What's new

26-year-old Aviad called from the festival: "I'm shot - they're killing everyone here"

GAN HADAROM. On Saturday morning, thousands of people fled for their lives when Hamas terrorists attacked a trance festival. Now the childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi are buried next to each other in their home village.

- Aviad called and said he had been shot, says uncle Hazi Dean.

Aviad Halevi's father washes off his front steps in the village of Gan HaDarom, outside Ashdod, with a hose. He can't bear to talk, he can't. But he welcomes us into the house where the relatives are preparing for the funeral reception.

- I am not supposed to bury him. He was going to bury me, says Aviad's grandfather.

He holds up a couple of handwritten A4 sheets, flips through them.

- I will give a speech for him today. My oldest grandson. How will I manage it?

The voice breaks. Aviad's grandfather turns away, pours orange juice and offers. The tables are set, the house in the village of Gan HaDarom is ready.

But Aviad Halevi's relatives are not.

Uncle Hazi Dean shows us to a small room upstairs. The family is in deep sorrow, but they jointly want Aviad's story to be told. Hazi Dean is given the responsibility of conveying it on behalf of the family.

The festival is called "nature festival" and was for trance music lovers. It was held outdoors in a desert-like area not far from Gaza, in southern Israel, from late Friday night and through the night into Saturday. The 26-year-old childhood friends Aviad Halevi and Zur Saidi went there together last Friday.

- There were thousands of young people there. Hamas knew it. They went straight there, because they knew they would find young people who had come there just to dance and have fun, says Hazi Dean.

At 8 o'clock on Saturday morning, Aviad Halevi called home.

- "I've been shot, I can't walk," he said. He sent his exact location via Whatsapp. "Please come and help us!" he pleaded, says Hazi Dean.

They spoke to Aviad again at nine o'clock. No help had arrived.

- He had lost a lot of blood. At 10 o'clock he again begged us to come. "They kill everyone here," he said.

That was the last time Hazi Dean heard his niece's voice. Then the mobile battery was discharged.

The death toll in Israel passed 600 on Sunday. Many believe it will end at a much higher figure. Emergency departments in the country are overcrowded and it is difficult to have time to notify relatives, which means that the official figures lag behind.

In addition, fighting continued between Israeli soldiers and the terrorist group Hamas in several places in southern Israel. The extent of the attack is not yet fully understood.

It is not yet known how many were killed at the music festival, other than that "dozens" of bodies have been found. Reports suggest that the dead could number in the hundreds. Among the visitors to the festival were a large number of Europeans and Americans, in addition to the Israeli youth.

- Hamas came back and looked for survivors. They came back and shot them again to make sure they were really dead, says Hazi Dean.

IMG_6583.jpeg

Outside the room we are sitting in, several women are crying. The heartbreaking screams enter through the cracks in the door and make Hazi Dean take a deep breath.

- We sent in some very brave men who took weapons with them and went there. One of them found Aviad and Zur dead. He lifted them into the car and drove them home, he says.

Then he bets. This is important to him.

- I want you to write exactly what I say now. Hamas - we are talking about a group of killers, a group of animals. They are not normal people. I don't know where all these hundreds of animals came from. I don't understand how they think. It's crazy.

Hazi Dean looks at his phone, pulls up a clip.
- It's really strange that you just met me. Google my name, says Hazi Dean, spelling.

Hazi Dean is the maternal uncle of Aviad Halevi.

The hits in the search engine show that the man sitting before us is one of Israel's most famous magicians. Aviad Halevi was his assistant.

- And it wasn't even his job! He worked in finance, wanted to make the big bucks, but still, every time I called and asked for his help... he came.
In the clip, Hazi Dean is strapped in and hanging upside down from a crane. He is about to start being lifted upwards, tens of meters into the air. A young Aviad Halevi grabs his cheeks and says something.

- He was the last person I saw in the eyes before I did my trick, the one who said "you can do it". That was the way he was. He was incredibly smart and he didn't have to work with me, but he did it for me, says Hazi Dean.

The burial site is ten minutes by car from the family's house in the village, which is a so-called "moshav". It traditionally means a type of agricultural society where all families have their own businesses, but share tools and vehicles with each other. In Israel there are also kibbutzim, which are collective communities where the residents run businesses together. In Hamas's surprise attack, precisely these types of villages have been hit hard.

In the aftermath, many wonder how it could happen. And why no rescue came for several hours.

It is quiet at the newly dug graves that will soon be filled again. Before the funeral procession arrives, the only thing heard are regular, dull bangs. Sometimes the silence is broken by fighter jets and helicopters passing in the air above us.

The firecrackers come from Israel's bombing of Gaza. Israel is a small country, Gaza is only a few miles south of Ashdod.

- If the flight alarm goes off, don't panic! says a man into the microphone at the funeral.

- Just lie down and hold your hands over your heads.

There, in Gaza, are an unknown number of kidnapped Israelis. Israeli media and websites are flooded with calls from worried relatives, who have lost contact with their loved ones since Saturday and fear the worst.

One of the missing is 23-year-old Dorin Atias. She, like Aviad Halevi, was last seen at the music festival.

"We have turned the world upside down, we have spoken to everyone we can think of. We've looked everywhere, but we can't find her," writes Dorin Atia's mother Tali Atias in an international search.

The only clue to Dorin's whereabouts came via the friend she was at the festival with.

The friend called his sister early Saturday morning and said "they've caught us".

This is how DN works with quality journalism: information published must be true and relevant. Rumors are not enough. We strive for first-hand sources and to be there where it happens. Credibility and impartiality are central values for our news journalism.

funny smoke shell in places there is no ground warfare
In short, You have no proof.

till yesterday 11 reporter killed , 30 medic killed, ambulances bombed. 3 reporter killed at Lebanon border in a place not a single bullet fired toward Israel.
Lies, Lies, Lies.

700 children in Gazza killed in last week, carvan of refugees who were leaving Gaza get bombed . I say its pretty clear what sort of information Israel have
As I said, you have no facts about where the military targets are.
That Hamas is trying to get their own civilians killed results in - surprise, surprise - that civilians get killed.

Specially if you bother and read what Israeli official say and funny this time EU countries and USA even don't bother try to hide the fact they are partner with Israel in this Genocide

You appear to have no qualms over partnering with Hamas in their Genocide.
The EU and now the US stresses that Israel has the right if self-defense but need to follow the laws of war when doing this.
you tell me what was the percentage before Jews massacre the original inhabitant and make them leave their lands suggest go and read torah and bible on that matter its very much informative . and what made you think the arab that lived in the area were not the descendant of the jews who lived there and converted

They were given the land by God, and as the Creator - he obviously had the right to do what he pleases.
What makes You think that the Arabs are not illegal immigrants from outer space?

sugar coating terrorism committed by westerners and saving their *** .
wonder then why you guys call other countries institution as terrorist .

I don’t, because I have clue.

grasping at straws
You have been shown that Israelis primarily come from Muslim countries, Eastern Europe and Africa. Less than 10% comes from the West.
So Your idea that Jews should return to where they come from will unfortunately for you not make Muslim countries Jüdenfrei.

In short, You have no proof.
provide your proof its not incendiary shells
Lies, Lies, Lies.
Lies , Lies , Lies . the attack was some place else in response to Israel attack (not where reporters assassinated)
the different is Hezbollah target soldiers , Israel reporters
As I said, you have no facts about where the military targets are.
That Hamas is trying to get their own civilians killed results in - surprise, surprise - that civilians get killed.
i claim the dead and that was acknowledged by UN
you claim it was Hamas targets , then prove it specially about the convoy of civilians that were using the supposed safe route to evacuate Gaza
You appear to have no qualms over partnering with Hamas in their Genocide.
I yet to see that
The EU and now the US stresses that Israel has the right if self-defense but need to follow the laws of war when doing this.
if they are sincere then condemn Israel in UNSC for breaching laws of war
They were given the land by God, and as the Creator - he obviously had the right to do what he pleases.
What makes You think that the Arabs are not illegal immigrants from outer space?
proof
I don’t, because I have clue.
strongest logic ever.
You have been shown that Israelis primarily come from Muslim countries, Eastern Europe and Africa. Less than 10% comes from the West.
wrong

Basis of this conflict originated in European anti-semitism and (psuedo-religious) secular nationalism.
1. 'Herzl identified with the Prussian nobility'
So, Herzl, founder of Zionism, did not identify with the nobility in the land of the real Semites called Bilad al Sham in the Middle East. I don't think he bothered to connect with or contact them.

2. 'Herzl’s Zionism does reflect, in a way, the desire to be a good European. He envisions a state where people will speak European languages and consume European culture.'
In other words, Herzl was in awe of European culture like an untermensche.

3. 'He himself was not religiously observant', YET, 'he thought he was a second Moses'.
Muslims have absolute love and respect for Moses, among the top 5 famous prophets of Islam, absolute contempt for Herzl.

You have a military that backs a movement of barbaric ideology in neighboring Afghanistan and you have a state completely feudal in character. Now I can put Pakistanis in one of two buckets - hopeless romantics or hypocrites
Better than theIndian category of cow p!ss drinkers and Zion genociders.

provide your proof its not incendiary shells
You make an accusation, you provide the proof.

Lies , Lies , Lies . the attack was some place else in response to Israel attack (not where reporters assassinated)
the different is Hezbollah target soldiers , Israel reporters

Hezbollah renewed the fighting. They bear the responsibility.
That reporters are killed, if they were killed, is not proof of anything except that it is a dangerous profession in war. Hezbollah is known for indiscriminate firing of missiles at population centres.

i claim the dead and that was acknowledged by UN
you claim it was Hamas targets , then prove it specially about the convoy of civilians that were using the supposed safe route to evacuate Gaza
it is up to You to provide proof of your accusations.

I yet to see that

if they are sincere then condemn Israel in UNSC for breaching laws of war

The UNSC is not going to ignore this, and they will be sure to veto a one-sided resolution proposal like You are suggesting.

proof

strongest logic ever.

wrong
Your claims are never proof.

There is plenty of empty space in USA, and USA love Jews we all seen that, they are ready to kill for them, so why not just take the Jews and resettle them in different states, because of course we can not take someone's land just because your God which I don't believe in said so, America is a country without a religion so take the Jews there, Simple. Or unless the US people believe there is a God, and that God has given this land to Jews hence I would like to see the claim of Americans who say America doesn't have a religious state policy.
Yeah but there are many connections between the Russians and the Israelis. Even during the Soviet times. And Israel wasn't willing to help Ukraine even when Ukraine has a Jewish president. So they prefer Russian relationship.

Hezbollah renewed the fighting. They bear the responsibility.
That reporters are killed, if they were killed, is not proof of anything except that it is a dangerous profession in war. Hezbollah is known for indiscriminate firing of missiles at population centres.
no Hezbollah didn't start it , Israel in its fight with Palestinian attacked Hezbollah position so get your fact right first .
and the only one known for indiscriminately target civilian is Israel not Hezbollah stop writing your revisionist version of history nobody buy it anymore
t is up to You to provide proof of your accusations.
there is no need it already acknowledged by UNICEF which is a UN organization if you are not aware

by the way that is old news , the new statistic is around 1000 . now go support Israel child murdering regime
The UNSC is not going to ignore this, and they will be sure to veto a one-sided resolution proposal like You are suggesting.
they sure veto any proposal that condemn Israel for its atrocities and indiscriminately killing children and pregnant woman . that's why i say Eu and USA are not sincere and just paying some lip service
Your claims are never proof.
sorry for you UN acknowledged my claim

no Hezbollah didn't start it , Israel in its fight with Palestinian attacked Hezbollah position so get your fact right first .
This is the earliest source I can find and it states that Hezbollah attacked first.

Up to You to show that you are right.

and the only one known for indiscriminately target civilian is Israel not Hezbollah stop writing your revisionist version of history nobody buy it anymore
The Human Rights Watch certainly has claimed they fire indiscriminately at civilians.

During its armed conflict with Israel from July 12 until August 14, 2006, Hezbollah claimed at various times that its rockets were aimed primarily at military targets in Israel, or that its attacks on civilians were justifiable as a response to Israel’s indiscriminate fire into southern Lebanon and as a tool to draw Israel into a ground war. In fact, the former claim is refuted by the large number of rockets that hit civilian objects far removed from any military targets, whereas the latter arguments are inadmissible under international humanitarian law.

Hezbollah forces in Lebanon fired thousands of rockets into Israel, causing civilian casualties and damage to civilian structures. Hezbollah’s means of attack relied on unguided weapons that had no capacity to hit military targets with any precision. It repeatedly bombarded cities, towns, and villages without any apparent effort to distinguish between civilians and military objectives. In doing so, Hezbollah, as a party to an armed conflict governed by international humanitarian law, violated fundamental prohibitions against deliberate and indiscriminate attacks against civilians.

there is no need it already acknowledged by UNICEF which is a UN organization if you are not aware

UNICEF has acknowledged that children die. For this discussion this is unimportant. What is important here is if they died as a result of war crimes or not.

by the way that is old news , the new statistic is around 1000 . now go support Israel child murdering regime

They would not have died if Hamas had not started to Genocide Israelis.
Now go continuing to support all dictators that kills childrens including Putin, Assad , Hezbollah and Hamas.

they sure veto any proposal that condemn Israel for its atrocities and indiscriminately killing children and pregnant woman . that's why i say Eu and USA are not sincere and just paying some lip service
They veto all biased resolutions that ignore the war crimes of Palestinians.
When did Arab countries propose a resolution criticizing Palestinian war crimes?

Goldstone’s final opinion on the 2004 war:
”While the investigations published by the Israeli military and recognized in the U.N. committee's report have established the validity of some incidents that we investigated in cases involving individual soldiers, they also indicate that civilians were not intentionally targeted as a matter of policy”.
sorry for you UN acknowledged my claim
The article had no comment on Your claim of war crimes.

This is the earliest source I can find and it states that Hezbollah attacked first.

Up to You to show that you are right.
as i said Palestinian fired from there and Israel went and attacked Hezbollah and made them enter the conflict .
as always great thinking by Netanyahu and his child murdering pals
if you want to knew 7 day ago some Palestinian refugee attacked Israel from Lebanon border and 5 day ago Israel attacked Hezbollah and that made Hezbollah answer Israel attacks and from there it escalating

The Human Rights Watch certainly has claimed they fire indiscriminately at civilians.

Civilians under Assault: Hezbollah’s Rocket Attacks on Israel in the 2006 War: Summary
During its armed conflict with Israel from July 12 until August 14, 2006, Hezbollah claimed at various times that its rockets were aimed primarily at military targets in Israel, or that its attacks on civilians were justifiable as a response to Israel’s indiscriminate fire into southern Lebanon and as a tool to draw Israel into a ground war. In fact, the former claim is refuted by the large number of rockets that hit civilian objects far removed from any military targets, whereas the latter arguments are inadmissible under international humanitarian law.

Hezbollah forces in Lebanon fired thousands of rockets into Israel, causing civilian casualties and damage to civilian structures. Hezbollah’s means of attack relied on unguided weapons that had no capacity to hit military targets with any precision. It repeatedly bombarded cities, towns, and villages without any apparent effort to distinguish between civilians and military objectives. In doing so, Hezbollah, as a party to an armed conflict governed by international humanitarian law, violated fundamental prohibitions against deliberate and indiscriminate attacks against civilians.
wrong , they targeted military target but those rockets were inaccurate and some fall on civilian area . the number of civilian casualties compared to military one and the fact Israel target even north of Lebanon prove that .
and by the way wonder which is worse target civilian with precision weapon or target military but because your weapon is not accurate some of them fall on civilians
UNICEF has acknowledged that children die. For this discussion this is unimportant. What is important here is if they died as a result of war crimes or not.
looks like war-crime to not blinded
1697434056262.png

1697434224768.png

They would not have died if Hamas had not started to Genocide Israelis.
Now go continuing to support all dictators that kills childrens including Putin, Assad , Hezbollah and Hamas.
that you failed to provide evidence and claims debunked one after one
now a question putin killed 500 children in 20 month and most of it was the result of Ukraine air-defense handiwork
Netanyahu killed 1000 in just 8 days . now go and support him
by the way evidence that Hezbollah target civilians please ? and as far as I'm aware all claim of Hamas killed children proven to be fake propaganda by Israeli child murderers to justify their war-crime as if one war-crime justify another one .
They veto all biased resolutions that ignore the war crimes of Palestinians.
When did Arab countries propose a resolution criticizing Palestinian war crimes?
they veto all resolution that don't praise the war-criminal child murdering israel

as i said Palestinian fired from there and Israel went and attacked Hezbollah and made them enter the conflict .
as always great thinking by Netanyahu and his child murdering pals
if you want to knew 7 day ago some Palestinian refugee attacked Israel from Lebanon border and 5 day ago Israel attacked Hezbollah and that made Hezbollah answer Israel attacks and from there it escalating

The rules of PDF says English, so Your source is dismissed.
Try again.

wrong , they targeted military target but those rockets were inaccurate and some fall on civilian area . the number of civilian casualties compared to military one and the fact Israel target even north of Lebanon prove that .

And that is called indiscriminately firing on population centers and that is a war crime.

and by the way wonder which is worse target civilian with precision weapon or target military but because your weapon is not accurate some of them fall on civilians

looks like war-crime to not blinded
View attachment 962454
View attachment 962455
It looks like the building was taken out and the rest remains standing covered with dust. So this looks like discriminately firing on military targets within population centers which is fully legal.
You need an investigation to show otherwise.

that you failed to provide evidence and claims debunked one after one

You have not been able to prove a single claim of a war crime.

now a question putin killed 500 children in 20 month and most of it was the result of Ukraine air-defense handiwork
Netanyahu killed 1000 in just 8 days . now go and support him

I don’t support Nethanyahu.
I support accusations of war crimes must be supported by evidence when the crime is not obvious.

by the way evidence that Hezbollah target civilians please ? and as far as I'm aware all claim of Hamas killed children proven to be fake propaganda by Israeli child murderers to justify their war-crime as if one war-crime justify another one .

I guess you are reading only Iranian fake news or try to become the next Baghdad Bob.

they veto all resolution that don't praise the war-criminal child murdering israel
They veto all resolutions that ignore Palestinian war crimes…

Why would anyone in their right mind butt heads with this dude?
Living and creating his own history, narrative and timeline. His narrative doesn't bring settlers to Europe... it keeps them as occupiers. It doesn't see zionism as a European movement, it doesn't see colonial rule of Britain as harbinger of this imposition... it pivots around, facts on ground theme... it discounts the holocaust being committed in Europe... it equates economic migrants with settler colonizer!
If you dovetail into his context... he'll conjure up a parallel narrative for someone with endless time at hand to manipulate a forever grind. How many words, sentences or para would you point out as taken either out of context, made up or utter innuendo peppered with a smattering of helpful or fitting exhibits.

If that doesn't dissuade you than keep at it... you ain't going nowhere. Cause he ain't here to learn... purpose expressly is to pick and choose from above to what he can work with to spice the argument.

Let him be... that alone is enough for someone seeking purposeful subversion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom