What's new

26-year-old Aviad called from the festival: "I'm shot - they're killing everyone here"

GAN HADAROM. On Saturday morning, thousands of people fled for their lives when Hamas terrorists attacked a trance festival. Now the childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi are buried next to each other in their home village.

- Aviad called and said he had been shot, says uncle Hazi Dean.

Aviad Halevi's father washes off his front steps in the village of Gan HaDarom, outside Ashdod, with a hose. He can't bear to talk, he can't. But he welcomes us into the house where the relatives are preparing for the funeral reception.

- I am not supposed to bury him. He was going to bury me, says Aviad's grandfather.

He holds up a couple of handwritten A4 sheets, flips through them.

- I will give a speech for him today. My oldest grandson. How will I manage it?

The voice breaks. Aviad's grandfather turns away, pours orange juice and offers. The tables are set, the house in the village of Gan HaDarom is ready.

But Aviad Halevi's relatives are not.

Uncle Hazi Dean shows us to a small room upstairs. The family is in deep sorrow, but they jointly want Aviad's story to be told. Hazi Dean is given the responsibility of conveying it on behalf of the family.

The festival is called "nature festival" and was for trance music lovers. It was held outdoors in a desert-like area not far from Gaza, in southern Israel, from late Friday night and through the night into Saturday. The 26-year-old childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi went there together last Friday.

- There were thousands of young people there. Hamas knew it. They went straight there, because they knew they would find young people who had come there just to dance and have fun, says Hazi Dean.

At 8 o'clock on Saturday morning, Aviad Halevi called home.

- "I've been shot, I can't walk," he said. He sent his exact location via Whatsapp. "Please come and help us!" he pleaded, says Hazi Dean.

They spoke to Aviad again at nine o'clock. No help had arrived.

- He had lost a lot of blood. At 10 o'clock he again begged us to come. "They kill everyone here," he said.

That was the last time Hazi Dean heard his niece's voice. Then the mobile battery was discharged.

The death toll in Israel passed 600 on Sunday. Many believe it will end at a much higher figure. Emergency departments in the country are overcrowded and it is difficult to have time to notify relatives, which means that the official figures lag behind.

In addition, fighting continued between Israeli soldiers and the terrorist group Hamas in several places in southern Israel. The extent of the attack is not yet fully understood.

It is not yet known how many were killed at the music festival, other than that "dozens" of bodies have been found. Reports suggest that the dead could number in the hundreds. Among the visitors to the festival were a large number of Europeans and Americans, in addition to the Israeli youth.

- Hamas came back and looked for survivors. They came back and shot them again to make sure they were really dead, says Hazi Dean.

IMG_6583.jpeg

Outside the room we are sitting in, several women are crying. The heartbreaking screams enter through the cracks in the door and make Hazi Dean take a deep breath.

- We sent in some very brave men who took weapons with them and went there. One of them found Aviad and Zur dead. He lifted them into the car and drove them home, he says.

Then he bets. This is important to him.

- I want you to write exactly what I say now. Hamas - we are talking about a group of killers, a group of animals. They are not normal people. I don't know where all these hundreds of animals came from. I don't understand how they think. It's crazy.

Hazi Dean looks at his phone, pulls up a clip.
- It's really strange that you just met me. Google my name, says Hazi Dean, spelling.

Hazi Dean is the maternal uncle of Aviad Halevi.

The hits in the search engine show that the man sitting before us is one of Israel's most famous magicians. Aviad Halevi was his assistant.

- And it wasn't even his job! He worked in finance, wanted to make the big bucks, but still, every time I called and asked for his help... he came.
In the clip, Hazi Dean is strapped in and hanging upside down from a crane. He is about to start being lifted upwards, tens of meters into the air. A young Aviad Halevi grabs his cheeks and says something.

- He was the last person I saw in the eyes before I did my trick, the one who said "you can do it". That was the way he was. He was incredibly smart and he didn't have to work with me, but he did it for me, says Hazi Dean.

The burial site is ten minutes by car from the family's house in the village, which is a so-called "moshav". It traditionally means a type of agricultural society where all families have their own businesses, but share tools and vehicles with each other. In Israel there are also kibbutzim, which are collective communities where the residents run businesses together. In Hamas's surprise attack, precisely these types of villages have been hit hard.

In the aftermath, many wonder how it could happen. And why no rescue came for several hours.

It is quiet at the newly dug graves that will soon be filled again. Before the funeral procession arrives, the only thing heard are regular, dull bangs. Sometimes the silence is broken by fighter jets and helicopters passing in the air above us.

The firecrackers come from Israel's bombing of Gaza. Israel is a small country, Gaza is only a few miles south of Ashdod.

- If the flight alarm goes off, don't panic! says a man into the microphone at the funeral.

- Just lie down and hold your hands over your heads.

There, in Gaza, are an unknown number of kidnapped Israelis. Israeli media and websites are flooded with calls from worried relatives, who have lost contact with their loved ones since Saturday and fear the worst.

One of the missing is 23-year-old Dorin Atias. She, like Aviad Halevi, was last seen at the music festival.

"We have turned the world upside down, we have spoken to everyone we can think of. We've looked everywhere, but we can't find her," writes Dorin Atia's mother Tali Atias in an international search.

The only clue to Dorin's whereabouts came via the friend she was at the festival with.

The friend called his sister early Saturday morning and said "they've caught us".

This is how DN works with quality journalism: information published must be true and relevant. Rumors are not enough. We strive for first-hand sources and to be there where it happens. Credibility and impartiality are central values for our news journalism.

GAN HADAROM. On Saturday morning, thousands of people fled for their lives when Hamas terrorists attacked a trance festival. Now the childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi are buried next to each other in their home village.

Aviad Halevi's father washes off his front steps in the village of Gan HaDarom, outside Ashdod, with a hose. He can't bear to talk, he can't. But he welcomes us into the house where the relatives are preparing for the funeral reception.

- I am not supposed to bury him. He was going to bury me, says Aviad's grandfather.

The voice breaks. Aviad's grandfather turns away, pours orange juice and offers. The tables are set, the house in the village of Gan HaDarom is ready.

Uncle Hazi Dean shows us to a small room upstairs. The family is in deep sorrow, but they jointly want Aviad's story to be told. Hazi Dean is given the responsibility of conveying it on behalf of the family.

The festival is called "nature festival" and was for trance music lovers. It was held outdoors in a desert-like area not far from Gaza, in southern Israel, from late Friday night and through the night into Saturday. The 26-year-old childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi went there together last Friday.

- There were thousands of young people there. Hamas knew it. They went straight there, because they knew they would find young people who had come there just to dance and have fun, says Hazi Dean.

- "I've been shot, I can't walk," he said. He sent his exact location via Whatsapp. "Please come and help us!" he pleaded, says Hazi Dean.

- He had lost a lot of blood. At 10 o'clock he again begged us to come. "They kill everyone here," he said.

That was the last time Hazi Dean heard his niece's voice. Then the mobile battery was discharged.

The death toll in Israel passed 600 on Sunday. Many believe it will end at a much higher figure. Emergency departments in the country are overcrowded and it is difficult to have time to notify relatives, which means that the official figures lag behind.

In addition, fighting continued between Israeli soldiers and the terrorist group Hamas in several places in southern Israel. The extent of the attack is not yet fully understood.

It is not yet known how many were killed at the music festival, other than that "dozens" of bodies have been found. Reports suggest that the dead could number in the hundreds. Among the visitors to the festival were a large number of Europeans and Americans, in addition to the Israeli youth.

- Hamas came back and looked for survivors. They came back and shot them again to make sure they were really dead, says Hazi Dean.

View attachment 959591

Outside the room we are sitting in, several women are crying. The heartbreaking screams enter through the cracks in the door and make Hazi Dean take a deep breath.

- We sent in some very brave men who took weapons with them and went there. One of them found Aviad and Zur dead. He lifted them into the car and drove them home, he says.

- I want you to write exactly what I say now. Hamas - we are talking about a group of killers, a group of animals. They are not normal people. I don't know where all these hundreds of animals came from. I don't understand how they think. It's crazy.

- It's really strange that you just met me. Google my name, says Hazi Dean, spelling.

The hits in the search engine show that the man sitting before us is one of Israel's most famous magicians. Aviad Halevi was his assistant.

- And it wasn't even his job! He worked in finance, wanted to make the big bucks, but still, every time I called and asked for his help... he came.
In the clip, Hazi Dean is strapped in and hanging upside down from a crane. He is about to start being lifted upwards, tens of meters into the air. A young Aviad Halevi grabs his cheeks and says something.

- He was the last person I saw in the eyes before I did my trick, the one who said "you can do it". That was the way he was. He was incredibly smart and he didn't have to work with me, but he did it for me, says Hazi Dean.

The burial site is ten minutes by car from the family's house in the village, which is a so-called "moshav". It traditionally means a type of agricultural society where all families have their own businesses, but share tools and vehicles with each other. In Israel there are also kibbutzim, which are collective communities where the residents run businesses together. In Hamas's surprise attack, precisely these types of villages have been hit hard.

In the aftermath, many wonder how it could happen. And why no rescue came for several hours.

It is quiet at the newly dug graves that will soon be filled again. Before the funeral procession arrives, the only thing heard are regular, dull bangs. Sometimes the silence is broken by fighter jets and helicopters passing in the air above us.

The firecrackers come from Israel's bombing of Gaza. Israel is a small country, Gaza is only a few miles south of Ashdod.

- If the flight alarm goes off, don't panic! says a man into the microphone at the funeral.

There, in Gaza, are an unknown number of kidnapped Israelis. Israeli media and websites are flooded with calls from worried relatives, who have lost contact with their loved ones since Saturday and fear the worst.

One of the missing is 23-year-old Dorin Atias. She, like Aviad Halevi, was last seen at the music festival.

"We have turned the world upside down, we have spoken to everyone we can think of. We've looked everywhere, but we can't find her," writes Dorin Atia's mother Tali Atias in an international search.

The only clue to Dorin's whereabouts came via the friend she was at the festival with.

The friend called his sister early Saturday morning and said "they've caught us".

This is how DN works with quality journalism: information published must be true and relevant. Rumors are not enough. We strive for first-hand sources and to be there where it happens. Credibility and impartiality are central values for our news journalism.
Cute article. Really, very touching...

Palestinians have been getting butchered by this very Nation for decades. Let me repeat that...decades.

Q. Did you ever post any article on the killing of a Palestinian child? Any child...

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Palestinians most probably will get hammered in the end, but I think they've sent a message & its most certainly has been received.

Cute article. Really, very touching...

Palestinians have been getting butchered by this very Nation for decades. Let me repeat that...decades.

Q. Did you ever post any article on the killing of a Palestinian child? Any child...

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Palestinians most probably will get hammered in the end, but I think they've sent a message & its most certainly has been received.

Do you Pakistanis really care ? You have no trouble slaughtering Non-Muslims, Bengalis, Balochs, Afghans and Imran Khan supporters at various times in your history

To put things in Context
Pakistanis are more less concerned with our National Matter

We wish a peaceful resolution to both people of Israel / Palestine

He started - She started - They started - Them started

Those phrases have been heard for decades and decades

• Yes it is painful for Palestinians to live with reduced Human Rights
  • Yes Israeli/Jews also have connection to Land commonly shared with Palestinians

There is no Joy in war or conflict
  • Yes Lives are lost for Muslims
  • Yes Lives are lost for Jews

The Answer is universal Answer "No" to war find peaceful solution on Table as mandated by Imran Khan many times

• Pakistanis have never been against Bangladeshi (As they are our brothers from East Pakistan)
  • Pakistanis have never been against Balochistani because they have equal rights in Pakistan as citizens
  • Every Pakistani respects Minorities , the ones who do not are not considered Pakistani or Muslims

Afghanistan illegal residents have been requested to leave and go back to live in their nation which is running fine now and start a new life

Last edited:
Why don't Europeans take back the Jewish people who migrated from there? Now EU is peaceful and there is no chance of another Holocausts so just take them back, there is plenty of empty land in Europe, hell a lot of empty land in USA as well.

Why don't Europeans take back the Jewish people who migrated from there? Now EU is peaceful and there is no chance of another Holocausts so just take them back, there is plenty of empty land in Europe, hell a lot of empty land in USA as well.
Hi,

I don't know why the jews did not claim land from Germany---it was stupid of them not to---.

Germans were defeated---they were subjugated---they were enslaved by the americans---the jews would have lived happily in the Jew Land of germany as a payoff of the so-called atrocities committed against them---.

There will never be peace in the occupied territories---. The jews made a terrible mistake---.

View attachment 959591

Should have stayed in their native european countries. Fcuk around and find out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom