foroughi, for a more inexperienced one, in an apparent attempt to prevent an investigation of her claims”.

Over the last decade, Iran’s regime has typically hanged between 500 and 600 people every year, giving the country the highest number of executions in the world, apart from China. Unlike in China, however, hangings in Iran often take place in public.

The pace of executions has accelerated since Mr Rouhani became president: 381 people were hanged between his accession to office and 31 Dec 2013. Another 586 are known to have been put to death so far this year, including Miss Jabbari, according to a database maintained by the Iran Human Rights Documentation Centre.

While Mr Rouhani has moderated Iran’s foreign policy, critics say that he has done nothing to ease the regime’s domestic oppression. In particular, he appointed a notorious figure, Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi, as justice minister. Mr Pour-Mohammadi was dubbed the “minister of murder” by Human Rights Watch for his role in overseeing the mass killing of thousands of prisoners in 1988.

Amnesty condemns 'bloody stain on human rights record' as Iran hangs 26-year-old woman - Telegraph
RIP poor lady :(

Last edited:
A woman taking money to kill a government official is just out of the question. She was a successful student from a middle class family. I don't think she would ever want to ruin her own life by getting involved in a case like this. I don't even think for a second that this woman has done this intentionally. There are many executions in Iran that go unnoticed but this one made it to the headlines due to the facts that this woman was not allowed for a retrial, she killed the man who allegedly tried to rape her and that the one who was killed was a government official. Sorry, I don't buy your story.

Why did they not allow a retrial?

Who said she has received money to murder him? I was saying that there can be hundreds of other scenarios.

The court delayed the execution for 10 or 15 days and numerous sittings were held between both families and officials to in order for victim's family to forgive her.

And as far as I heard, there had been a retrial and her death sentence was approved again in the second trial.

Who said she has received money to murder him? I was saying that there can be hundreds of other scenarios.
Put yourself in her position. Would you ever kill a government official intentionally while knowing the consequences? Regardless of the scenario, I don't see a reason why she would do it on purpose. According to the story, the murdered man's family asked the woman to drop the accusation that the man had tried to rape her but she refused to do so because she wanted to save her dignity. I don't see why it's hard to believe her story as your government doesn't have a good reputation for respecting justice.

Also your rant against Amnesty is just baseless. All thanks to Amnesty and international pressure a woman was saved from stoning few years ago. If it wasn't for it, the woman would have faced a horrible death for a crime that shouldn't even be a crime in any part of the world

I was just reading a report on BBC which said it was not the murder actually, but the huge and biased media coverage that killed this woman. The victim family were ready at different points to forgive her, but her family publicized the story and many many negative things about the murdered man was circulating around the net and also among people. Just imagine you have lost a family member and such a huge media coverage goes against him after he is dead, indeed it will make you more determined to go on with the execution.

Interesting part is that, I was reading opinions of some fierce opponents of the regime and they were all saying that her family and also the mass biased media campaign was the main reason she was executed, otherwise, she would have most probably been forgiven. Almost every few days, a murderer is forgiven by victim's family in different parts of Iran, but almost none of them is publicized like this, and also not used as a tool by those bastards in Amnesty International to play with the life of a young woman like this one to pursue their own agenda. I'm so sad for this incident, but first and foremost, I blame her family for their stupidity, talking to every random foreign news outlet they could reach.

@ResurgentIran

I can not seem to find this report. Could you direct me to the date in question when it was aired?

What happens to the murderer after he is forgiven? Does he gain absolute freedom from prosecution and punishment by law?

Amnesty International can literally go to hell.
These bastards only tend to request 'amnesty' for a handpicked group of people in some handpicked countries.
Hundreds of people die around the world by injustice and I barely see them barking like this. But when someone farts in countries like Iran, Russia or China, they all go mad.

Also, there is no proof that the man that was murdered was trying to rape her. His family asked her to provide proof and then they would forgive her. How can we know she didn't kill him for another reason? Maybe also that's the truth, we can't know for sure, the problem is the huge amount of propaganda and barking by organizations like Amnesty international.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with execution of this woman, but I am against the mass media bias on this story in western media, but nothing more is expected. There is a propaganda war going on between two sides.
and how was she going to prove, she was going to be raped?

In a perfect legal system, signs of struggle will be examined on both parties, there are certain clues that say that there was a struggle, and attempted rape has signs in certain places in the body, this is what forensic medicine is all about.

However, this evidence can be quickly overlooked in the first day through to the first week of the incident if it was deliberately overlooked, either by malice or ignorance.

Also in a perfect legal system, it would have been first proven or disproven that there were signs of struggle and attempted rape before going on with the death of verdict and not leave that part entirely hanging.

And before people start pointing fingers at me, I didn't once claim that Saudi legal system is the ideal one.

In a perfect legal system, signs of struggle will be examined on both parties, there are certain clues that say that there was a struggle, and attempted rape has signs in certain places in the body, this is what forensic medicine is all about.

However, this evidence can be quickly overlooked in the first day through to the first week of the incident if it was deliberately overlooked, either by malice or ignorance.

Also in a perfect legal system, it would have been first proven or disproven that there were signs of struggle and attempted rape before going on with the death of verdict and not leave that part entirely hanging.

And before people start pointing fingers at me, I didn't once claim that Saudi legal system is the ideal one.

There is no perfect legal system. Its made to give out maximum amount of justice possible . All systems are created by man. Even the god given ones are carried out by humans as they see fit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom